Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

That's a placeholder entry with wrong specs and not in stock. Croma also lists the 65" version but it hasn't launched in India. Though this might indicate 65" is launching soon.

I believe it will come in stock with the BBD sale only (sometime in October).
Take a look at this Hisense U6G Series 164 cm (65 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart Android TV on Flipkart

Take a look at this Hisense U6G Series 164 cm (65 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart Android TV on Flipkart
I guess we can expect the price of this one to be about 80-85k based on the price for the 55" version and the difference between the MRP -> real price (80k -> 60k).

These are good signs. Hisense plans to invest big in India and if these TVs sell, they might even launch the U7G/U8G in India, with next year's models coming sooner.

tcl s
I guess we can expect the price of this one to be about 80-85k based on the price for the 55" version and the difference between the MRP -> real price (80k -> 60k).

These are good signs. Hisense plans to invest big in India and if these TVs sell, they might even launch the U7G/U8G in India, with next year's models coming sooner.
TCL must learn from hisence

Last year's qled model (U7qf aka H8G) was sold out permanently, they should've already learnt and launched the u7g atleast Should I buy the U6g or wait instead for the U7G. Waiting since last year for Diwali, X90j launched and then got price increase only from out of aukaat to way beyond aukaat levels, 900h sold out before it even reached the fair pricing . Seems there is no hope for me.

Last edited:
Last year's qled model (U7qf aka H8G) was sold out permanently, they should've already learnt and launched the u7g atleast Should I buy the U6g or wait instead for the U7G. Waiting since last year for Diwali, X90j launched and then got price increase only from out of aukaat to way beyond aukaat levels, 900h sold out before it even reached the fair pricing . Seems there is no hope for me.
Prices are overall high this year for TVs due to chip shortage. Even in the US, the prices are much higher and brands like TCL/Hisense have even increased the prices of models which are selling with time.

I'd say just buy a cheap TV like this H6G which will tide you over for a couple of years. Then, move this TV to the bedroom and get a nice big OLED then. OLED prices will come down a lot as LG transitions to gen 10.5 motherglass.

Some pre reading off redditors on reliability before taking the plunge. Just saying I'm still on the fence. Vfm is brilliant, reliability is unknown

Seems like the U6G is just an average 4K HDR TV with FALD
What else were you expecting here? It's not supposed to be a high-end TV. And keep in mind that both Q60A and X80J are double the price in India. Also, he compared the 50" variant of X80J which is VA. The 55" and above X80J are IPS which will look really bad. The 55" variant of the U6G will perform differently as the local dimming performance usually varies by screen size (which FOMO also mentions in his comparison).

Here's how the IPS version of X80J compares to the U6G:

and here's it v/s the Q60A:

FOMO prefers skin tones and colour science accuracy over black levels, so keep that in mind before taking his verdict as gospel. I personally prefer the opposite as grey blacks completely break my immersion and look awful to me.

Last edited:
I would like to consider two points
1) Price point
2) Specs comparison against other available options in market.

If you want to go with the point QA/QC, then I can say....I have seen my dad purchasing a 40" Sony and it ended up lasting only 2.5 years. My Samsung, 11 years old model is still performing good. So there is no assurance of any electronic product's lasting long. After the warranty period over, you are helpless, either spend more money on servicing or throw it away and bring a new one.
Usually Hisense offers a 3-4 years warranty on launch. We all know this TV is amazing on the price point and specs that it offers. Do we have any other compatible set to give it a good run for money..?? The predecessor H8G(Toshiba U7980) had the same DNA and it is still running flawlessly. How many of the owners are unhappy with the panel performance till today..????
We could wait till the launch and even wait more until U7G shows up.

I would like to consider two points
1) Price point
2) Specs comparison against other available options in market.

If you want to go with the point QA/QC, then I can say....I have seen my dad purchasing a 40" Sony and it ended up lasting only 2.5 years. My Samsung, 11 years old model is still performing good. So there is no assurance of any electronic product's lasting long. After the warranty period over, you are helpless, either spend more money on servicing or throw it away and bring a new one.
Usually Hisense offers a 3-4 years warranty on launch. We all know this TV is amazing on the price point and specs that it offers. Do we have any other compatible set to give it a good run for money..?? The predecessor H8G(Toshiba U7980) had the same DNA and it is still running flawlessly. How many of the owners are unhappy with the panel performance till today..????
We could wait till the launch and even wait more until U7G shows up.
Yeah, exactly. This is the best TV for the price hands down. Any other competitor costs at least a lakh (except frame which costs 90k this year).

Frame is at 84 on Amazon. During sale it might come down further. Frame is same rate on both Flipkart & Amazon while Sony are about 10K cheaper on Amazon! :Thinking:
The frame should have a slightly higher PQ than this TV I believe. Also has 120Hz, HDMI 2.1, design and stuff. This should be better with HDR and black levels.

But frame is 94k on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3zFx5Gl

I meant Sony is at 84 on Amazon. Sorry for the typo.
You mean the X80J? It's available for 87k: https://amzn.to/3EOnEIv

This variant is an IPS panel and was reviewed very badly by rtings though. I don't think spending 84k on it is wise, when you can get frame 2020 for similar/lower price and if you spend 15k more you'll get LG BX which is significantly better.

X85J(online only) is also available in shopatsc. This one is VA and is better than going for x80 series which is available in brick and mortar (or offline or whatever) stores.

X85J(online only) is also available in shopatsc. This one is VA and is better than going for x80 series which is available in brick and mortar (or offline or whatever) stores.
The 55" X85J costs 1.15 lakhs. That's meme level pricing. I hope you're joking and not seriously suggesting someone to buy a 55" 1.15 lakh TV which is not even FALD. You can literally buy the LG BX OLED for much cheaper.

The 55" X85J costs 1.15 lakhs. That's meme level pricing. I hope you're joking and not seriously suggesting someone to buy a 55" 1.15 lakh TV which is not even FALD. You can literally buy the LG BX OLED for much cheaper.
Ok price is high. I thought it is more or less x80 price but only available online. Seriously, LG BX 55" is very rare these days to get hold of. Even if it is available it could be display piece.

Frame is at 84 on Amazon. During sale it might come down further. Frame is same rate on both Flipkart & Amazon while Sony are about 10K cheaper on Amazon! :Thinking:
Last year frame 55" was 75k and some bank offers. New 2021 model has any new changes or just new for the sake of high price tag?

This 55" U6G has nothing amazing to offer in this price segment hence make it makes this an overpriced, unreliable new brand TV for the price of 60k INR.
It's a regular 60Hz panel with no MEMC. There is no new HDMI 2.1 or even HDMI eARC for your home theatre. There is no point for paying 60k for a 60Hz panel, for God's sake we are in 2021 now. Even cheap 13-14k phones have 120Hz panel in it, why are high refresh TVs are so heavily priced and nobody is offering in these budget brands?

Any updates for VU for 55" 120Hz TV with HDMI 2.1?

This 55" U6G has nothing amazing to offer in this price segment hence make it makes this an overpriced, unreliable new brand TV for the price of 60k INR.
It's a regular 60Hz panel with no MEMC. There is no new HDMI 2.1 or even HDMI eARC for your home theatre. There is no point for paying 60k for a 60Hz panel, for God's sake we are in 2021 now. Even cheap 12k phones have 90Hz panel in it, why are high refresh TVs are so heavily priced and nobody is offering in these budget brands?

Any updates for VU for 55" 120Hz TV with HDMI 2.1?
Do we have any 120Hz model at 60k in India?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back