• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Help with DTS output from Freeagent Theatre plus on Onkyo 3400

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers

silverbeam

Hi again all,

This time I have a couple of queries :) and sorry to sound naive in this forum.

I have a freeagent theatre setup with Onkyo 3400 through HDMI (in) and HDMI (out) to LCD. Everything works fine, its nice to listen to (in fact i just loved the 3400!).

I was overjoyed with my setup, and went to download DTS MKV Video files from the net. To my dismay, I found that the movies were playing 3.1 instead of DTS or even 5.1. (Got this info from the Audio information displayed by the receiver). Now i let me also tell you that i am not sure if the video files had a DTS stream or not. However, i had downloaded DTS Trailers.

It would be great if anyone could help me here with :
a) How can i get the FAT+ to stream DTS audio to my receiver. Going through the HDMI settings, I found two audio source options.. HDMI and HDMI PCM and google was not very kind to me today, Tried both but no much use

b)The second query is , how do i Rip movie DVDs downsizing the video to a little extent but retaining the DTS or Dolby sound track as losless?

Thank you so much in advance :)

Cheers!

donjuansid

i guess the option shuld remain as HDMI and the free agent should have a setting to bit stream know as passover, i have WD it some times does it and sometimes not . in case of 2 audio like DTS + one more audio ac3 or something it fails,then i need to switch to stereo option WD. Its the problem with the firmware. thats why i decided to build a htpc.

Rockfella

You did the right thing. There is almost no problems with HTPCs.
i guess the option shuld remain as HDMI and the free agent should have a setting to bit stream know as passover, i have WD it some times does it and sometimes not . in case of 2 audio like DTS + one more audio ac3 or something it fails,then i need to switch to stereo option WD. Its the problem with the firmware. thats why i decided to build a htpc.