High sensitivity LCR speakers recommendations

k_vijay12

Folks I m having an old yamaha rx v471 AVR along with Polk TL1500 and Polk psw 125 sub. We haven't been using for last 5 years. Planning to change LCR speakers to improve the soundstage n experience. It's rated 105w at 6 ohm, single channel driven amp. It's rated 80wpc at 8 ohm ,2 channel driven.

I m looking for suggestions if I change to bigger bookshelves, would it induce interest to my mom n dad to restart using them again. Planning to add a wireless streamer to make it easy to play from mobile/ iPad.

Presently thinking of Indiq Audio Diamond Mishras which hav anachoeic sensitivity of 90+db. Which other speaker brands should be on my radar for evaluation.

Also , pls share your views on incremental sound improvement of upgrading from a 2.5" to 6.5" speaker using this AVR. Is it worth investing or just leave this current system as is? Or get an active sound bar. Alternative plan is to use the avr in stereo mode in another lounge at home.

Budget about 50-60k for LCR

Last edited:
Folks I m having an old yamaha rx v471 AVR along with Polk TL1500 and Polk psw 125 sub. We haven't been using for last 5 years. Planning to change LCR speakers to improve the soundstage n experience. It's rated 105w at 6 ohm, single channel driven amp. It's rated 80wpc at 8 ohm ,2 channel driven.

I m looking for suggestions if I change to bigger bookshelves, would it induce interest to my mom n dad to restart using them again. Planning to add a wireless streamer to make it easy to play from mobile/ iPad.
Hi Sir,
Lovely initiative.
Also , pls share your views on incremental sound improvement of upgrading from a 2.5" to 6.5" speaker using this AVR. Is it worth investing or just leave this current system as is? Or get an active sound bar. Alternative plan is to use the avr in stereo mode in another lounge at home.
2.5 to 6.5 will bring a world of difference, especially to parents - the dialogues will definitely become crisper to their ear, and they can watch what they want to without having to turn up the volume way up.
Also, you looking for separate LCRs, or a passive three channel bar would also work?
How big is the room?

Presently thinking of Indiq Audio Diamond Mishras which hav anachoeic sensitivity of 90+db. Which other speaker brands should be on my radar for evaluation.

Check klipsch reference series. Klipsch 52c center and R51m

Hi Sir,
Lovely initiative.

2.5 to 6.5 will bring a world of difference, especially to parents - the dialogues will definitely become crisper to their ear, and they can watch what they want to without having to turn up the volume way up.

Also, you looking for separate LCRs, or a passive three channel bar would also work?
How big is the room?
Room is 13'3"x12'. Enclosing a pic. It's drawing room. parents spend most of their time here... The media room is on upper floor, they avoid the hazzle of climbing upstairs..

Are there passive sound bars??? But again sound bars have similar 2.5-3" sized drivers.

What price range is Klipsch reference speakers? They hav compression drivers if I m not mistaken. It wd need better settings. Not sure if a basic avr like yamaha 471 has that ..

Attachments

• IMG-20170930-WA0040.jpg
    IMG-20170930-WA0040.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20170930-WA0042.jpg
    IMG-20170930-WA0042.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 38
For a room like this a pair of powered speakers will be good. If you are okay without a centre channel, then you may check q acoustics m20 hd. They are having very good reviews over the web.

Room is 13'3"x12'. Enclosing a pic. It's drawing room. parents spend most of their time here... The media room is on upper floor, they avoid the hazzle of climbing upstairs..

Are there passive sound bars??? But again sound bars have similar 2.5-3" sized drivers.
Quite a few. All major brands have one. And you are right -- some, like Klipsch are 3.5" woofers, but some like the Martin Logan's and Monitor Audio's are decent 4" ones. But most of them have a rated sensitivity of just below 90. But I don't think you need to worry about sensitivity in this room size/listening distance.

Listen to a few passive sound bars if possible. I am guessing what parents will appreciate the most will be better dialogue clarity. (Of course, will not be as good as LCRs)
What price range is Klipsch reference speakers? They hav compression drivers if I m not mistaken. It wd need better settings. Not sure if a basic avr like yamaha 471 has that ..
You should be able to score good 5-inch woofer L-R's and a matching centre in the Reference range in or around your budget.

I am in need of advice regarding for my dedicated home theatre 20'/11'/9'
my gears are. DATASAT RS20
ATC SCM A16 as LCR
ATC SCM ASLT 20 as SR&LR
ATC C4 SUB
EARTHQUAKE IMAGE series ceiling spa powered by CARY POWER AMP 7.250
this is exclusive for movie viewing. STILL NOT GETTING CINEMA THEATRE SOUND. mainly MID BASE.my friend advised QSC speakers for THE CINEMA SOUND. ANY OPNION&ADVICE .THANKS IN ADVANCE

Back