Home made wine

Is it legal to do this under the current legal ecosystem?
I think it cant be sold in commercial proportions. Thats the legal barrier. For personal consumption, it is not going to be an issue. However if the end product is contaminated, it could pose a threat to our digestion :D

Not me. My mum has been making wine for us since I was a child.
I've been lucky to taste wine made out of rice!

I can't drink store wine. Those fancy, porsche names don't work for me.

Not me. My mum has been making wine for us since I was a child.
I've been lucky to taste wine made out of rice!

I can't drink store wine. Those fancy, porsche names don't work for me.
If we dont make it the right way, will it lead to diorhhea is my only doubt?

If we dont make it the right way, will it lead to diorhhea is my only doubt?
That's why medical practitioners exist. :p

But, seriously, consuming any contaminated edible will cause a health issue and wine is no different. I'm presuming here that "don't make it the right way" = contamination.

Last edited:
Has anybody tried to make your own home made wine? If so pls share your experience.
have been making wine since ages, no rocket science in it. Just be carefull to keep the jar in a cool place without direct sunlight. Youtube will give you lot of suggestions. Try initially with 5 KG's or less. We have only tried grapes, buy grapes which is sweet. There are grapes which are sweet and bitter mixed, don't go for that. Try to get hold of the below vessel. You should be able to get in your local market.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-22 101534.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-22 101534.png
    882.8 KB · Views: 10
have been making wine since ages, no rocket science in it. Just be carefull to keep the jar in a cool place without direct sunlight. Youtube will give you lot of suggestions. Try initially with 5 KG's or less. We have only tried grapes, buy grapes which is sweet. There are grapes which are sweet and bitter mixed, don't go for that. Try to get hold of the below vessel. You should be able to get in your local market.
Beware: The realm of the wine is even more mysterious, pompous and rarefied than audiophilia and potentially more addictive

A close friends mother regularly prepares Ginger wine and from personal imbibition [;)], it takes at least a year for it to come into its own and taste truly wonderful. Poison for diabetics though! Let me know if you want the recipe - I'll ask her for it.

A close friends mother regularly prepares Ginger wine and from personal imbibition [;)], it takes at least a year for it to come into its own and taste truly wonderful. Poison for diabetics though! Let me know if you want the recipe - I'll ask her for it.
Yeast alone is not enough? Yes pls ask her for the ingrediants/recipe.

Tried it a few times during the lockdown in 2020 from a simple recipe given by a friend. The first batch tasted really good.
From my experience, if you ensure everything is clean, including the ingredients, it turns out fine.

Tried it a few times during the lockdown in 2020 from a simple recipe given by a friend. The first batch tasted really good.
From my experience, if you ensure everything is clean, including the ingredients, it turns out fine.
Does it stink when you open it after the fermentation period? Also how to make sure the end product is edible? Are there ways to find out without tasting, if the wine is free of other contaminents, bad bacteria or micro worms or germs?

Does it stink when you open it after the fermentation period? Also how to make sure the end product is edible? Are there ways to find out without tasting, if the wine is free of other contaminents, bad bacteria or micro worms or germs?
I don't think there is an easy way to make sure there are no contaminants if you're making this in a typical home setting. At least I don't know of any without tasting it.

The second batch I made was very sour even though I followed the same process. But without an environment like a sterilized lab, there are bound to be environmental influences that we cannot control.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back