Hindustani Classical Music

Listened to it this morning twice,back to back.Out of this world experience.
Ustad Nissar Hussain Khan Lalit Gauri.

You have to see this.

This is ek nishad behagda I think
Thanks for sharing. Pt. Mallikarjun Mansur was a genius. Actually our Indian classical has so many talented souls. Gharana wise they may be different. I mean they sing in a different way ( Gayaki or the very style of singing) but all of them can create a very good sonic effect. Listening to Indian classical means cleansing of our soul and for the time being turning from experience (sin) to innocence ( pure).
Thanks

You have to see this.

This is ek nishad behagda I think
Thats Beautiful. Nice incident sharing by P.L.jee, nice documentary style. Beautiful Music. Thanks so much for sharing.
Regards

Last edited:
She has a great voice. She is a performer too. Her smile & vivacity are infectious. Kaushiki Chakroborty is daughter of legend Ajoy Chakraborty.

Another gem.

I can listen to this anytime. (link reposted).
Regards

I bought and got the Audio CD of Same Raga.
https://www.amazon.in/Mallikarjun-Mansur-Pt/dp/B0087E0ICQ
I am not famous for listening abilities (Tin ears) but the Audio CD does not sound good. Not happy. Feels kind of like instruments are bunched together. The YouTube video SQ I liked.

Anyway music is important so its OK with me.
Regards
Most of Pt. Mallikarjun Mansur’s recordings are low in clarity as compared to those of his contemporaries.

Just have searched and found 6 vedios of Kumar Gandharva. Will listen. Thanks for sharing. Curious to know if there is any chance of getting those in CD or digital format in future.
Regards

What Prasad Bharti (Doordarshan and AIR) need to do is launch streaming apps with the rich content in their archives. That can ensure AV quality as well as ease of access while also generating subscription based revenue for themselves. YouTube channels is not adequate medium for the huge content at their disposal.

Yes , I have been waiting for such an initiative taken by the Prasar Bharti. Years ago the Akashbani released Hindustani classical music on casseettes and CDs. Now the Prasar Bharti can arrange a streaming platform for Android and Apple users so that we can atleast access to those . We are ready to subscribe just we are doing for Gaana, Spotify or YT. But how can we reach to the concerned authority with our request?
Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back