Help with AVR upgrade

If i were you, i would do 4 heights in the room, no matter what.. Not every room has ideal placements for speakers, so you have to adjust / customize the speaker stands/brackets/ placement to make it a better experience..

As said earlier, go for 4 heights..

If i were you, i would do 4 heights in the room, no matter what.. Not every room has ideal placements for speakers, so you have to adjust / customize the speaker stands/brackets/ placement to make it a better experience..

As said earlier, go for 4 heights..
Ok sure :)

U can try Front heights with your SVS ellevation ,mounting high on the front wall. Then u can place rear heights on the ceiling (above SL & SR ) tilted down towards the MLP. Denon X4500 will be better than SR6013 (specwise).
Based on my experience heights are secondary .The important factor in HT and to enjoy the same is to bring the Front Sound stage ,better bass management and integration of main speakers (bed layer speakers ) to the sub ,blended in a perfect way .I have heard many demos (both in showrooms & home demos ),the fact is most of people are not gifted to attain these factors (Especially in a living room its very hard to attain this.).Only very few demos are perfect which I have heard so far.

U can try Front heights with your SVS ellevation ,mounting high on the front wall. Then u can place rear heights on the ceiling (above SL & SR ) tilted down towards the MLP. Denon X4500 will be better than SR6013 (specwise).
Based on my experience heights are secondary .The important factor in HT and to enjoy the same is to bring the Front Sound stage ,better bass management and integration of main speakers (bed layer speakers ) to the sub ,blended in a perfect way .I have heard many demos (both in showrooms & home demos ),the fact is most of people are not gifted to attain these factors (Especially in a living room its very hard to attain this.).Only very few demos are perfect which I have heard so far.
Thanks for the suggestion but for me front heights is impossible as just above my LCR there is a huge slab. Please refer the image. So I can only place the speakers in the ceiling. Hope u saw the schematic diagram of my room in the first mess of the thread. I am planning top middle and rear heights combination with the top middle speaker placed slightly front and not in the middle of the room. As mentioned in the previous post I am going to get a 6012 or 6013 loaned first and after experimenting how it sounds I’ll make the upgrade.

Attachments

• 5AFD3607-4683-4F1F-9CCC-C824388D92A8.jpeg
    5AFD3607-4683-4F1F-9CCC-C824388D92A8.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 45
Thanks for the suggestion but for me front heights is impossible as just above my LCR there is a huge slab. Please refer the image. So I can only place the speakers in the ceiling. Hope u saw the schematic diagram of my room in the first mess of the thread. I am planning top middle and rear heights combination with the top middle speaker placed slightly front and not in the middle of the room. As mentioned in the previous post I am going to get a 6012 or 6013 loaned first and after experimenting how it sounds I’ll make the upgrade.
Ucan try by placing.But I feel that may not be wise decision . Better to have Top fronts and rears heights IMO.

Ucan try by placing.But I feel that may not be wise decision . Better to have Top fronts and rears heights IMO.
Sure will check both positions first before I make the upgrade. First I am not going to make the purchase. By next week I may get the 6012 or the 6013 loaned for one or two weeks. The pain is I have to do the wiring work and drill holes and install the speakers and re-arrange them every time I have to test different position. On the positive note well m getting products to audition :)

Ah OK.
Maybe if you lower the seating level, and thus the viewing level it may solve the heights issue?
Cheers,
Raghu

Ah OK.
Maybe if you lower the seating level, and thus the viewing level it may solve the heights issue?
Cheers,
Raghu
yeah may be but can’t do any changes since it’s my master bedroom. Currently I have a 5.1.2 set up and it’s awesome and can feel the separations very well. Height effects are also amazing even though the fronts are placed heigh. Am in the process of getting movable mounts where I can adjust the heights for the LR speakers going to try bringing them down slightly and see how it works out

yeah may be but can’t do any changes since it’s my master bedroom. Currently I have a 5.1.2 set up and it’s awesome and can feel the separations very well. Height effects are also amazing even though the fronts are placed heigh. Am in the process of getting movable mounts where I can adjust the heights for the LR speakers going to try bringing them down slightly and see how it works out
That is out of box thinking :)
Nice!!
Cheers,
Raghu

Am in the process of getting movable mounts where I can adjust the heights for the LR speakers going to try bringing them down slightly and see how it works out

Nice..

