Hindi OST with good recording

Just to add one more to the list - Gulaal
In particular the vocals are very well recorded/mastered - Raat ke Musafir and Duniya are literally goosebump inducing

(This was the lossless version on Apple Music but other versions should be good too )
Gullal is masterpiece movie! OST also doesn't lag far behind! Piyush Mishra has done magical job.

Tere dar par sanam chale aaye from phir teri kahani yaad aayi. The song starts with a music introduction. IIRC, just when introduction is ending and Kumar Sanu starts singing, the stereo imaging goes haywire though it comes back to normal within the same para (mukhda). Excellent song but I would have loved if the stereo mix was consistent. Same 'effects' in one or two other songs of the same album.

Did anyone else experience this?
Anyone knows of a better version of this song?
I understand what you mean, and I am sure this problem was with the all Indian editions (Tips), the best version of this OST is Sirocco one. Try if can you get it.

Here is one more addition to the list - Gangs of Wasseypur.
Absolutely beautiful master with impeccable attention to detail.
Each song literally captures the ambience of the environment it was supposed to be captured in.

Whether it be typical background sounds of a pre marriage matikor on O Womaniya (live version) or the ridiculously trippy Bhaiiya by The Musahar of Sundarpur.

Hell, there is even a faint thrum of a DG genset that is distinctly audible on the last track (Humni ko Chodi ke) along with the recessed vocals as you would expect in the real life setting that song would be sung in

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back