Hi

jka

Hi,
Hello there audiophiles.Let me introduce myself, I am from Mumbai, a bit inclined towards the dynamics of sound and its systems.

Of lately I have purchased a media player WDTV LIVE. I played a few movies through this player on my TV, and also through my AV receiver(5.1 system) expecting to fill the sound to its optimum glory, but I was rather disappointed. The sound which I experienced was less in richness as compared to when we play via regular dvd's through a conventional dvd player.

Let me be a more specific. I had a downloaded movie content which was around 5.25 GB, sound format DTS. It had a very good video quality. I pumped the volume on my AVR, it responded ok accordingly, but I missed something... the richness. I had the same movie on DVD, to be sure I played it off my DVDP, and the difference was VERY VERY clear. The audio blaring from my DVD disc via the dvd player won hands down. Has any of our friends experienced the above experience. And yes, files lesser than 1 GB are unmentionable as far as the sound quality is concerned. I fail to understand how do they maintain good video quality and disregard the sound quality.

Please share your experiences on the above.

jka

I am 2 steps behind you. I am researching on a best fit HD Payer first and then will go for a good AVR. The replies in your thread will help me save from coming into a fix which you are in right now, so I will keep monitoring this thread :)

Welcome to a whole lot of Audio Video knowledge here :)

well a 5.25 GB file with DTS track will sound better anyday than the DVD movie..

however depends on the factors..

first of all.. how are the connections made...

if its analog.. forget about DTS...

what AVR is it... and what settings is it running on...

and also i forgot.. welcome to the forum buddy.. i was lost in the problem. forgot to welcome you..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back