Hi with pics !

Hi vinay,
Why do you think the screen should be lower i think its fine in the middle of the wall.

My situation as of such is now that i'm in canada and my dad is using this in india.

Once i do go back home i plan on setting up the speakers away from the walls the woofer under my screen with the front stage. Get all the wiring, power outlets organized especially the one hanging out on top the equipment and on the projector. Some firmware upgrades and recalibrating the equipment with a meter.

The room has 0% light from the door and i have acoustic ceiling tiles made for ht purposes. The room was done by the local a/v shop guy he put something like wool some thick cloth all around so im guessing it helps to tame the room down.

Btw checked out your ht good job! i like the screen, the elegant stands, blue halo light in the roof, the lights near the steps neat idea. The speakers are monitor audio if i'm not mistaken ?

peace
satish

Last edited:
Home Theatre

Satish,

I was not getting correct effect with sub woofer, so i had to shift at various points of the room, now it is fine, i have it somewhere at middle of the room, around one feet away from side wall.

The front stage idea is a good one, even i wanted to have it, but i realized it too late.

Indeed your screen is in middle of the wall but between the ceiling and floor, the screen is not in middle, your screen nearly touches the ceiling, so i think screen should be lower by around one foot or more from the ceiling. The benefit of doing this is that, the neck will not be slightly up while watching the movie, so better comfort while watching the movie.

There will be light visibility, when you will stand near the door, with rubber sealing the light will not be visibile, but if you are having hinges at the door, than maybe 50% of the rubber sealing work is done and let us not forget it helps for the sound not to travel outside, the sealing looks very neat.

The blue halogen light, which you have liked, you will be pleased to know that the light has another 3 colours red, green, and yellow, they keep changing in every 30 seconds, or i can keep any of these colours constant, and than one can switch the same to usual white tube light colour too, these are all operational by sensor and remote control.

About foot light, it was planned at the last minute, in-fact i raised the sitting area by one foot from the floor, to get a theatre like effect with the 2 steps and let us not forget that there is some light which makes us able to move around in the dark room, to adjust the system and related.

You are right speakers are from monitor audio, your system over all is much better.

In my mini theatre i have fair share of glass wool on the walls (2" to 4" thick), plywood with varied sized holes (diameter corresponding to diameter of speaker drivers) from top to bottom for specific frequency band absorption.

2" glass wool is used for high frequencies and 4" glass wool is used for low frequencies (Sub Woofer). On Ply wood i have pasted a thin foam, the foam has been cut where there are varied sizes of holes, than covered with a red colour special fabric, which is laced with in-direct holes so that the glass wool can catch up with the sound of my system.

The fabric which i have used on all the walls is similar to the one's used on adidas and nike, expensive sports shoes. I had earlier selected a thick fabric, but I cancelled it because with thick fabric, sound penentration to glass wool will be stressfull.

I have several show pieces, which also helps on acoustics front, as the show pieces are not flat and neither are they hard by material, the show pieces have several gaps, curves, square box types, etc. Since my recliner chair is huge, that too helps on acoustics., it will help you a lot more as you have 3 chairs.

I am having two screens in my mini theatre, 72 & 82 inch screen, one is dnp, fibre based from denmark and the other is dalite from america, which is operated via projector, the screen rolls down and up based on the projector light, the dnp is a advanced one, not more than 5% of them would be having it in their indian home theatres, with dnp screen what happens is that you can have around 25% in-direct light and still can watch a movie via projector, with dalite screen, what happens is that the room has to be 100% dark, while watching the movie. While the best thing is that with the dnp screen, the theatre room looks very rich.

Regards.

Last edited:
" You are right speakers are from monitor audio, your system over all is much better. "

The reviews compared the RBH MC Tower's sound characteristics to to be a mix of none other than the monitor audio silvers and b & w.
It is a fact that although aluminum drivers have better sound throughout the frequency spectrum it takes careful engineering skills for a company to use them in the optimal configuration with proper crossover slopes.
I'm glad to know we have speakers that have best materials used with the best engineering.

Have you considered looking at some external amplification for your RS-8's. All those shiny drivers must be begging for more power. Although 91 db, they are 6 ohm speakers and i bet with all those drivers during dynamic peaks the impedance dips below 4 ohms.
Anyways in the future you should consider a power amplifier. Details will be more apparent and bass punchier.Something along the lines of this maybe:-
Emotiva Audio XPA-2 2 Channel Audio Power Amplifier
'One man's overkill is another man's headroom':cool:

" 2" glass wool is used for high frequencies and 4" glass wool is used for low frequencies (Sub Woofer) "

Is this specifically to make the room more detailed with the mid range frequencies?

" Indeed your screen is in middle of the wall but between the ceiling and floor, the screen is not in middle, your screen nearly touches the ceiling, so i think screen should be lower by around one foot or more from the ceiling. "
The first picture is not where the actual screen is its just a photo edited in Ms Paint. The actual screen is in the middle of the top and bottom ideally placed.
What are prices, models numbers for some average to decent screens in india?
Last time i had bought one locally in Hyderabad from avelec.

peace
satish

Last edited:
Satish,

Thanks for the detailed writing.

The dalite screen and dnp screen I had bought for 65,000 and 1,45,000/- rupees, and it seems that the cheapest screens and projector holders are available in Hyderabad.

Vinay.

Satish,

Thanks for the detailed writing.

The dalite screen and dnp screen I had bought for 65,000 and 1,45,000/- rupees, and it seems that the cheapest screens and projector holders are available in Hyderabad.

Vinay.

Dear Vinay...

What screen size you bought for 65K... i know its motorized.. but what size...???

Do let me know...

and DnP screens are the fix wall screens....right...???
They are in big competition with The Supernova...
Great Screens...but...still out of budget...

I bought dalite screen for 65k, size is about 82 inches wide and the length is around 5 feet.

Indeed you are right the dnp screen is fixed on the wall, dnp and super nova is one and the same company they are based in denmark, true they are very expensive, that is why not more than 5% of the people in india have that screen, actually to tell you that these screens are bought mainly by the corporates like reliance, tata's, birla's etc, for their board rooms, and for their personal home theatres, i had a one to one meeting with the supernova people in mumbai, they were just too good in helping you to decide and related.

Please let me know if you wish to know something more, as i am always keen to share the knoweldge which i have.

Vinay.

I bought dalite screen for 65k, size is about 82 inches wide and the length is around 5 feet.

Dear Vinay...

That means you got a 100" Diagonal Screen...Good Enough...
And moreover, can you please let me know, from where have you bought this screen from...???
As, the price 65K is too good price for that Video Format model...As the MRP for the same is 76K...

Anyways, you got Matte White, or a HC Matte White...???

And kindly confirm, that is the motor you got a original from USA, or an Indian Made, fixed to the same, as thats pretty common, with dalite screens, resellers, do fix Indian motors, in the same Normal CSR Matte White Screens...

Indeed you are right the dnp screen is fixed on the wall, dnp and super nova is one and the same company they are based in denmark, true they are very expensive.

Oops, again a confusion...
I have heard the name DnP before for the same, and i knew about SuperNova...
But, never knew that they both are same...

I wonder why these people change there Brand name, once they get famous...

I bought dalite screen from delhi, sound of music, I had a word over phone with the editor of hi-fi magazine, they had recommended me the name of sound of music.

As far as I know that they never changed their brand name and related from Dnp/supernova.

As usual you people at the forum, have got very good knowledge, it is great to have you'll at this forum.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back