Home Made 5.1 channel speakers

Hi Amit,
Speaker looks awesome and very inspiring :)
What crossover frequencies did you choose for Woofer and Mid?

Thanks,
Aniruddha

The Denon AVR-X510 B has enough power to drive them...I have been listening to my speakers at about 40% volume...just great!!:)

They are a beautiful work of art. Hats off to you Mr.Amit. Looking good with your interiors as well. I would like to make a pair of 3 way floor standing speakers (8 ohms) and a Sub woofer to mate with my NAD 356 amp. Dali Zensor 5 specs size wise are perfect for my available space. Hoping to get your inputs. I already have a pair of Polk RTi A7 connected to my NAD's speaker A terminals. As they are 8 ohms, I can only pair them with another set of 8 ohms speakers as the NAD will drive 2 x 8 ohms easily.

My Budget for the floor standers are 35K max and for the sub is 45K max.

I would like to avoid hiring a carpenter if i could. i keep traveling a lot and my work does not allow me to be at home for more than few days at a stretch.

DIY-Stereo Speakers and upgrade of my phono set-up

Recently I have done another DIY project of making two tower speakers. The design consists of MTM plus a sub-woofer in one enclosure.
The cross overs are all home made DIY stuff. Midrange cross over is 250hz at lower end and 4000hz at higher end.
The sub-woofer are powered by Alphine car sub-woofer amplifier lying at home since about 10 years! used a 20 amp 12 volt LED driver smps which has enough amps to drive the subs.
The mid-range and tweeter are driven by my Sony TA-AX-5 (34 years old).
Revived my Sony PS-LX55 Linear tracking turntable with new tone arm belt from Ebay Uk (Sony x-box play station was the correct size belt) . New P-mount MM cartridge Audio Technica AT-92E.
The Sony TA-AX-5 was reconditioned by replacing all audio signal and line filter capacitors with Nichicon Fine Gold range. It worked wonders with high end audio quality. The power amplifier stage was replaced by 2x100 watts rms Mosfet amps with Texas instrument ultra high fidelity driver LM49830 IC.
Got the Amp PCB from online store from Czech republic..
The Sony phono stage has FET plus op-amps pre-amplifier followed by signal and input processor. Some ICs were replaced which I got fro Singapore online store at 1/10th of cost which ebay was selling!
The system sounds ultra high fidelity now with super sound stage. All the drivers have excellent flat response. Pioneer graph equalizer revived with new capcitors and new op-amps, but I am playing back through the amplifiers only because the flat response of my system is mind blowing and the Audio-Technica MM cartridge has excellent response.
Drivers midrange and tweeter are from Peerless.
Woofer are JBL freely available in the market with excellent response.
Thanks..

Attachments

• Assembled x-overs.jpg
    Assembled x-overs.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 174
  • Assembly.jpg
    Assembly.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Testing play back.jpg
    Testing play back.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 173
  • My stereo system.jpg
    My stereo system.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Close up.jpg
    Close up.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 170
The Sony phono stage has FET plus op-amps pre-amplifier followed by signal and input processor. Some ICs were replaced which I got fro Singapore online store at 1/10th of cost which ebay was selling!
Could you suggest the name of the Singapore store? (did you pay through SWIFT or Visa credit card?)

The inductors are home made with a coil winding jig....used more than 8 kgs of copper wire!!! and varnished them with Dr.Becks air drying varnish. High end Audio grade capacitors from DIYAudiocart and direct import thru online are used. Double side flared vents as per design are
Any links/Youtube videos to the coil winding jig?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back