hi, new here, want help

gudu

hi, new here, want help

Friends,

I had one philips micro system which does not play the newer types of cds that is the mp3.

So I had to go for a music system.

Dealer suggested I better go for bluray dvd system with home theater. I ask it play music, he told yes and I bought it.

its Sony bluray home theater with 3D.

Now problem is, it not suitable for listening to music all seven speakers will be blaring sound like anything.

I want a deck.

I did my research and I found sony deck which costs 24k, but not impressed with it.

my budget is 30k and not more than that.

Even if I go for a assembled one, how to go about it?

Will such experiments have warranty?

Please do guide. :)

Now problem is, it not suitable for listening to music all seven speakers will be blaring sound like anything.

I want a deck.

I did my research and I found sony deck which costs 24k, but not impressed with it.

Not sure what you mean by deck. For 30K you can get a good boookshelf speakers, amp and connect with your sony HTIB. But, your question itself is not so clear to me :p

Not sure what you mean by deck. For 30K you can get a good boookshelf speakers, amp and connect with your sony HTIB. But, your question itself is not so clear to me :p

Friend, I want to buy one music system. I already have home theater system.

Music system better than this one. Sony MHC-GZR888DA which cost 24K.

hi, new here, want help

Friends,

I had one philips micro system which does not play the newer types of cds that is the mp3.

Dealer suggested I better go for bluray dvd system with home theater. I ask it play music, he told yes and I bought it.

I want a deck.

My pointers-

Forget mp3.
Use your blurry player as source.
Get an integrated amplifier and a pair of matched speakers within your budget.
Buy a DAC at a later stage.

If you want to use your present home theater system for stereo then you can setup the system to play the sound only as 'stereo' from the front two speakers. You don't have to blast all the speakers. Read your home theater receiver's owners manual for detailed instructions.

hi, new here, want help

Friends,

I want a deck.

Hi Gudu,

If the problem is only 7 speakers blaring, then choose stereo on HT and only the front Left and Right will work. The more important thing to consider is whether you like the sound. Try the music mode in the HT and then decide if you want a separate system for music.
While a deck is a convenient option, you can also flirt with the idea of building a rack with individual components, such as CD player, Pre amp, Amp and the speakers.
The first thing to consider is the sound you like, and then the source and finally the amplification.

I don't understand the problem...

What do you mean by

I want a deck.

whats not suitable for listening to music?
Which 7 speakers? where?
What do you mean "blaring sound?"

by deck do you mean a cassette deck?

use your present system in direct/stereo mode...
i am afraid you will be satisfied..sorry..this sony 7.1 blu ray ht system is not suitable for good music listning...if possible change it..

I would go for a assembled one, player, amp, speakers.

This much information if I get, would be very grateful.

One friend suggested onkyo CS-V 645, though its loaded with features, I am not using a ipod or iphone.. So not much use for me, so many features.

JUst one good player, amp and speakers.

Configuration if told, will get it done here at Bangalore.

Depending on what gives you " listening pleasure" and if you do not want complications, why dont you go check out a compact "Music systems" from Sony/ Phillips etc ? These systems play DVDs and CDs as also MP3 ( check before you buy!) and can be had from as little as 6K onwards.Try Croma or Reliance Digital etc etc and not individual dealers who have a limited choice of brands or players.
As others have suggested, you can either use your existing " Blu-ray system" as a stereo or buy a fairly decent system from the amount you have budgeted consisting of seperate equipment like a "deck" / Amplifier and Speakers...

Dear friends,

The bluray player + home theater I will use only for movies. So that one is ruled out for listening music.

Have a room of 10 ft by 10 ft. Which is pretty much empty other than the philips micro system I mentioned.

Am not a techno person. I do not understand all this. What I could get is,

1. I have to buy a cd player. IF so which one [which can also play mp3 and play USB stick]
2. I have to buy one amplifier for the cd player [which one, please specify name of amplifier
3. Next is Speakers [which company which size, I dont think I get wharfdale speakers here in bangalore/mysore]
4. A digital to analogue converter [dont know its use, but someone above suggested that can be bought too]

Please suggest name with model number of the above.

I never knew all this before, have come to know only with the information provided here.

Thanks in advance, hope I am not bothering you too much :)

Dear friends,

The bluray player + home theater I will use only for movies. So that one is ruled out for listening music.

