2. Youtube
3. Movies

Size: 55 inches or 65 Inches

Budget: Up to Rs 1,20,000 (Flexible)

Source:
PS4 Pro (HDR - 4K)
Blu Ray Rips

Time of Purchase: Probably in upcoming Diwali Sales

Please suggest what is the current best offering and is good Oled TV possible near by this price range?

Sony or LG OLED and the Samsung QLED. Both are excellent for gaming.

Samsung is way brighter, though OLED PQ is better and the blacks are really black.

LG OLEDs were down to 1.35 to 1.4 a while back... you could snag a good deal during the festive season.

All the best.

LED-LCD or QLED for gaming. OLED for everything else.

QLED is nothing like OLED. It is the same LCD technology but with some refinements. "LED" TV is also LCD TV with LED backlighting. OLED is a completely different technology where each pixel is a light source itself and so it can have the best blacks and contrast.

OLED models: Sony A8F, LG B8/C8

QLED: Samsung models. But too costly and so at that price OLED would be better. TCL is coming up with a 65inch QLED TV for around Rs.1.05 lacs very soon in October (model: TCL 65X4). Something to watch out for and look for reviews before buying.

you can check samsung NU8000 It will be for around 1-1.2 lac range.Very low input lag and also it supports freesync.If gaming is your priority then Lg sk 9500 is also a good option another tv with very low input lag it is around 1.3 may be cheaper at the time of diwali.

You have to extend your budget for LG oled
I can go upto 1.5L.
I am thinking of Sony X9000F, LG B8/C8 or Samsung Q7NF.
Oleds have fantastic response time and very low input lag (which is essential for gaming), but I am concerned about oled burn in as games have static HUD and maps at corners.
X9000F is more budget friendly and burn in is generally not a issue on LED.

I have been using Samsung flagship mobiles from last 3 years, so a bit spoiled by their color vividity.

Heart says to go with the best i.e B8/C8, brains tells me to go with X9000F.
I plan to use TV for next 4-5 year at least.

What is the opinion and experience of fellow hifi-ers with both TV's?
And how is 2018 B8/L8's with burn in, have LG done anything this year to solve the same?

Bit off topic:
How do you guys take demo, I mean what type videos do you recommend to bring, what kind of things do you look out for?
I am very less experienced, I would be going this Friday to Noida for taking demo, so what material should I take with me and what settings I should set on the TV. I am planning to demo C8 and X900F and Q7NF
Any help is much appreciated. Apologies if the question sound dumb.

Yes, I read it previously, as per it I have narrowed down to Sony X9000F, LG B8/C8 or Samsung Q7NF.
Will take demo this week than take advice of fellow members and will buy accordingly.

Since I haven't taken a proper demo before, that's why I asked fellow hifiers:

Bit off topic:
How do you guys take demo, I mean what type videos do you recommend to bring, what kind of things do you look out for?
I am very less experienced, I would be going this Friday to Noida for taking demo, so what material should I take with me and what settings I should set on the TV. I am planning to demo C8 and X900F and Q7NF
Any help is much appreciated. Apologies if the question sound dumb.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube comparing the various models and including reviews from gamers. The ones that I have seen have recommended going for QLED rather than OLED for gaming. Give some time to go through some videos.

For those who don't know, both QLED and OLED are completely different. QLED is LCD with LED backlight and an advanced pixel structure for better colours. OLED has no backlight but each pixel creates its own light directly.

If you are willing to let go of OLED, then you may even want to consider letting go of QLED and go for a regular LED-LCD TV which will be much cheaper and you can go for the 65 inch size instead of 55 inch which I believe is a bit too small. Just look for gaming reviews of the model you select. However, none of them give a glossy screen if that is important to you. See my thread on that for more info as only the high-end TV OLED/QLED models have that.

As for samples, take some Full HD and 720p movies in a pen drive for a demo. 4k files will look good in any 4k TV. Notice how bad the 720p files look. Sony should give better upscaling than other brands. But Samsung may do it well too. If you can identify a specific panning scene in a movie, then go to that scene to see how the TV handles moving objects and how much stutter it there. To understand what a "panning" scene looks like, search on YouTube.

Hope it helps.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back