Hi

squareelephant

Hi this is Arun from Chennai, its nice to see you all here. I love listening music. I don't have a hi grade amplifier .. Planning to buy one in the future... But guys please don't laugh, all I have is a 2x2 Watts Creative I-Trigue 200 speakers & a 30 Watts subwoofer connected to my computer which has a Creative Live! 24-Bit card....Simple huh but I love them.... :)

Hi Arun
Welcome to the forum
No way, anyone would laugh. And I feel none of the members over here as far as i know are here to show off their setup or have ever done that
The important part is that you enjoy the music, setup can be made and re-made

You can take part in the discussions already going on and start your own thread if you have a query or you need some advice

hi Arun

Welcome , everyone here starts with something similar to your equipment , then end up some where. Who knows one day you too will be a proud owner of Krell or Bryston . this Hifivision is the first step to become an audiophile. Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!

david.

Hi this is Arun from Chennai, its nice to see you all here. I love listening music. I don't have a hi grade amplifier .. Planning to buy one in the future... But guys please don't laugh, all I have is a 2x2 Watts Creative I-Trigue 200 speakers & a 30 Watts subwoofer connected to my computer which has a Creative Live! 24-Bit card....Simple huh but I love them.... :)

Welcome Arun. Enjoy ur stay here and most importantly enjoy ur music on whatever u have at the moment. This is a never ending hobby and the furthur u go the more disillusioned u get!!!!!
U will get lots of leads/advice as and when u decide to buy your amplifier.
Best regards

Hey Arun

Welcome to the forum...

You know what...
i had JBL Speakers, the one which use to come with Compaq computers, and i used to be so proud and use to announce my MUSIC System...
And really everyone would laugh, but as with the hype i even use to imagine that Bose should be my dream system...
And all that was till few years back, the time i joined the av industry...

so dont feel bad, there is always a start to something...

But u know, one bad thing about technology...
THERE IS NO END TO IT...
Even the 'N' limit in terms of cost, quality, effects, and whatever, its hard to be satisfied with your system for long...
The same way as david said, about Krell & Bryston...
wowww...!!!
is what i can say now...
but may be the day i will have enough booty to buy one of those setup something great will come, and after a couple of years i will put my eyes on that...

Anyways.. this is not only for av products .. but for life in all products n everything...
Nothing is enough till your death...hehe

Njoy...

Hi Arun,
I started my musical journey with a hand cranked Gramophone playing 78 rpm records-- you're way,way ahead in your debut, buddy !
Welcome to the forum.

Ahhhh! The good old days. hen I was in college in Delhi, I begged my brother who was going to the UK then to buy get me a 20 Watts per channel amplifier kit. He did get me one. It took me lots of running around to get a metal shop to make the box for me. The off to Chandni Chowk to get the knobs, wires, and connectors.

I then had to wait for another three months because I did not have a source. So when my brother went next time, I begged him to get me a turntable, and viola - I had a brand new Garrard with a Ortofon Concorde cartridge.

Then I harassed some friends of mine in IIT Delhi to build two monstrous 3 way speakers for me. The design was so poor in terms of finishing that the cloth that covered the speaker would flap whenever there was a little wind.

But it was this system that I proudly owned for 7 years, and made my poor mother listen to Nights in White Satin and the Wall by Pink Floyd over 500 times. At the end she knew the lyrics more than I did.

Who knew about placement and all that those days? I had one speaker over the head of my bed, and the other at its foot !!! In any case I ha a very small room and those were the only two spots available.

Welcome to HiFi Vision, SquareElephant. Believe me this place is fun.

Cheers.

Ahhhh! The good old days. hen I was in college in Delhi, I begged my brother who was going to the UK then to buy get me a 20 Watts per channel amplifier kit. He did get me one. It took me lots of running around to get a metal shop to make the box for me. The off to Chandni Chowk to get the knobs, wires, and connectors.

I then had to wait for another three months because I did not have a source. So when my brother went next time, I begged him to get me a turntable, and viola - I had a brand new Garrard with a Ortofon Concorde cartridge.

Then I harassed some friends of mine in IIT Delhi to build two monstrous 3 way speakers for me. The design was so poor in terms of finishing that the cloth that covered the speaker would flap whenever there was a little wind.

But it was this system that I proudly owned for 7 years, and made my poor mother listen to Nights in White Satin and the Wall by Pink Floyd over 500 times. At the end she knew the lyrics more than I did.

Who knew about placement and all that those days? I had one speaker over the head of my bed, and the other at its foot !!! In any case I ha a very small room and those were the only two spots available.

Welcome to HiFi Vision, SquareElephant. Believe me this place is fun.

Cheers.

HeHe HaHa
Venkat... this is really too much...

Poor Auntyji...
I can imagine her responses while you use to play music in starting for the first few times...
later she had to learn there lyrics as there bhajans...
HeHe...

My mom use to threw my system...whenever i use to do something like that...
And to the surprise not on Ground but a throw to me...But not obvious a catch but a definite hit...
I still remember those dayz...
But poor mom, even today she cribbs sometimes...but just doesnt hit me by chance...lol...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back