here we go again..

The never ending quest for the right amp is now @ a stage which is quite similar to what you went through when you were on the speakers hunt, in fact quite eerily similar :D

Things coming back to full circle??? Deja Vu???

I have been silent observer in the background on both occasions & am happy & sad at the same time :rolleyes:

I think you are now quite close to being where you need to be ;)

A song dedicated to you

Bruce Hornsby (That's just the way it is) - YouTube

Standin' in line marking time
Waiting for the welfare dime
'Cause they can't buy a job
The man in the silk suit hurries by
As he catches the poor old lady's eyes
Just for fun he says, 'Get a job'

That's just the way it is
Some things'll never change
Ha, but don't you believe them

Said, 'Hey little boy you can't go
Where the others go
Cause you don't look like they do'
Said, 'Hey, old man how can you stand
To think that way
Did you really think about it
Before you made the rules?'
He said, 'Son

Some things'll never change
That's just the way it is'
Ha, but don't you believe them

Ooo, yeah (instrumental)

(That's just the way it is)
(That's just the way it is)

Well, they passed a law in '64
To give those who ain't got, a little more
But it only goes so far
'Cause the law don't change another's mind
When all it sees at the hiring time
Is the line on the color bar
But who knows

Some things'll never change (right)
That's just they way it is, it is, when you're waiting.

Hi MPW,
You have almost the same list of amps on our mind ,like mine,
However you r lucky , u can demo many setups in Mumbai. I would be pairing them with Epos (yet to buy ,90% sure)

My initial thought was to get a pre/power from used market (UK) I was looking for .
1. Adcom GFA 555II
2. Parasound HCA 2200ii or 1200ii
But I am unsure whether the shipping cost will be too much for pre/power considering they will be very heavy.
So I thought was to get used integrate (at a higher value) which will eventually save the shipping cost.
1.Used Creek 5350
2.New Emotiva XPA 2

Then I thought that the amp should give me enough flexibility to upgrade my speakers later on if I need to.So I got inclined to MF M3i.
I have read that many users pair them with Epos Epic series ,B&W ,Ushers,Proacs etc

I also have Rega and exposure on my list too.
Exposure 2010s and Rega --I am planning to demo them with Usher speakers in Kolkata this week end.

Do you know the prices of MF,rega exposure in mumbai.?Please share your listening experience with MF m3i and Epos M12i ,if you have already auditioned them. Also can you please check if there is a discount if we buy together?

let me know how the demo goes..

the exposure 2010s is MRP 89000 in bangalore

good luck

mpw

mpw...how was your experience with khartago and stratos? btw, how much does khartago cost here in India?

I would also suggest classe and plinius. I know classe is a good match for Promitheus. nick used to use it himself...

are you fixed on keeping the epos? i am just thinking aloud here - would the tvc be a good match for ATC active???

soul,

the khartago is 75k for the normal one and 85k for the supercharged one.

I likes the stratos and i think the khartago will be a little less refined but some folks may like it that way. After having heard the stratos.. it will be some decision to settle for the khartago. But i read that its no way a bad choice at all.

Hoping to hear the khartago in Mumbai.

Plinius - India mein milta nahin..

The actives route will not require TVC at all i think..

mpw

Denom, you are right .... quite very similar to the speaker hunt. Only hope he does not end up doing a blind-buy, here too.

@ mpw ... if it is 'just' a different SQ you are seeking this time, would suggest you to look at Virenji's 2A3 integrated with the Epos M12. Am sure, you should be able to borrow such an amp in Mumbai. CorElement was in awe of this 3W amp with his Jamos. The Epos would be far easier to drive (with this amp) than the Jamos.

avid,

i am hopng to be in DEL next week.. i will try and audition..if i can find some time

but its "just" the SQ that makes the audio world go around.. doesnt it ??

will hear the jolidas too and use this chance to get exposed to more the tube way of doing things..

mpw

will keep in mind avid..

thanks for invite.. would love to treak myself to K + K

was in BH today and now surat. Back in Mumbai late evening tomo..

rgds,
mpw

Want to check my Beta 22 Audiophile Class A power amp? Do let me know if you are keen.
Hi Hari.. I did a quick google search to know what this amp is about. I understand that it is a DIY for headphone amp? and I think I am wrong here. Can you please point me to right link for the amp?
Thanks!

Hi Hari.. I did a quick google search to know what this amp is about. I understand that it is a DIY for headphone amp? and I think I am wrong here. Can you please point me to right link for the amp?
Thanks!

This amp can be connected with speakers with an higher ampere rating of transformer and putting all the MOSFETS in an external heat sink for more heat sinking property. It can be used as either a unbalanced 18w+18W or a balanced 50W + 50W power output. If you wish you can have an audition of them at my home.

Cheers,

This amp can be connected with speakers with an higher ampere rating of transformer and putting all the MOSFETS in an external heat sink for more heat sinking property. It can be used as either a unbalanced 18w+18W or a balanced 50W + 50W power output. If you wish you can have an audition of them at my home.

Cheers,
That sounds great! 50W + 50W Class A Output is alot! Out of curiosity what would be the price of this amplifier?
Yes, I would love to come some time :) Currently a bit tied up but will contact you via PM to get your co-ordinates and convenient times for you.

avid,

i am hopng to be in DEL next week.. i will try and audition..if i can find some time

but its "just" the SQ that makes the audio world go around.. doesnt it ??

will hear the jolidas too and use this chance to get exposed to more the tube way of doing things..

mpw

When exactly are you in Del? I'd be there next week (26th onward)...I can join you in your auditions...

looking to be from 24th to 25th evening.. possibly 26th..

will PM you later if things work out..

mpw

heard the Jolida 1501 with the anthony Gallo strada speakers in Mumbai. The Jolidas have a nice form factor.

Nice setup.. an open and unboxy sound.. The stradas do 80Hz at the bottom. The sub was a B&W 8 incher..

Its nice to hear an open sound ... feels very live..and quite a contrast to the normal speakers we hear..

regards,
mpw

if you are going that route you need to look at a very different amp speaker combo.

i hope to audition couple of more amps this week atleast.. i am not ready financially to change my setup to a different sound completely..

Am looking to being the amp search to a close reasonably soon so i cam start enjoying my music again prem..

But.. for education sake.. please mention suitable amps and speakers with "non boxy sound " so i can audition and try to see if a taste develops for it..

regards,
mpw

Back