From the images that you have attached, it looks like your front L & R are above ear level.. Not sure if you positioned this high as not to knock off the speaker while moving in the room, but, measure you ear height from the floor where you would watch movies.. Try to match the fronts (if possible center & surrounds too) at that level.. Tweeters at ear level or slightly above should be fine..

This way heights & bed speakers are not closer than what you think of..

Nice..

From the images that you have attached, it looks like your front L & R are above ear level.. Not sure if you positioned this high as not to knock off the speaker while moving in the room, but, measure you ear height from the floor where you would watch movies.. Try to match the fronts (if possible center & surrounds too) at that level.. Tweeters at ear level or slightly above should be fine..

This way heights & bed speakers are not closer than what you think of..
The LR mid range driver will be at my ear level if I sit on my bed. The tweeters will be slightly at my ear level when I sit on a bean bag on top of my bed. Since my bed is tall I have placed the LR slightly high from the floor. My surround speakers I have placed them slightly above my ear level.

Just how good are pioneer Avr's? Came across the model lx 503 for a very cheap price in grey market. Are they as good as denon in performance and how is the service network

Last edited:
The LR mid range driver will be at my ear level if I sit on my bed. The tweeters will be slightly at my ear level when I sit on a bean bag on top of my bed. Since my bed is tall I have placed the LR slightly high from the floor. My surround speakers I have placed them slightly above my ear level.
Hi
How is the performance of the speakers placed on the toughened glass shelf arrangement which you owned. Does the speakers sounds like on stand mounted? Or under performing?
I also have a very limited space in my setup, thinking about your idea for speakers,
Cheers,
PKS

Hi
How is the performance of the speakers placed on the toughened glass shelf arrangement which you owned. Does the speakers sounds like on stand mounted? Or under performing?
I also have a very limited space in my setup, thinking about your idea for speakers,
Cheers,
PKS
I haven't done any side by side comparison with glass mount and floor stands but i am happy with the performance of my speakers and dont hear any distortions or glass vibrations. Sound is clear even when speakers are set to large and played in stereo mode. Do let me know if you need any further help with the mounts.

Just how good are pioneer Avr's? Came across the model lx 503 for a very cheap price in grey market. Are they as good as denon in performance and how is the service network
Resale value for pioneer is bad comparatively.
Pioneer Elite series are damn good .I had hands on experience with LX vsx 302,LX 59(Original Elite),vsx 1131,Denon x1100.
But never had an issue and sold it in hifi vision long back due to absence of pre out.
Now comparison with Denon - Sound will be almost like Denon. it's good for movie watching and pioneer build quality appearance wise better than Denon under the same price bracket.
But the model you mentioned here is having pre out if the price,product is good u can blindly go for it.
No idea about after sales service.
Ps - Onkyo and pioneer are handled by same team and gui looks almost same.
Atb.

Resale value for pioneer is bad comparatively.
Pioneer Elite series are damn good .I had hands on experience with LX vsx 302,LX 59(Original Elite),vsx 1131,Denon x1100.
But never had an issue and sold it in hifi vision long back due to absence of pre out.
Now comparison with Denon - Sound will be almost like Denon. it's good for movie watching and pioneer build quality appearance wise better than Denon under the same price bracket.
But the model you mentioned here is having pre out if the price,product is good u can blindly go for it.
No idea about after sales service.
Ps - Onkyo and pioneer are handled by same team and gui looks almost same.
Atb.
Ok thanks so LX 503 does not fall in Ellite series right? And i was seriously considering this model but a huge blow after reading that it doesn't have individual crossover settings for each speakers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back