Hi Fi setup in Movies

Though not in movies but Murakami books have a lot of reference to music (generally classical) and TTs with an elaborate description. In fact during each book of his, I end up searching for the song on apple music.
He used to run a Jazz bar before he started writing.

Though not in movies but Murakami books have a lot of reference to music (generally classical) and TTs with an elaborate description. In fact during each book of his, I end up searching for the song on apple music.
I have only read men without women and really liked it and not sure if any of the stories had a mention of Hifi in that..would you remember ?

I have only read men without women and really liked it and not sure if any of the stories had a mention of Hifi in that..would you remember ?
One of the stories ( I think Kino) has the reference to the protagonist bringing his Vinyl setup and JBL speakers to the Jazz bar he sets up ( at his aunt's place). Also Jazz music is the common thread between him and the lady visitor :)

Hi all,
Have always been fascinated with audio gear in popular media ever since I caught an Ohm Walsh in the house of an American policeman.

Tonight, I caught this below speaker. Seems like a front ported three-way. Movie's from 2006 or thereabouts (The Matador)

The rack is also pretty tastily done.
Would anyone have an idea which speakers these are?

Also, funnily, I am yet to see a film/series, where there is enough space in their frame to show a pair of speakers. :)

(The above mentioned Ohm Walsh mostly appeared in the singular in that series - Bosch on Amazon, Detective Bosch being a jazz lover. I had to rewatch the entire series again to post on Quora that indeed the production designers put a pair in the set. :D)

Anyway, just thought I'd start a thread where we can all share our favourite gear from popular media.

Let's see if it works.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20231124_010919043.jpg
    IMG_20231124_010919043.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 19
Our lives are like a complex musical score. Filled with all sorts of cryptic writing, sixteenth and thirty-second notes and other strange signs. It’s next to impossible to correctly interpret these, and even if you could, and could then transpose them into the correct sounds, there’s no guarantee that people would correctly understand, or appreciate, the meaning therein. — Murakami (Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage)
When the Haydn concerto was over Hoshino asked him to play the Rubinstein-Heifetz-Feuermann version of the Archduke Trio again. While listening to this, he again was lost in thought. Damn it, I don’t care what happens, he finally decided. I’m going to follow Mr. Nakata as long as I live..

Beethoven’s trio for piano, violin and cello no. 7 in B-flat minor, Op. 97 “Archduke Trio” in Kafka on the Shore
Liszt’s Années de pèlerinage S.160-S.163 in Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
Tchaikovsky’s serenade for strings in C minor, Op. 48 in The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

Some times you find references to something like so and so took a vinyl and played it on his Tannoys, etc. But difficult to remember- nonetheless fun to read- also makes you want to listen to the music he mentions.

Following the Japanese release of 1Q84, Leoš Janáček's "Sinfonietta"— which plays a prominent role in the narrative — sold as many copies in one week as it had sold over the previous 20 years.

For more: https://theweek.com/articles/444246/literary-playlist-guide-music-haruki-murakami

Hijack S1, E5 at 14 minutes….serious Hifi kit with Big JBLs, TT and other impressive looking gear
Streaming on Apple TV

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back