Hi

iamharishkm

Help needed: Jamo vs Mission

Friends... i really really need you experts' help in selecting a pair of floorstanders.. i want to decide between Jamo s718 and Mission m35i. Can you please advice me which is the best in this?

I will be using these 80% for music and 20% for movies. I really love deep tight bass and soft gentle treble.

Last edited:
Re: Help needed: Jamo vs Mission

Friends... i really really need you experts' help in selecting a pair of floorstanders.. i want to decide between Jamo s718 and Mission m35i. Can you please advice me which is the best in this?

I will be using these 80% for music and 20% for movies. I really love deep tight bass and soft gentle treble.

http://www.hifivision.com/speaker-reviews/2714-review-jamo-606-718-a.html

I hope this helps.

BTW i have not heard the s718 but i would say stay away from the 606 - its absolute garbage. Very muddy, laid back. God forbid if you try listening to Jazz, classical or country music on the 606 - you will be shocked with the lack of detail and quality.

I have the m35 but i would recommend the m34 if you have anything less than a 18x13 room. I have m35 and these baby's need lot of space to get the correct soundstaging and prevent slightly boomy bass (gets better if I space them equidistant from the wall, but for one of the speakers it is not possible the way the opening to the room has been designed in my rented rig. The m34 will suffer lesser in a smaller room.

BTW with the m35 - it is an allrounder - does nothing great, nor does falter anywhere actually. Its clear, has great midrange and sound staging, bass needs correction with some songs (i blame the room more because in a Hi-fi setup it sounded brilliant for the money I was paying). For the money you pay i.e. aroudn 22-24k they are a winner.

BTW what is your amplifier specs?

If you have NAD - go with psb image
If you have CA - go with MS 906
If you have Marantz - go with Wharfedale ..........

.........these are just suggestions - a lot depends on the room size, your taste in music, budget, amp and other hw specs

hi,

I have heard s718. i liked the sound very much but it was paired with Yamaha AVR. I have heard Jamo s405 with Denon 1908 and i liked that sound too but not as much as jamo with Yamaha. So you need to audition. with 718, you won't need a sub with the side firing 10" woofers.

I have heard mission m34i with yamaha and was very impressed. m35 is the big bro, so it should perform better but i have not heard it.

Hey Hari...one small suggestion, can you use the topic title so that its more reflective of the content inside. I saw your post thinking its a new member.

Hey Hari...one small suggestion, can you use the topic title so that its more reflective of the content inside. I saw your post thinking its a new member.

yes friend... actually i found this error immediately after posting the message... so i went to the 'edit' option and upsated the title.. but it is not getting reflected in the topis heading.. dont know why :sad:

For an entry level arv, the jamo 606 package is not really as bad as mentioned in few posts above. It is a well built decent performer and reasonably priced. It looks stunning as well.

Here are some pro and inhouse reviews for your reference.

Excerpts: ...the S 606 system can make surprisingly cheap amps and receivers spring into life in an impressive manner. And it represents stunning value for money.

Carry your receiver and take an audition. Hear it for yourself and make your decision.

Cheers.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back