Himesh bhai hits different

manishk3008

So I was having my weekend music listening therapy. And god I stumbled on Himesh bhai’s old albums from 2000’s Aapka Suroor, Tere Naam, Akbar, Aashiq banaya aapne etc, and I must say he made really impressive music. Good use of instruments, sound stage is good. And recordings quality wise songs sounded good to me. What are fellow member’s thoughts about his music.

So I was having my weekend music listening therapy. And god I stumbled on Himesh bhai’s old albums from 2000’s Aapka Suroor, Tere Naam, Akbar, Aashiq banaya aapne etc, and I must say he made really impressive music. Good use of instruments, sound stage is good. And recordings quality wise songs sounded good to me. What are fellow member’s thoughts about his music.
just good, as long as he does not sing.

Check out Banaras, 2006 film
Back in 2006, when I was working for this IT firm , where Founder of this firm produced this film and all of this IT firm employees were given free pass/tickets for PVR , we were totally blank and clueless, why why? Watched the movie and did not like it that time. But Music was top class, I instantly became Himesh's follower. I still have this album in my playlist till date specially Ishq Mein Dilko , Purab Se and Kitna Pyar Kartein Hain(Male and Female both). This album is a must listen.

Thanks for reminding it after almost 2 decades. Memories 😇

Other Albums I feel Himesh has nailed it, are Namastey Landon, Tere Naam.

Last edited:
Then you must check out his work in TV serials (usually opening & closing title music) during 90s.
I remember him from that period - used to make really good tunes.

Back