Hindustani Classical Music

An peculiar recording/mastering where the tabla and the dagga (baayan) sound so far apart from each other. It’s kind of weird as you can’t visualise a solo player with hands that apart, but you can very distinctly hear the respective bols from the two drums. What do you make of it?

Today's Find!
natural, Raw and meaningful. If this is not music what is ? Very Nice.
Remember Music be it Indian or Western has its roots in devotion to god.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is another version by panditji.
Regards

Ragya​

Ragya is the simplest way to discover & enjoy Indian classical music

Good find. I checked out the app - it is simple and elegant. Also like that they curated it by Prahar. 1000+ hrs of content is small for a streaming service (but hopefully it will grow), their content is from primarily upcoming artists or established artists beyond the more famous ones. So one can kind of deep dive and discover some artists one hadn’t heard before. I find it has a similar artist profile as the two internet radio stations I follow: Sandesh Radio and Sangeet Samvad (primarily from Maharashtra, Karnataka, and from Jaipur/Kirana gharanas). Any idea what’s the resolution of Ragya’s service?

Last edited by a moderator:

@SachinChavan

From what i read, there is a Free service which offers a 15 hour compilation interspersed by Ragya promos and streamed at 64 kbps MP3 and a Premium service which has 1000+ hours of tracks which the streamer says is ‘growing everyday’. The Premium service is streamed at 320 kbps MP3.

Thanks Sachin chavan and Krishna for your recommendation. Really Ragya.com is a fine place for the Indian classical music lovers. Honestly, I am not aware of this site but when I read about it in our forum, I want to try it. It is as Krishna has already pointed out a free online streaming service dedicated to Indian classical music but one can avail of paid service if one opts for premium. The uniqueness of this site lies in the fact that we have the chance of listening to songs sung by lesser known artists. Will continue listening to tracks in this site along with my other fav online streaming platforms.
Regards

Highly recommend everyone to watch this interview to get a glimpse into the life of one of our living masters:

Is there any playlist for this thread similar to the one which is there for Jazz, sorry for asking for a spoon feeding solution

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back