Hi everyone!

prashanth14485

Hi all,

My name is Prashanth and I'm completely new to the whole concept/community of audiophiles and stuff. Just to give you all a background, I've always been a music fan and like any other typical Indian, music and movies to me was just Sony, Philips, etc and never knew about things beyond it. A couple of years ago, I purchased my first (low budget) HT system and the combination is as under:

AV Receiver: Sherwood RD 6513
Speaker Package 5.1 - Jamo S406 series
DVD Player - Pioneer

I recently auditioned stereo sound at a nearby dealer and it was then that I realized the true way music is supposed to be listened to. I auditioned Wahferdale 9.2 and Quad 11L both of which were clubbed to an Audiolab amp and marantz cd player.

The same CD sounded so unlively and unrealistic when I brought it back and played it on my system. So I need some help with getting better out of what I have with me.

So is it my CD player or AV recveiver or speaker or all of them at fault?? What should I do/change/buy to get better music quality if my budget for refurbishment is around Rs 30K.

This is my first ever thread and am looking forward to a lot of help from all the experts in here..

Thanks a lot and hi to one and all again!

Regards,

Prashanth

Welcome to the Forum, Prashanth. Have a nice time :).

If there is no problem with addition of another system (stereo) to your room, I would suggest a cdp, amp and speakers for pure music purpose (stereo only). 5.1 system doesn't do justice to music. 30k is a decent budget to start with. Our Friends will soon chip in with good suggestions. All the Best :).

Thanks a lot both of you. Very nice people!! Will look forward to suggestions from other fellow members as well.. Have a good one guys!

My name is Prashanth and I'm completely new to the whole concept/community of audiophiles and stuff.

Welcome, have a great time.

Sherwood RD 6513

This receiver isn't going to help you for a stereo setup at all, even a Sherwood integrated is not worth it, IMO; the brand as a whole need a lot of homework to do!

Having said that, your speakers and CDp are good, just audition some budget integrated amps from CA, Marantz, NAD, with your speakers, and you're good to go.

:)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back