Hindustani Classical Music

Tabla Samrat Pt. Anokhelal Mishra ,performing at a live concert in the year 1957. Commonly known as Pandit Anokhelalji, he was an Indian Tablā Artist who belonged to the Banaras Gharana of Hindustani classical music.

He was called the Jadugar(wizard) of ' Na Dhin Dhin Na ' (theka of Teen Taal- 16beats) and ' Dhere Dhere Kite Taka ' (particular tabla syllables) . He used to play these and many more syllables with clarity even at extreme speed.He was exceptionally adept at fast playing ' Na Dhin Dhin Na ' with his 1st finger, something even seasoned tabla players find it impossible to achieve.

I got it in Bangalore , SP road (one of the bye-lanes) I shall check during the next visit and ship you a copy in case I get it. The recording was poor and shrill. But i don't mind it for 30 rupees.
Thanks a lot dear. Appreciate it.
Don't bother, though.
gaana.com and iTunes seem to have good recordings. I'll get from one of those.

This is a new website devoted entirely to Hindustani classical.
Plays music continously according to the time of the day.
Paid version expected to come up soon where you can choose what you want to play.
So also an app.
Apparently they have had a very positive response.

They are also welcoming new talent to show their music.

Quoting from the website:
Ragya is the simplest way to discover & enjoy Indian classical music
Ragya is a classical music station which plays songs set in Indian classical systems (ragas) according to the time of the day. Ragya was started with the objective of making classical music accessible to listeners worldwide with ease of play and discovery.

Ragya invites Indian classical musicians, archives and storehouses of Indian classical music who may want to make their own treasures available to the listeners of Ragya worldwide.

Nice share thanks.
Dhrupad,Dagar, pakhwaj, and rudraveena
Indian classical at it's purest .
Ustad Bahauddin Dagar has a very charming countenance. There was an episode on him called "Sunset Malkauns", in a documentary hosted by AR Rahman. He has the curiosity of a child, the indifference of a stoic and a very refreshing humility, none of which looks out of place. Quite rare to find such traits in an accomplished musician in this age :)

Ustad Bahauddin Dagar has a very charming countenance. There was an episode on him called "Sunset Malkauns", in a documentary hosted by AR Rahman. He has the curiosity of a child, the indifference of a stoic and a very refreshing humility, none of which looks out of place. Quite rare to find such traits in an accomplished musician in this age :)
Do you have a link to the documentary?
I see only the album which seems to be available on most streaming platforms.

Do you have a link to the documentary?
I see only the album which seems to be available on most streaming platforms.

There are 4 independent episodes in the series "Harmony with AR Rahman", this is the second. Link to the Primevideo below.

The concert will be available on YouTube for 7 days. i.e. till 11th June, 2020.
Post 11th June, the concert will be taken down from the channel.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back