Hisense is launching U6G in India with Big Billion days (55", 700-nits, FALD at ₹60k)

lightgamer

Here's the link for pricing and basic specs

Here's the rtings review:

Won't be a bad option considering the absolute lack of any decent options under 1 lakh in our country. Also, this seems to be manufactured in their new Noida plant, so won't face the same fate as U7980 which was imported and then banned by the government.

these are the prices in USA -
50u6g - 530$
55u6g- 580$
65u6g - 800$

so even for hisense 1$ = 100 rs? should have been around 50-55k considering it mfg noida.

Last edited:
these are the prices in USA -
50u6g - 530$
55u6g- 580$
65u6g - 800$

if 60k is for 65inch version, that will be great. If is this for 50/55 inch, then not so great.
Comparing with US pricing for TVs is pointless. LG C1 77" costs $3300 there and 8 lakhs here. There are massive import duties on components and 28% GST, and volumes are not even 1/100th in India. Not to mention that there's actual competition there for TVs. Here in India, this will be the only TV within 1 lakh to offer local dimming.

And if you add 28% GST to the 55 U6G price in the US, it's 55k INR. Not higher in India considering we also get bank offers which isn't a thing in the US.

Here's the link for pricing and basic specs

Here's the rtings review:

Won't be a bad option considering the absolute lack of any decent options under 1 lakh in our country. Also, this seems to be manufactured in their new Noida plant, so won't face the same fate as U7980 which was imported and then banned by the government.
What is certainly encouraging is that we are getting US equivalent model(I am assuming based on naming scheme), instead of nerfed European ones. Pricing is also decent. It costs around ₹47k in US if I include tax at 10% and in India it can be had for ₹57k with cashback offer. Now just wish they also release U8G, which will give the much needed kick to premium segment Samsung and Sony LEDs and end their unabated monopoly.

PS : The 55" has only 32 zones + I bought U7980 for 42k so no buyer remorse for me at the moment

What is certainly encouraging is that we are getting US equivalent model(I am assuming based on naming scheme), instead of nerfed European ones. Pricing is also decent. It costs around ₹47k in US if I include tax at 10% and in India it can be had for ₹57k with cashback offer. Now just wish they also release U8G, which will give the much needed kick to premium segment Samsung and Sony LEDs and end their unabated monopoly.

PS : The 55" has only 32 zones + I bought U7980 for 42k so no buyer remorse for me at the moment
Yeah, U7980 was the better offer but the biggest problem with it was the availability and the terrible software/support. And even with 32 zones, this one has a better dimming algo, and hence scores significantly better than both the H8F and H8G overall in the rtings review.

Their plant has been just operational and they plan to offer everything from laser projectors to dual-cell TVs in India. It will probably take at least next year though.

I don't see any other TV under 1 lakh competing with this though. Should be a no question buy.

Source:

I'm out of touch of the TV world, but is this really that good? No competitors at all under 1 lakh?
There are two ways of looking at it. What I presented above was the optimistic viewpoint, i.e. it's a good TV and simply a no brainer under 1 lakh.

The pessimistic viewpoint would be that all the other TVs in <1 lakh segment are hot garbage with manufacturers like Xiaomi/Realme/Nokia/Motorola launching trash that doesn't sell in other countries.

This is not that great of a value in vaccum, but way better than wasting your money on any other TV under 1 lakh. Every other offering is at least 200-300 nits dimmer and doesn't feature any local dimming.

That's a placeholder entry with wrong specs and not in stock. Croma also lists the 65" version but it hasn't launched in India. Though this might indicate 65" is launching soon.

I believe it will come in stock with the BBD sale only (sometime in October).
hisence compared 65inch variant with H8G global model .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-20-14-18-13-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-20-14-18-13-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2021-09-20-14-18-13-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-20-14-18-13-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 50
hisence compared 65inch variant with H8G global model .
65U7QF which you're attaching the screenshot of is a different TV. We're talking about the U6G, which is the same version as the U6G in the US. H8G is a 2020 model, this is the 2021 model.

That's a placeholder entry with wrong specs and not in stock. Croma also lists the 65" version but it hasn't launched in India. Though this might
65U7QF which you're attaching the screenshot of is a different TV. We're talking about the U6G, which is the same version as the U6G in the US. H8G is a 2020 model, this is the 2021 model.
they teases 600nits for usa model but in india model has 700nits

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-20-14-52-46-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-20-14-52-46-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 53
Silently stalking this TV launch for weeks, especially since the day the teaser came on Flipkart and also bombarding hisense on twitter. Hisense had mentioned the launch of Qled in festive seasons.
I would like to bite but just to remind everyone it's not with hdmi2.1 and fades compared to u7g/u8g in hdr peak brightness as well as limited to 60hz refresh rate.
Looking at the teaser I had prayed it to be the u7g atleast based on the stands,but seeing the croma listings last week were a bummer of an indication that it will be the u6g. Markup is at approx 33% so with that rate U7g would again be in premium category at 80k for 55incher for launch, and you might think why not buy a Sony with more cash but more peace of mind. 50-55k would have been a decent price for this, but it's honestly ok with the market that surrounds us.

