Help troubleshooting Elekit TU-8500 preamp

Hello all,
I am new here so , this might be a question that has already been asked. I just finished an Elekit TU8500 and I have an issue. One of the channels has a hum (probably 60 cycle) If I touch one of the ground screws in the cabinet, the noise backs off a lot so, it appears that I have grounding problem so something like that. Has anybody got a suggestion on fixing this problem?
regards

Hello all,
I am new here so , this might be a question that has already been asked. I just finished an Elekit TU8500 and I have an issue. One of the channels has a hum (probably 60 cycle) If I touch one of the ground screws in the cabinet, the noise backs off a lot so, it appears that I have grounding problem so something like that. Has anybody got a suggestion on fixing this problem?
regards
I am assuming your chassis is expected to be connected to the earth wire on the 3pin socket.

have you checked / getting continuity from the chassis and the earth plug pin ?

I am assuming your chassis is expected to be connected to the earth wire on the 3pin socket.

have you checked / getting continuity from the chassis and the earth plug pin ?
Thanks for the idea, I haven't checked that yet. The cord has only a 2 prong plug on it so maybe I'll try a 3 prong as well.

At the end it was a faulty resistor that leads to VCC. All Bridge rectifiers were working fine. I will post an update after I'll receive the new resistor
Hi, was it r59 resistor that was damaged. Did you figure it out using continuity check. Thx

Thanks for the idea, I haven't checked that yet. The cord has only a 2 prong plug on it so maybe I'll try a 3 prong as well.
I found a resistor that was bad in the section of line 1 at the 12au7 tube. Just fell on it right out of the blue after hours of checking solder connections. Thanks for the help.
The TU8500 works well now. I read that you can change 4 caps to a higher value. What would be the gain in that be?
Thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back