Have a room of 10 ft by 10 ft. Which is pretty much empty other than the philips micro system I mentioned.

Am not a techno person. I do not understand all this. What I could get is,

1. I have to buy a cd player. IF so which one [which can also play mp3 and play USB stick]
2. I have to buy one amplifier for the cd player [which one, please specify name of amplifier
3. Next is Speakers [which company which size, I dont think I get wharfdale speakers here in bangalore/mysore]
4. A digital to analogue converter [dont know its use, but someone above suggested that can be bought too]

Please suggest name with model number of the above.

I never knew all this before, have come to know only with the information provided here.

Thanks in advance, hope I am not bothering you too much :)

For 30K , for stereo setup , you can consider Indian brands.
AMP - Norge/DNM/Sonodyne
Speaker - Any used ones or Sonodyne/ Boston Acoustics/Q Acoustics/Norge
Source - A DVD Player with USB. Pioneer /Onkyo (7K one is available from onkyo. Or you can opt for one of the mass market after listeneing to few.
Among the AMPs mentioned DNM has USB input models.

I use Norge AMP/ Norge Millenium bookshelf and an old AKAI CDP and an LG DVD player dv-388

All these are easily available in Bangalore / online stores like hifimart .

Gudu,

What is suggested in the above post is a good recommendation.

By deck, I think you mean the systems we used to get with boxes stacked vertically having cd player, cassette player, equalizer, amplifier, radio etc

Now your priority is good music. You need 3 components in your system.

1. Source: In your case, something than can play Audio CDs as well as MP3 CDs. The most economical option would be to go for a common DVD player from Pioneer, Sony, Philips, LG etc. for around 3000Rs. ( for eg. lg dv 388, pioneer dv220 etc)

2. Amplifier: A good 2 channel/ stereo integrated amplifier.

You could look at options like Norge 2060 or Sonodyne sa310 or Topping tp20.

Norge - Techno-Guru - Online Electronics Store

Sonodyne SiA 310 Stereo Amplifier

High Power Topping TP20 MARK2 TA2020 Class T 14V Digital Stereo Mini Amplifier | eBay

3. Speakers

This is the most crucial part of your system. You should budget close to 10-15 k of your budget for this.
There are big floorstanding speakers as well as smaller bookshelf ones. Bookshelf speakers would be better for the budget in mind.

eg.
Cambridge audio S30
Norge Millenium mk2
Sonodyne Sonus 1501 ( Sonodyne Sonus 1501 V3 Bookshelf Loudspeaker )
Wharfedale 10.1

Now you need speaker wires and interconnect cables to connect these. You can buy MX brand from MX dealer on S.P Road, Bangalore. Alternatively for speaker wire you can use finolex 2 sq mm cable.
You can also buy online from Hifimart, Techno guru. etc

There are some shops in bangalore like Vector audio, Audio People, Audio dynamics, ARN etc where you can listen to such systems.

Gudu,

+1 to iaudio. Very good recommendations to start with.

Just one suggestion from my side - if you are investing in a bookshelf speaker, then it makes sense to buy speaker stands to place the bookshelves on. You can place the speakers on a cupboard/table etc; however, a dedicated speaker stand will bring the bookshelf tweeter to ear level and also provide stability to the speakers thus improving sound quality.

Best Regards.

Gudu,

+1 to iaudio. Very good recommendations to start with.

Just one suggestion from my side - if you are investing in a bookshelf speaker, then it makes sense to buy speaker stands to place the bookshelves on. You can place the speakers on a cupboard/table etc; however, a dedicated speaker stand will bring the bookshelf tweeter to ear level and also provide stability to the speakers thus improving sound quality.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Thanks Mr APK

Now finalized,

Norge 1515 Stereo Amplifer
SONODYNE SONUS 1501 V3 BOOKSHELF LOUDSPEAKER
Stand I already have, old one.
Will buy a LG CD player :signthankspin:

Hi,

Thanks Mr APK

Now finalized,

Norge 1515 Stereo Amplifer
SONODYNE SONUS 1501 V3 BOOKSHELF LOUDSPEAKER
Stand I already have, old one.
Will buy a LG CD player :signthankspin:

Congratulations Gudu!

The Norge and the Sonodyne Bookshelf should be a good combination.

One suggestion though.......if possible try and buy a CD player instead of a DVD player. Even an entry level CD player will sound far better than a DVD player. You can buy used if your budget is limited.

Best Regards.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back