HIFI System 5.1

gautambanka

Can anyone recommend the latest hifi system which can be considred for a room size of 25feets by 12 feets - area of 250 sq.feets approx. This will be a bed room.

I am looking for a 5.1 system with tower speakers as front and then the surround speakers like rear, centre & sub for the 5.1 effect. ;)

My budget is Rs 1 Lakh to cover both speakers & receivers. :cool:
Player will be extra budget. :rolleyes: 80% of my needs will be Music.

I have taken demonstration of Jamo Concert c606 , Dali Concept 6, PROFX,
and others below them, but couldn't decide which should be the better. For receiver I settled with Marantz SR 4001.

Shall appreciate your comments.:)

Last edited:
:)Can anyone recommend the latest hifi system which can be considred for a room size of 25feets by 12 feets - area of 250 sq.feets approx. This will be a bed room.

I am looking for a 5.1 system with tower speakers as front and then the surround speakers like rear, centre & sub for the 5.1 effect.

My budget is Rs 1 Lakh to cover both speakers & receivers.
Player will be extra budget. 80% of my needs will be Music. :rolleyes:

and others below them, but couldn't decide which should be the better. For receiver I settled with Marantz SR 4001. :p

Shall appreciate your comments.

Latest ??hifi? system Vs. The 5.1 sytem Vs. Marantz SR4001

Man you are one confused soul! lol

If 80% of your need out of the proposed system is around Music, why not consider a good stereo setup itself ?? 1L can get you a decent entry level hifi system.

I??m not sure about the Jamo model you mentioned, either it would be the studio series S606 or it could be the Concert series (better btw the 2). Dali Concept is a good contender and my vote goes for that; but it would be a bit expensive compared to the others. Don??t bother about ProFx speakers at all.

If it??s a HT you are after, then there are lots of choices around. You can check out-

a) MS Avant series
b) MA Bronze series
c) Diamond 9 series

- to name a few if you want to squeeze in the AVR also in the given budget. The current favorite is TX-SR605 but heard there are some new models launched recently. The Marantz SR4001 is a very good musical machine; a little shy in power may be.

Consider the Monitor Audio Bronze series. Should be just under a lakh with a sub. If not, buy the rest and add surrounds later.

Hi,
"Latest" hmmmmm. Is latest always best?
If its 80% music then a cdp+ integrated+ FS (ur room can accomodate them)
Look at other speakers from MA,Quad too apart from what u have already shortlisted.

and others below them, but couldn't decide which should be the better.
QUOTE]

Not very popular model, but I would suggest auditioning Elac 50 or 60 series also. Onkyo is the dealer in India.

regards
Ashok

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back