hindi films not available on lp

Hi Sourav

Yes, i like the Lata nd the Asha tracks in Manzil. Hope i find one in near mint condition. Any other RD Burman eps you would recommend based purely on music?

Hi Prem,

I'd recommend Madhosh SPs (pure 70s feel, with great tracks), Devata (very sweet songs), Charitraheen, Do Chor, Kitaab (Dhanno Ki Aankhon Mein), Shehzaada(KK/Lata M tracks), Hifazat (Old) Super Seven. Mazaaq SP (Takra Gaye Do) and Jalpari SP (picture disc).

The biggest issue is the price here. Have heard this Jalpari SP is being sold in Kolkata market @ 3000 bucks, Majaaq and Hifazat both @ 1000 etc.

Thanks,
Sourav

Hi Sourav

Thanks for the recommendations.

I have Dhanno Ki Ankhon Mein in one of the 70s hits compilation. Also have Kali Palak from Do Chor again in one of the compilations. Is it still worth sourcing Do Chor and Kitaab eps?

Will start the search for the other eps/super 7s. Lets see how it goes.

Prem,
some I have not seen in LP are
Priyatama - Koi roko na (Kishore Kumar)
Hindustan ki kasam - Hai tere saath (Lata M.)
Regards

Hi Hiten

Did you mean some seen on lp?

Koi Roko Na is available on Jubilee Hits 1977 lp. Hai Tere Saath is available on Madan Mohan - A Tribute by Lata lp

Sorry Prem, I meant not seen individual single titles in LP format. But if songs are in compilation than its OK. Koi roko na has stylized picturisation. Very different from typical songs. Song is good too.
Regards

I am not a great fan of Hindi music on LP but for a change, pulled out Mere Sanam from my dad's old record collection (at my brother's place) and doing a bit of a listen, right now (after a very hectic day which saw mom-in-law getting admitted to hospital). I must say, the pressing is fantastic. O P Nayyar's music is really catchy. If I get the time, will try Khel Khel Mein, later this week. My interest in Hindi OSTs got kindled last weekend when I watched the Bollywood @100 program on Hindi film music over the ages. Was a very interesting show hosted by Karan Johar.

reubensm, for me, I love old hindi songs but hate it on most CDs as the recording on indian pressings are horrible. the only way it sounds better is on LP and thats the only reason i even setup an LP player.

there do exist good recordings on hindi but not easy to find

Hi Guyz,

Recently I have stumbled upon this thread with a treasure trove of very useful information. So, I am trying to revive the discussion.

I have been looking for the LP of Intaqam by Laxmikant Pyarelal for the complete version of Aa Jaane Jaa song. So, far I was not able to locate it. Recently I've got the SP of Intaqam with the Aa Jaane Ja song. But unfortunately it does not have the fantastic prelude music of that song. I have a compilation LP of Cabaret Songs. In that LP also, this song is curtailed.

Can anybody throw some light on where to get the full version of Aa Jaane Jaa apart from the LP? Most of the LP dealers I have spoken are telling me that the Intaqam LP has become very rare now & very difficult to get & most probable will be very expensive.

Hello Hector 2013, full version of the song with the long prelude is available at Saregama web store. Go and grab the discount of 75% valid till Feb end. You may want to download the HD version till you procure the LP.

Thanks,
Sourav

Hi Guyz,

Recently I have stumbled upon this thread with a treasure trove of very useful information. So, I am trying to revive the discussion.

I have been looking for the LP of Intaqam by Laxmikant Pyarelal for the complete version of Aa Jaane Jaa song. So, far I was not able to locate it. Recently I've got the SP of Intaqam with the Aa Jaane Ja song. But unfortunately it does not have the fantastic prelude music of that song. I have a compilation LP of Cabaret Songs. In that LP also, this song is curtailed.

Can anybody throw some light on where to get the full version of Aa Jaane Jaa apart from the LP? Most of the LP dealers I have spoken are telling me that the Intaqam LP has become very rare now & very difficult to get & most probable will be very expensive.
We can record such rare songs on a metal cassette and share it with each other.

I can record it for you,if you send me a blank cassette.
I can also provide you with recorded digital wave file,if it is legal if you do not have cassettes.
No financial interest.

Some of the rdb eps were on sale by "Jayant"
His lps purchased by me are of good quality.
Could not purchase all the records offered by him due to financial constrain.:(

I am not a great fan of Hindi music on LP but for a change, pulled out Mere Sanam from my dad's old record collection (at my brother's place) and doing a bit of a listen, right now (after a very hectic day which saw mom-in-law getting admitted to hospital). I must say, the pressing is fantastic. O P Nayyar's music is really catchy. If I get the time, will try Khel Khel Mein, later this week. My interest in Hindi OSTs got kindled last weekend when I watched the Bollywood @100 program on Hindi film music over the ages. Was a very interesting show hosted by Karan Johar.
I am making habit to listen to pink floyd,dire streit etc at this age.
I am big fan of all sort of indian music.But then I was losing the oportunity to here other music and the life is so short.
Hence start enjoying indian film music and graduate your self to indian classical slowly.you will love it.

Last edited:
Dr, it’s not legal to make a copy and send it or send a download. Pl refrain as it will land the forum in trouble

Seconding what Prem said.

Most commercially released music are copyrighted materials. The forum, as a policy, respects those rights, and forbids members from discussing sharing music or illegal downloads. Kindly refrain from discussing it.

Hello Hector 2013, full version of the song with the long prelude is available at Saregama web store. Go and grab the discount of 75% valid till Feb end. You may want to download the HD version till you procure the LP.

Thanks,
Sourav

Thanks Sourav. I think this is the best way to get the complete version before I can buy the LP. Will do this..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back