Hi from kanthimn

kanthimn

Hi

I have been trying to decide on a receiver/ amp and speakers for my study. I have been overwhelmed by all he info in different journals like what Hifi and AV Max. In fairness, they have helped me make a beginning.

My requirement is mainly listening to Jazz, Pop and Roc. Not too loud but clear and pure. I think 2 speakers and a stereo amp would meet my requirement. I have a max budget of Rs 1 lac.

Will appreciate ideas with thanks

kanthimn

Hello kanthimn,
Welcome to this forum. In your post you haven't mention your study size. Hence I assume it is of medium size like 15'X11'. I am not an audiophile. But I am also searching for an integrated amplifier for my Dynaudio Audience 52. I also have Monitor audio Silver RS1 bookshelf which I play with Marantz AV receiver. After a few audition I found the following combos are quite good:

Best combo : Dynaudio Audience 52 bookshelf Rs.55k (approx. if available)
NAD 372 Rs.60k.

Sweet combo: Epos M12.2 (or latest M12i) bookshelf Rs.45k.
NAD 325 BEE Rs.24k.

Exciting combo: Monitor Audio RS1 bookshelf Rs.42k.(Slightly bright sounding but excellent in terms of built, look, clearity & presentation.)
Marantz PM 7001 Rs.27.5k.

Another excellent combo: JM lab Focal Chorus 816 tower Rs.78k (approx.)
Denon PMA 1500 AE 60k. (Excellent bass, power & drive).

If you find time try to audition yourself & please let me know your experience.
If you find anything new please write me so that I can also listen.

Wish you good luck.

Regards,
Partho.

Hi Kanthimn,

Partho has put down some decent combos. I suggest you look into a integrated amplifiers rather than a stereo as they tend to drive the music setups better.

For your listening choices, I would look into floorstanders if you can manage them or nice bookshelves.

Options in addition to Partho's list are:

Focal
Martin Logan
Triangle
Usher
PSB
Paradigm

For integrateds, I would have you look at

NuForce
Arcam (see if you can get the Diva series as they are not built anymore and so the models may be purchased at discounts)
Roksan Kandy
NAD (the news ones)
Marantz

If you can stretch your budget slightly you may also look at Rega and Naim.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back