High costs - any options pls

@Pranab

first of all I hv already mentioned I hv purchased many many electronic stuff online which is light and not too costly, its only that still I am not confident enough to buy a floor standing speaker online. You have explained nicely still......

1. if I buy and indeed hv bought a heavy equipment from a local physical store where the price is comparable to any online store, I got the delivery on my door step within a few hours, so from this angle online purchase is hardly rewarding
2. Now stuff that I wanted to purchase from an online store is REGA RP1 where the dealer said I need to give him the road permit, thats really crazy I guess, then comes Technics 1200 where not a single online store in India have it or commit to sale it, these are isolated personal experience and really does not prove anything but you understand what I am pointing
3. I know most of the online High end AV stores are doing absolutely fine in catering customers like us but do they hv any control over courier services in India which is below par to say the least, I hv seen courier guys who can't even read an address! thats a cracker!
4. Who wants to land up into a damage repair operation while buying an high end costly equipment

don't take me as a hopeless buyer, I am full of hopes about betterment of online purchase in India, but blv me all online store are nt like yours, my senses say your store should be exceptionally good in terms of service

nice to interact with you

You are absolutely right about the courier part, the infrastructure setup, the delivery guaruntees, safety, etc arent great. For that matter, neither are they any great in the US - UPS, fedex, etc The important thing though is not to worry about all that as an end customer if the dealer has accepted to bear the responsibility to get it to your door in perfect condition. This is where the reputation of the dealer matters. As Pranab said, if its damaged, he is taking the responsibility. The other aspects you raised is something to think about more - which is if you need after sales service later for something that has gone wrong, what will you do? here you have the option of taking it to the nearest service center or arranging for it to be sent back to the dealer for service. IMO, once again, it matters how the dealer handles this aspect and this is what differentiates dealers from each other.

cheers

Just try that trick with Onkyo, Denon and such companies. Many of us have tried and have been sent back. Sony/Panasonic are mass market products and the servicing is outsourced to third parties who do not care. Even these companies will only repair a few models (mostly max 2 or 3 years old).

Dell, when I took my laptop, asked me 15,000 just to look at my laptop. They will not service your laptop unless you have an annual maintenance contract. company policies differ.

Cheers

My Onkyo avr ( us version , badly tempred) was accepted by Onkyo India for repaires. It is another things preliminary estimation was high ,so I just paid Rs 500 as servuce charge. Experience was good.

BTW anyone confirm about Apple ,HP and Toshiba in current times? Earlier these brands used to support intl. purchases.

Last year one of our members WDTV ,US purchase was REPLACED by WD ( mentioned on HFV)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back