Hindi OST with good recording

I agree with you the soundtrack uses lot of gimmicks to give the false stereo imaging. I guess during those times the music director deliberately used to do those gimmicks. Some soundtracks like Sholay OST also render this kind of imaging though the music is incredible.

I agree with you the soundtrack uses lot of gimmicks to give the false stereo imaging. I guess during those times the music director deliberately used to do those gimmicks. Some soundtracks like Sholay OST also render this kind of imaging though the music is incredible.

Bought Pakeezah / Razia Sultan combo (saregama). I would say the sq is okay but nothing commendable. Razia Sultan has better sq with clearer sound compared to Pakeezah but somehow the stereo imaging of Razia Sultan made me feel disorientated/dizzy for a moment when heard with IEMs (dunno why)

Tere dar par sanam chale aaye from phir teri kahani yaad aayi. The song starts with a music introduction. IIRC, just when introduction is ending and Kumar Sanu starts singing, the stereo imaging goes haywire though it comes back to normal within the same para (mukhda). Excellent song but I would have loved if the stereo mix was consistent. Same 'effects' in one or two other songs of the same album.

Did anyone else experience this?
Anyone knows of a better version of this song?

Just bought some 12-15 cds from Amazon india :
Baazigar
Mohra
Phir teri kahani yaad ayi
Gupt
Imtihan
Vishwatma
HAHK
Maine pyaar kiya
Kareeb
Dilwale
Saajan
Dhadkan
Dil Se
Taal
Bombay
Haven't heard all of them but I'll give a summary of some CDs. Mohra, dilwale are really good . BaaZigar is too bright sometimes it hurts on my HD598. Taal and bombay are awesome. I generally rip into FLAC and listen . Or via sony blu ray player connected to ny Yam YHT299

Anyone heard the Dil Se LP ? i found it really good ! it helps that the songs are all so nice as well

Anyone heard the Dil Se LP ? i found it really good ! it helps that the songs are all so nice as well
I liked it too, bought it recently. I must say that Venus's outer sleeve is way ahead of new Sony/DADC LPs in terms of printing and packaging quality.

Didn't got a chance to listen the LP, but I've 2 variants of the Dil se audio CD, one that's manufactured before film release (mfg 1998 @225) and the other one manufactured after 4 yrs (mfg 2002 @99) n I must say there's huge difference in both the versions. The cheaper one has ruined all the details of songs. I know that they've taken such steps to save music industry from piracy but there r people who give importance to quality rather than price tag.
Same thing happened with some of my favorite titles like Yaadein(2001), Mujhe kuch kehna hai & Rehna hai tere dil mein.

Didn't got a chance to listen the LP, but I've 2 variants of the Dil se audio CD, one that's manufactured before film release (mfg 1998 @225) and the other one manufactured after 4 yrs (mfg 2002 @99) n I must say there's huge difference in both the versions. The cheaper one has ruined all the details of songs. I know that they've taken such steps to save music industry from piracy but there r people who give importance to quality rather than price tag.
Same thing happened with some of my favorite titles like Yaadein(2001), Mujhe kuch kehna hai & Rehna hai tere dil mein.

I guess its true for most new re-releases. In order to bring costs down the quality of the master gets compromised and hence the pressings

Can anyone help me to get Jaanbaz CD as it is not available in stores now?
I want 3 songs from it if anyone has its OST...

Hi Folks,
I am looking for Hindi Movie OST with good recording to audition the music systems. I have almost all Hindi albums by AR Rehman, but barring a few ones like Lagan & 1947 all have poor recordings. Though we feel the prowess of the musician due to its limitations in recording technique we can not enjoy the music to its full extent. I have also noticed that the sound systems which sound very good playing test jazz tracks from the store owner starts losing their steam with Hindi Movie OSTs while auditioning creating doubts in my mind as i mostly listen to Rehmans & Burmans. Thanks in anticipation
Prasad Karpe

Most Amit Trivedi made has very good recording.

But, I think the mastering quality on all Tseries Cds are bit aggresive! Unfortunately we are out of options now. The Orginal Rahman cds like Taal (not the ones currently available on Amazon)were good.

Just to add one more to the list - Gulaal
In particular the vocals are very well recorded/mastered - Raat ke Musafir and Duniya are literally goosebump inducing

(This was the lossless version on Apple Music but other versions should be good too )

Back