Help with selecting the right cable

Love4sound

Hi All,

I am currently using belkin 1.4 version cables for my Avr and blu ray player. Its more then 4 years old and i see a lot of corrosion in the terminals. So i got the amazon basics hdmi and noticed that the video clarity was not equal to the belkin cable. This got me wondering what if the same applies for amazon subwoofer cable as well cause it got me thinking if belkin HDMI gives better picture quality over the amazon basics hdmi cable there are chances that a better branded sub cable will be good for the subwoofer. For speakers i use the below purchased from amazon and hope it is more then enough. For HDMI and subwoofer cable i checked Hi-fi mart. For subwoofer 2 models DAC AVX02W SUBWOOFER CABLE and DAC ARSW23 HI-END SUBWOOFER CABLE are available and for HDMI
DAC HDMI 2.0 4K SILVER PLATED COPPER and DAC HDMI 2.0A HDCP 2.2 4K ULTRA HD CABLE are available. I haven't heard about DAC so wanted to know if it is worth the cost and also advise which model to get. And also if other brands in similar budget alse let me know

https://www.amazon.in/16AWG-Enhanced-Oxygen-Free-Copper-Speaker/dp/B00APEG9MO
https://www.hifimart.com/cables/subwoofer-cable/
https://www.hifimart.com/cables/hdmi-cable/

Also, take a look at the Bluerigger cables easily available on Amazon. Been using their HDMI and Sub cable with no issues.

MaSh

+1 to bluerigger. It's built well, I have run a 15ft cable through the ceiling for my projector, also use the 2m braided cables for the av devices. Amazon has some sweet deals on them sometimes.

For subwoofer I have found the Amazon basics cable itself to be good, it's so cheap during those lightning deals, even if the oxidisation causes any loss in quality, it can be replaced many times for the cost.

For speakers though, a real ofc from a reputed brand would be good. I use a klotz ly225 14 awg cable.its a German brand and It sells for around 110 rs/m. It has best shielding as well to avoid interference with other electrical wires etc., nearby. They are also known for making professional grade mic and audio instrument cables.

+1 to bluerigger. It's built well, I have run a 15ft cable through the ceiling for my projector, also use the 2m braided cables for the av devices. Amazon has some sweet deals on them sometimes.

For subwoofer I have found the Amazon basics cable itself to be good, it's so cheap during those lightning deals, even if the oxidisation causes any loss in quality, it can be replaced many times for the cost.

For speakers though, a real ofc from a reputed brand would be good. I use a klotz ly225 14 awg cable.its a German brand and It sells for around 110 rs/m. It has best shielding as well to avoid interference with other electrical wires etc., nearby. They are also known for making professional grade mic and audio instrument cables.

Are you referring to the below cable? A 2.0 2 metre cable costing just 550. The 1.4 version 1.5 m belkin that i am currently using itself costed around 1000rs 4 years back. And coming to the sub-woofer cable yes i dont find any fault with the amazon basics cable. Since the amazon basics Hdmi cable was no way near the belkin HDMI cable i was considering getting a good quality cable thats all. Even my HDMI cables are working perfect just worried about the corrosion in the terminals. Just recently i wired all my speakers with 16awg C&E OFC cables

https://www.amazon.in/BlueRigger-High-Speed-Cable-Ethernet/dp/B00316263Y

Are you referring to the below cable? A 2.0 2 metre cable costing just 550. The 1.4 version 1.5 m belkin that i am currently using itself costed around 1000rs 4 years back. And coming to the sub-woofer cable yes i dont find any fault with the amazon basics cable. Since the amazon basics Hdmi cable was no way near the belkin HDMI cable i was considering getting a good quality cable thats all. Even my HDMI cables are working perfect just worried about the corrosion in the terminals. Just recently i wired all my speakers with 16awg C&E OFC cables

https://www.amazon.in/BlueRigger-High-Speed-Cable-Ethernet/dp/B00316263Y
Was referring to this one. Same as the one you pasted, but this has a nylon braided outer layer making it less susceptible to damage while pulling behind cabinets in case there are some sharp edges.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0060B7NCG/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_awdo_t1_ot6wCb5ESJ039

Was referring to this one. Same as the one you pasted, but this has a nylon braided outer layer making it less susceptible to damage while pulling behind cabinets in case there are some sharp edges.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0060B7NCG/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_awdo_t1_ot6wCb5ESJ039

Ok how come it is so cheap? A 2.0 2 metre cable costing just 550. The 1.4 version 1.5 m belkin that i am currently using itself costed around 1000rs 4 years back. I always believe that good quality products come at a cost

Thanks for sharing. But i did side by side comparisons with belkin and amazon hdmi cable and the picture quality was clearly better in the belkin. May be you dont have to spend a huge amount on cables but pocket friendly well known brands will do the job

One doubt. I think my Tv and blu ray player HDMI version is 1.4. So if i get a hdmi 2.0 it should work right?

Yes all HDMI are backward compatible. Just make sure they are from a proper brand. Beyond a certain point, there is very little to no difference in cables. Amazon basics as the name suggests is for a basic connection, say set top box to a TV. However, when it gets more complex than that, and when you compare, things become different. All my HDMI cables are Bluerigger, they are not the best when compared, I am happy with them considering what they cost.

MaSh

Yes all HDMI are backward compatible. Just make sure they are from a proper brand. Beyond a certain point, there is very little to no difference in cables. Amazon basics as the name suggests is for a basic connection, say set top box to a TV. However, when it gets more complex than that, and when you compare, things become different. All my HDMI cables are Bluerigger, they are not the best when compared, I am happy with them considering what they cost.

MaSh
I have shortlisted two. Dac sold in Hi fi mart or the Audio quest pearl

Audioquest if its in your budget.
Ok will give pearl a shot. Since its way expensive compared to others i will have to settle for two .6 metre to connect between avr to BD, nvidia shield and a 1 metre to connect from Avr to tv

I dont think the quality of the picture will vary over different HDMI cables. Digital data cant be altered over cables. The cables either send the data or it doesnt. Only in analog signals the quality gets altered over various cables. Hope I am correct.

I dont think the quality of the picture will vary over different HDMI cables. Digital data cant be altered over cables. The cables either send the data or it doesnt. Only in analog signals the quality gets altered over various cables. Hope I am correct.
Well wen I compared wit amazon basics hdmi the belkin was better. Yes you don’t have to invest a lot in hdmi cables. A well known brand priced between 1000-2000 should do the job. But when u have the source at a long distance say 10-15 metres that is where I think you will need high end cables to avoid signal loss

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back