Help with selecting the right Power Amplifier

Mr James, i agree too much of power is bad. But, it's not too bad like powering the power hungry speakers with underpowered amps. With high power amplifier you have got two tools to save your speakers and your amplifiers. Volume knob and ears. It's in fact hard to kill a speaker or electronics by feeding too much power unless one badly wants to murder it. More power is always good.
Yes ,What i meant is , Overpowering too much can blow up speakers ,since wattage produce heats with magnets in the speakers.
Also underpowering can cause clipping which is very bad for speakers than overpowering speakers with safe volume levels.

I also disagree with you on changing speakers part. Changing the speakers would bring you a considerable difference to your table tonal wise, imaging wise, depth and sound stage wise if those speakers are properly set up.

Every speaker is so different that a KEF can never be a Klipsch nor you can't expect a Klipsch to be transparent as a KEF or Maggie.
Agree that every speaker have difference in tonal quality. But to get the best improvements you need to spend a lot with other speaker brands , and you need to go next high line /high end series of other brands. Using same series of speakers with any brand will have subtle notable differences and going with same series of speaker does not make sense as good upgrade . Also Going in highline speakers demand more power , which AVR cannot justify any day. Finally it's boiling down to the equipment upgrade.

What i am telling is ,Power Amp may not be very essential for first time users . When you want to upgrade your HT or music listening to next level Power Amp is one of the essential equipment to consider , where you will feel more difference in clarity and punch .

Once you hear your speakers with power amp , you wouldn't want to go back with direct AVR outs for sure.

Good to know that you found improvements via the crown. What gain are you running it at on ? Also there is discussion ongoing on a review thread attached below, a owners group would be great to further discuss.

Good to know that you found improvements via the crown. What gain are you running it at on ? Also there is discussion ongoing on a review thread attached below, a owners group would be great to further discuss.

I had the gain dialled about to 70% to level match other speakers during Audyssey calibration (Front left channel on Amp was set at 0 and right at +1.5), my Movies listening level is about 75-78 db
I am not much into Music.

Okay...trust me..you don't need a 5 channel power amp at all. I understand that you only need 2 channels of additional amplification at the moment. So add a 2 channel integrated amp with HT bypass inputs for front L&R speakers. This will also open up a exciting world of pure 2 channel audio. So you can start having more itches for dac's, streamers, phono stages for TT, and eventually a TT too. All the best :)
Just saw your post.
Am also in a quest to take out the FS from the AVR and add an IA with HT bypass.
When I went for audition for IA I was somehow convinced to try Anthem and Emotiva gen2.
Dealer says that I add a source to any IA it's better to just go for PA.
I currently stream Spotify through wifi.
So for the best possible music experience isn't it better to start by adding an IA to the AVR?

Thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back