HFV PUNE CHAPTER U ROCK !! Thank you for everything

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Thanks a lot, thanks a million Pune HFV meet was a a rocking event!

Our HFV friends from Pune You set up a benchmark of hospitality and entertaining, enlightening and enjoyable event. There is some event which stay in your mind for long and yesterdays Pune meet was one of it. Pune really rocks! The memories lingures and yesterday was such a stimulating day ( Including Vickys Laphroaig single malt ;) that we NAVI MUMBAI HFV Chapter are short of words . ( In Meet Navi Mumbai chapter was represented by myself, santy and denom.)

Sorry that I am not able to recollect some names and HFV aliases but sure sonospeare will do that.

Super special thank to Vicky for being such a gracious ,kind and accommodating host. It was arrangements beyond our expectation. Thank you to your family too for tolerating a loud event !;)

Sonospere kudos to your arrangement, patience and those exam papers! In such an events where all are equal , bringing some discipline and methodology to assess was very difficult ,but you achieve that!

Thank you AV excellence ( sorry guys need your names again) , fabulous gear ,which we see in mags! Wish you all a lot of happy satisfied customers!!

On a personnel note thank everyone for making a self discovery! To make me realize that My Edirol powered speakers are really sounding good! Frankly they were just lying with me for 4-5 months and I might have sold them! With the encouragement I am preparing a detailed write-up , to tell about this hidden gem! It will save my need of Small Speakers, Amp and DAC!

The treatment was great so I feel that we need a separate thread!

:yahoo::yahoo::cheers::cheers:

Nice Short Trailer Hemant!!!:) Look forward to see full feature written by Sonosphere.

Regards

It was a great day for me and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I am really envious about Viki's friends staying close-by. Nice a gentleman and a great host. Cannot forget the awesome, unanticipated post-audition party. :licklips:

Thanks to Sono for organising the event smoothly. Thanks to all members for bringing them their gear. It was nice mingling with them, we never felt we are strangers to each other. Yes I have been to many group meets of different interests but this one certainly has high decibels. :D

Thanks to Denom for his ride, he is too much of a gentleman and a great driver too. Hanging around with Hemant was great as usual.

Coming to the auditions, very few disappointments but lot of shocks and surprises. Big money need not give big value and cheap ones are not necessarily small in sound. The meet proved it. It was more of a speaker demo since the same pre-power amp was used for 80% of the time. More on that by Sono/ others. Something not on the cards was the DAC shootout about 4-5 DACs were demoed (not critically reviewed by everyone since by that time, many members dropped the formats and lined up at the mini-bar) :D

Over to Sono, he is going to have a tough time consolidating the ranking charts and give detailed feedback on each demo. Thanks to him in advance.

Now eagerly awaiting for the snow-ball to start rolling for the HFV's Grand MMR Meet.

it was a great event for sure.Thanks for coming all the way from Mumbai.

The onus is now on Mumbai fellows to organize one in Mumbai, preferably Navi Mumbai.

Thanks Hemant for getting the ball rolling on the Thank You's :) I whole heartedly agree that yesterday's meet was a rocking success & one which will be remembered for long :clapping: :yahoo:

Special Shout out & Kudos to the following(Since Hemant forgot some of your names in the above post :p)

1) Viki - YOU THE MAN!!! Cannot thank you enough for all that you did, you really are a ROCK STAR!!! :clapping: God Bless you :clapping:

2) Sonosphere - Sir, without you being the great MC, we could not have made this event a great success, you truly deserve a pat on the back & salute:clapping: We look forward to you continuing doing so for the future events & eagerly look forward to the results of your hard work post compilation/evaluation of the 'Test Papers':eek:hyeah: :lol:
THANK YOU! for the V601's & Modded Xonar ST Experience too:)

3) Mubeen - Boy wonder! Thank you for allowing us to experience, feel & enjoy the Music separately through the mind blowing & deadly Electrocompaniet Pre/Power Amps & the Adam A7's:licklips: We look forward to hearing these more often :D Thanks for the introduction to the music of yours as well. Wish you get the missing link (speakers) ASAP!!
Big Thumbs up for Electrocompaniet & Adam A7's:)
Eid mubarak to you & your Family!!!

4) Ruenegma - Thanks buddy for getting the Titan Monitors, AE2's, HRT Streamer & Tubemagic Dac's. Truly enjoyed interacting with you on the common interests we share. Look forward to catching up with you.

