High Grade Power outlet sockets in india?

Is it ok to use a 10amp switch on a 13 amp universal power outlet? I mean the power socket i m looking at is the universal region one that has UK/US & is rated 13 amps. The switch for the socket if its rated at 10 amps will be fine? or should i install a 16amp on/off switch?

Thanks.

Even I was looking for good outlets/receptacles.

Northwest universal ones are imported and 13A one with a good grip on US as well as UK plug tops. From what’s available here is hear seem to be the best option. I do have Norisys ones at home and they are not so good.

For the US ones - I picked up the custom modified Hubbell ones by Porter, called the porter ports. They are quite well reviewed as such and you can see his listings on Audiogon or contact directly as well.

I did place and order with Measrtro and cancelled it. Seemed like they had a few fake reviews and not many genuine ones so was skeptical.

Furutech ncf would be good if budget is not a constraint. Oyaide also has some good options.

Attachments

• C17BC356-4246-4D7D-A397-8DEE5F052C6F.jpeg
    C17BC356-4246-4D7D-A397-8DEE5F052C6F.jpeg
    658.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 45ABAFCB-C952-4344-9F89-830843DC9142.jpeg
    45ABAFCB-C952-4344-9F89-830843DC9142.jpeg
    498.4 KB · Views: 43
  • AD21A92B-FA12-49AC-802A-BC017F6D8516.jpeg
    AD21A92B-FA12-49AC-802A-BC017F6D8516.jpeg
    719.7 KB · Views: 41
I really like the supporting wood below the power cable. Great idea!

Thanks. I am impressed that you noticed!

Have tried the same with wooden pieces below the IEC plug into the components.

It's one of those where the wife goes "I better not ask why" :)

Got inspired by the Furutech NCF boosters. Not that the wood blocks do anything similar to the NCF material, but it does satisfy the OCD side of the hobby.

I use the Furutech GTX-D(R) NCF receptacles. US Style, as all my power cords are in US style from Triode Wire Labs.

Imported the receptacles from an ebay seller in Japan.

I have 2 duplex receptacles, connected to 2 dedicated 20amp circuits.

Went from standard Legrand receptacles to the Furutech.

Can strongly vouch for the performance improvement. Everything opens up - the stage becomes wider and deeper, instruments have a better sense of space, and in general everything feels more "real"
Having heard night and day difference that DIY power chords made in a senior member's system, what AmK says is quite logical.

A few of us are getting power conditioner made locally and this thread has come in handy for seeking opinion on good power sockets with provision for Indian US/ UK plugs. We need about 40 plugs. Any pointers guys?

Having heard night and day difference that DIY power chords made in a senior member's system, what AmK says is quite logical.

A few of us are getting power conditioner made locally and this thread has come in handy for seeking opinion on good power sockets with provision for Indian US/ UK plugs. We need about 40 plugs. Any pointers guys?
From what’s available off the shelf in India the imported Northwest universal sockets seem to be the best. US and UK plug tops fit quite nicely and from what I remember the internal quality also is better compared to most others here.

Attachments

• 204470BE-4A7D-421D-858B-9E4AA6B4F1AA.jpeg
    204470BE-4A7D-421D-858B-9E4AA6B4F1AA.jpeg
    566.1 KB · Views: 31
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back