Hi all

Status
Not open for further replies.

poornima

Iam Poornima, from Hyderabad. After accidentally discovering this forum realized i knew very little (insignificant i should say) about the available choices of setups and brands of music systems!
Have been roaming around showrooms for demos and later reading various threads made me even more confused :sad:
Hoping to get more Gyan from all of you experts and setup a good music system soon :)

Welcome to the Forum, Poornima. Have a nice time :).

How about sharing Audition Experiences ?

Best of Luck :).

Last edited:
This thread is completely crazy. It was started by Ms. Poornima at midnight and ended close to 0800 hours in the morning with Anm answering at 0335!! Do you people sleep at all?:)

Cheers

welcome and hv a great time here.good to see that the pursuit of sonic nirvana is not gender bound :).cheers

Venkat, with office and family duties, late night is the only time you can get 100% for yourself.

Last night I tried usb->optical converter -> lyrita dac+pre and it was sounding quite fine. I think this combo will do well for my headphone rig. So postponing my purchase of a DAC for bedside use. Maybe I will get another lyrita dac+pre.

This thread is completely crazy. It was started by Ms. Poornima at midnight and ended close to 0800 hours in the morning with Anm answering at 0335!! Do you people sleep at all?:)

Cheers

My experiences so far:
I am tired of seeing the demos in the showrooms with movie sequences with fights in closed rooms and no real good audio demos inspite of telling them i want a setup more for audio in a open room. Only in reliance dizital i got to hear some music demo, heard yamaha, denon, onkyo 307- others i dont remember the models but all are 5.1 channel compact speaker systems with avrs. onkyo sounded good even when the demo room is open (i looking at a open setup) when compared to others which sounded good only with a total closed room.
But when i went to Onkyo showroom to check the 508 and tried 307 once again strangely its didnt sound the same, it wasnt at all good. came back thinking the demo room is not acoustic enough or they had bad quality audio CD :(
I have been Bose demo of aquostic mass and 50-60k range models sometime back, they sounded great with their demo cd of video and audio, but trust me take your own ipod or cd and play your music, they sound like any other ordinary systems.
Went to Yamaha direct dealer to check their sound bars which have awesome reviews every where but this was my worst demo experience, the dealer had a very bad setup and they were made to sound like crap...

Any body from the forum residing in Hyderabad and have a stereo system / audio oriented setup?? I would like to come over and hear!!

Hi Poornima
Firstly welcome to HFV hope u have a great time & a fruitful association.

Secondly, I hope u realise how precious u are in HFV.

A Woman Audiophile!!!

I feel as if I've stumbled upon the elusive yeti.
No flames please, just a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Rgds

Rajesh

HI
FULL MOON

IN BENGALI POORNIMA MEANS FULL MOON,:cool:

YOUR COOL LIGHT SPREAD OVER OUR HI FI VISION :clapping:

YOU NAME CAME TO DREAM THINKING IN SO MANY POET, IN BENGALI SO MANY SONGS ALSO WRITTEN ,
ALSO POORNIMA CAME IN ROMANTIC STORY:)

WELL COME POORNIMA:clapping::clapping::clapping:

yes by all means iam a lady :)

My experiences so far:
I am tired of seeing the demos in the showrooms with movie sequences with fights in closed rooms and no real good audio demos inspite of telling them i want a setup more for audio in a open room. Only in reliance dizital i got to hear some music demo, heard yamaha, denon, onkyo 307- others i dont remember the models but all are 5.1 channel compact speaker systems with avrs. onkyo sounded good even when the demo room is open (i looking at a open setup) when compared to others which sounded good only with a total closed room.
But when i went to Onkyo showroom to check the 508 and tried 307 once again strangely its didnt sound the same, it wasnt at all good. came back thinking the demo room is not acoustic enough or they had bad quality audio CD :(
I have been Bose demo of aquostic mass and 50-60k range models sometime back, they sounded great with their demo cd of video and audio, but trust me take your own ipod or cd and play your music, they sound like any other ordinary systems.
Went to Yamaha direct dealer to check their sound bars which have awesome reviews every where but this was my worst demo experience, the dealer had a very bad setup and they were made to sound like crap...

Any body from the forum residing in Hyderabad and have a stereo system / audio oriented setup?? I would like to come over and hear!!

Hi,

Welcome onboard and happy HFVing.

Well! I'm not surprised about your experience. In fact, I went through something similar.

What you need to do, is tell the demo engineer clearly that your preference is stereo music - does not matter if they using an AVR. Tell them clearly that you'd prefer to have the sub, center and surrounds turned off and then play the CDs you've taken along - I presume you did.

Unless you do so, they blast your ears with some loaded action scenes from a demo Bluray disk, and leave with an ear fatigue, rendering them unsuitable for any music hearing immediately thereafter.

As a first step decide if you need an AVR or just a good AMP and then start the hunt.

Good luck.

Pannags

Welcome to HFV; have a blasting time around.

Its indeed strange becoz only a couple of days before I was thinking about this... When there are reasons why there are hardly any girls on Xbhp, another forum I am a member of, why there is a general lack of interest in women in audio.. Why not even one in 100 enjoy audio quality (not music). I am already proved wrong!

Btw, I am sure this intro thread will be the most 'welcomed' hihi.

Cheers

I think it has something to do with the fact that we finally have a lady on this forum ... A first!! ;)

Welcome Poornima, hope you have a great time learning about Audio gear.

Cheers

Hi Poornima
Firstly welcome to HFV hope u have a great time & a fruitful association.

Secondly, I hope u realise how precious u are in HFV.

A Woman Audiophile!!!

I feel as if I've stumbled upon the elusive yeti.
No flames please, just a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Rgds

Rajesh

There is a whole thread dedicated to "FEM audiophiles", if at all they exist ...
@ Poornima, YOU are the first one to throw such pointed queries, at least the first one we have across here ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back