Markup is at approx 33% so with that rate U7g would again be in premium category at 80k for 55incher for launch, and you might think why not buy a Sony with more cash but more peace of mind. 50-55k would have been a decent price for this, but it's honestly ok with the market that surrounds us.
Doesn't the Sony X90J 55" cost like 1.5 lakhs? And that's the cheapest current-gen Sony with FALD. X9000H is basically out of stock everywhere. U7G 65" at 90k-1 lakh would be a pretty solid TV I'd say, as there's no other 65" TV with comparable specs even < 1.5 lakhs (HDMI 2.1).
50-55k would have been a decent price for this, but it's honestly ok with the market that surrounds us.
Even at US price + 28% GST it would cost 55k, so expecting <55k was never going to happen.

Doesn't the Sony X90J 55" cost like 1.5 lakhs? And that's the cheapest current-gen Sony with FALD. X9000H is basically out of stock everywhere. U7G 65" at 90k-1 lakh would be a pretty solid TV I'd say, as there's no other 65" TV with comparable specs even < 1.5 lakhs (HDMI 2.1).

Even at US price + 28% GST it would cost 55k, so expecting <55k was never going to happen.
Jo hukum sarkar! And please don't talk abt Sony X90j with that pissant pricing. I will mostly bite this, I'm just worried abt the after sales esp when you or someone on forum, couldnt manage a remote for your 7980 I reckon with them. The tweets on their timeline are filled with similar complaints. So only point to ponder is the after sales otherwise as you say no brainer.
I was googling new tv launch from india hisense for months now. Whatever has come I will most likely buy now, unless my funds are diverted. Screw 2.1 I don't have a console, screw 60hz and 700 nits I have much older tvs when nits when wasn't even born.

Last edited:
Jo hukum sarkar! And please don't talk abt Sony X90j with that pissant pricing. I will mostly bite this, I'm just worried abt the after sales esp when you or someone on forum, couldnt manage a remote for your 7980 I reckon with them. The tweets on their timeline are filled with similar complaints. So only point to ponder is the after sales otherwise as you say no brainer.
I was googling new tv launch from india hisense for months now. Whatever has come I will most likely buy now, unless my funds are diverted. Screw 2.1 I don't have a console, screw 60hz and 700 nits I have much older tvs when nits when wasn't even born.
I mean, regarding Sony it is what it is. The fact of the matter is that X90J is priced higher than C1 OLED.

Yeah, Toshiba support is pretty garbage. If the U7980 breaks, I'll just have to throw it away. But the price on U7980 more than justified it. If my U7980 lasts even 1-2 more years, that will be good enough. It cost me 38k all said and done, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I do expect Hisense support to be significantly better than Toshiba which basically disappeared. You can try e mailing them or calling their customer care to see if you get any response. If you do, that's great. Else consider other options.

I mean, regarding Sony it is what it is. The fact of the matter is that X90J is priced higher than C1 OLED.

Yeah, Toshiba support is pretty garbage. If the U7980 breaks, I'll just have to throw it away. But the price on U7980 more than justified it. If my U7980 lasts even 1-2 more years, that will be good enough. It cost me 38k all said and done, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I do expect Hisense support to be significantly better than Toshiba which basically disappeared. You can try e mailing them or calling their customer care to see if you get any response. If you do, that's great. Else consider other options.
ifalkon works with tcl remote.toshiba , hisence work on different os.try with hisence,vu remote

Comparing with US pricing for TVs is pointless. LG C1 77" costs $3300 there and 8 lakhs here.
C1 77 for 8 lac is ridiculous even from an Indian standard considering the customs and gst. especially when sony A80J 77 is available for 5 lac.

Silently stalking this TV launch for weeks, especially since the day the teaser came on Flipkart and also bombarding hisense on twitter. Hisense had mentioned the launch of Qled in festive seasons.
I would like to bite but just to remind everyone it's not with hdmi2.1 and fades compared to u7g/u8g in hdr peak brightness as well as limited to 60hz refresh rate.
Looking at the teaser I had prayed it to be the u7g atleast based on the stands,but seeing the croma listings last week were a bummer of an indication that it will be the u6g. Markup is at approx 33% so with that rate U7g would again be in premium category at 80k for 55incher for launch, and you might think why not buy a Sony with more cash but more peace of mind. 50-55k would have been a decent price for this, but it's honestly ok with the market that surrounds us.
MI qled:60k
oneplus 2yrs old qled:62k+
comparing with 350nits ,dled tv, hisence is better option in 60k with some less futures

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back