5) Flash & Dwayne - 2 cool guys to hang with :p Thanks for bringing the Spanking New B&W 685's. You guys rock!!! We shall definitely be in touch:)

6) Sridhar - Thank you sir for being patient with us & for sharing & introducing us with some very fine music. Your passion for our hobby is amazing! :clapping: Keep going at it :yahoo:

7) Miroflex - A very nice surprise you turned out to be :) Wish we could interact more but the schedule was very tight. Your zest for our hobby yet again is very inspiring. Thank you Sir for joining us & being part of this meet :clapping:

8) Askii - Cool dude, we enjoyed a lot but did not let you concentrate :p I think one of the few of us who was really seriously writing long answers in the 'Exam Papers' :clapping: For all you know, You may ace it:lol:

9) Sups - Thanks for the Introduction to the Usher S520's / Topping Combo. You are a fine gentleman, sad that you left quite early:p

10) Brajendu - Good luck & wish you lots of audio happiness, sorry for not interacting a lot with you as you were also quite seriously evaluating the Set-ups :clapping:

Last but not the least :lol:

11) Sachin - Late entry to the 'Party' but we made up for lost time:eek:hyeah:
Glad to meet you in person & catch up on lost time. We will also be in touch ;)

SPECIAL THANKS TOO:

Amit & gang from Av Xellence - Such a nice surprise you guys got for us. Thanks for being soooo very patient with us & allowing us to not only play with the high end gear you set up for us but also to eat up your brains with all of our queries(mainly me :p) - Pat on the back for your dedication & approach. Truly a standout & 1 of the very few Good Guys amongst the dealers we have in India.:clapping:

So there all of you have it, complete break down of thank you's to the Puneite's we met:clapping:

Now Mumbai Meet seriously needs to be done on warfooting & I expect & request us mumbaikars to pitch in & co-ordinate a Mumbai HFV at the earliest for which we without a doubt will call all you from pune to join us.

CHEERS ( Strictly in the truest sense:D)

Oh,I missed it.I was knowing Santy was keen to attend Pune meet & today I could know the gr8 success from Denom.I hope similar can be arranged in Mumbai too.
Nice team work by Pune friends.:clapping:

Hemant, Santy, Denom . The very fact that you guys came down with your gear all the way from New Bombay says a lot.

@Hemant - I hope you did not land up in too much trouble with your wife. U were terrfic company with a great sense of Humor. and after the Mini bar was open, the humor and zest just got better.

@Santy - We hardly interacted but you went out of the way to get in your floostanders etc from a good 100 kms away . Its says a lot dude. Kudos to you

@Denom - I really appreciate the fact that you did not give us your first name in the beginning. its one hell of a tongue twister. Dave was way easier to remember :D. It was a fantastic experience meeting you, it felt like we had known each other since years. it was an instant connection.
Infact that goes for the other Bombayites as well
Denom thats for the advice on the floorstanders

Guys you'll need to plan and make the Mumbai/Navi Mumbai meet a reality and count me in. I am sure the other Punekars will also join in

Hi Mumbai Gang
dsc04482gw.jpg

L to R > Denom, Hemantwaghe, Santy (Apun ka bhai from Mumbai)

Here's my heartfelt thanks to you for joining us and adding fun to the event. We met for first time and from word go the vibes were as if we've known each other for ages. Comparing to my "Profession related corporate-meets" this is nothing short of amazing.

dsc04478i.jpg

L to R > Askii, Sridhar, Hemantwaghe

I was moved to see the pains (and risk) Santy took to pack his Energy RC-30 floorstanders and get it all the way to Pune. Eventually his speakers formed the back-bone of DAC demos and convinced us of another marvelous FS option to consider while upgrading.

img2723c.jpg

Again thanks a lot guys for coming and making this a memorable event!!!

Regds,
Sonosphere

Firstly a million thanks to Viki & his family for hosting the meet & putting up with our ruckus. And a heartfelt thanks to his neighbours for silently tolerating our auditions.

It was great for u guys to drop in from Mumbai. And many thanks to Sonosphere for being master of ceremonies & now for the onerous task of compiling the "exam:eek:hyeah:" data.

Dave, Hemant & Santy,

Thanks a ton guys, for coming all the way, and for bringing all your gear! I think having you guys there was a BIG plus for all of us, and lifted the event.

When we met, after the first few minutes, it did seem like we've known each other for ages. Really enjoyed Dave's straight shooter approach, Hemants jokes and Santy's enthusiasm (and the pizza discount!).

We look fwd to having you guys here next time too, and perhaps in the Mumbai HFV meet.

Viki

And the pizza tasted much better as were were eating in a jolly group & chatting back & forth!!

@Denom - I really appreciate the fact that you did not give us your first name in the beginning. its one hell of a tongue twister. Dave was way easier to remember :D.

:lol::lol::lol:
Same with me(we),prefer to call him Denom.:)

Thanks a ton to all you guys who made this wonderfully entertaining meet possible. It was an awesome day spent with bunch of great guys and fine audio gears. It was indeed great fun and i had a wonderful time.

Seriously, how else would have i known how badly i need a pair of good speakers for my Electrocompaniet combo :p ;)

My heartfelt thanks to each one of you who made this event possible.

Special thanks to Viki to being such a generous and impeccable host. A great person altogether with a cool audio rig.

And Sonosphere for organizing and leading the event so well. You are an inspiration, an audiophile in true sense. Really appreciate the effort you have put into this.

Really glad to have met you all through this forum. A bunch of cool guys you are. Brotherhood of audiophiles :cheers:

Keep rocking. See you all around. :thumbsup:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back