Hi Fi setup in Movies

arj

Staff member
Many of us might have been guilty of freezing a scene in a movie, at the frustration of the family , to deeply observe a Hifi setup. thought it would be a great idea to start a thread where we could compile the same !

please try to write the movie/series and the episode with a screenshot if possible

Bosch is an everpresent favourite. with a love for Vinyl and a dog called coltrane am sure the storywriter is an audiophile..the missing speaker cables are a mystery thought

McIntosh MX110 pre-amp/tuner, Marantz 6300 turntable, McIntosh MC-240 power amplifier, Ohm Walsh loudspeakers

1698556205398.png

Last edited:
The Departed had an All Mcintosh setup. unable to find a screenshot

Apparently setup by the Macintosh team !

MX119 Home Theater Preamp, MVP861 DVD Player, MA6500 Integrated Amp, C2200 Tube Preamp, MR85 Tuner, MHT200 Home Theater Receiver, MC207 Multi Channel Amp, MCD1000 CD Transport and five XLS320 Bookshelf speakers

Bosch is an everpresent favourite. with a love for Vinyl and a dog called coltrane am sure the storywriter is an audiophile..the missing speaker cables are a mystery thought

McIntosh MX110 pre-amp/tuner, Marantz 6300 turntable, McIntosh MC-240 power amplifier, Ohm Walsh loudspeakers

View attachment 81083
You are a true audiophile, being a lonely sailor I didnt notice the speakers and the hifi till you mentioned :p

Was watching "Monarch" on Apple TV and saw an interesting discussion in Vinyl. The problem here is that she says the TT is the only way to Listen to Vinyl. ..Of course its the only way, although I think they wanted to say Music .

Havent figured out the TT...my initial guess is a Mcintosh receiver with a Dual TT..

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-23 at 07.47.12 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-11-23 at 07.47.12 (1).jpeg

Was watching "Monarch" on Apple TV and saw an interesting discussion in Vinyl. The problem here is that she says the TT is the only way to Listen to Vinyl. ..Of course its the only way, although I think they wanted to say Music .

Havent figured out the TT...my initial guess is a Mcintosh receiver with a Dual TT..
Is the show worth watching? It's based on the same Godzilla Kong monarch right? Was wondering if I should invest time watching it.

Many of us might have been guilty of freezing a scene in a movie, at the frustration of the family , to deeply observe a Hifi setup. thought it would be a great idea to start a thread where we could compile the same !

please try to write the movie/series and the episode with a screenshot if possible
Though not in movies but Murakami books have a lot of reference to music (generally classical) and TTs with an elaborate description. In fact during each book of his, I end up searching for the song on apple music.

Is the show worth watching? It's based on the same Godzilla Kong monarch right? Was wondering if I should invest time watching it.
Its a different take on that, a little bit like Heroes with different timelines and stories criss crossing. Thought its yet another monster movie but from the episodes I saw more cerebral...but its early days.

Funny thing, I had frozen the screen and was peering at the TT and my wife was bemused I was looking at the TT...she may have been more relieved if i was looking at the girl 😆

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back