Home theater custom made advice

sarge

dear guys, i deiced to buy custom made HTiB, i live in kolkata. i go to promises instrument they give a combination, pls chk this

A/V Receivers = Onkyo TX-SR304E
Sub woofer = Jamo SUB 200
Speaker = Pure Acoustics Speakers
total price Rs.32500.

is it good price or overprice,is it good combination.
Onkyo TX-SR304E its a basic receiver.if i go for Yamaha receiver but i cant get any warranty.but onkyo gives 1 year warranty or i buy different A/V receiver.

dear guys, i deiced to buy custom made HTiB, i live in kolkata. i go to promises instrument they give a combination, pls chk this

A/V Receivers = Onkyo TX-SR304E
Sub woofer = Jamo SUB 200
Speaker = Pure Acoustics Speakers
total price Rs.32500.

is it good price or overprice,is it good combination.
Onkyo TX-SR304E its a basic receiver.if i go for Yamaha receiver but i cant get any warranty.but onkyo gives 1 year warranty or i buy different A/V receiver.

buddy

dont mind...

wt exactly are you lookin for..???

u just want to try the name sake customisation..
or are u lookin in for some good system.?

kindly clarify a bit...

first thanks for ur reply, but i want a good HT system & my budget is low,for this reason i go for customization and the promises instrument (kolkata) they give the combination.pls suggest i do it or not.

first thanks for ur reply, but i want a good HT system & my budget is low,for this reason i go for customization and the promises instrument (kolkata) they give the combination.pls suggest i do it or not.

bro

i agree tht this entertainment requires a lot of pump ins of hard earned cash...

but wt i believe is instead of sacrificing on some cheap stuff which doesnt satisfy your needs is a waste of that hard earned cash.
Instead if you have a budget of Rs.35K approx, go in for a budget reciever and a pair of speakers, and with time, every month or alternate or quaterly, add something to it to complete your 5.1, so atleast at the end of year you will have a system that will suit your requirement, and will serve you for a few good years...

all round this is my workin criteria, and all my customers are really happy with it...atleast they are nt negotiating or regretting on there investment...

thanks for your advice, it is the good process to buy HTS.then can u suggest me what should i buy first components.

thanks for your advice, it is the good process to buy HTS.then can u suggest me what should i buy first components.

buddy

as per your initial budget, i think after this 35K you will be able to expand to max. more of 40-45k in a years time...
so according to tht the system goes in like it :

Q Acoustics
1020i = Rs.15000
Reciever
Cambridge Audio - CA 540R = Rs.25000
Cables
Rs.2000 approx for whole 5.1...

Connect the above with your existing player...

Then upgrade the same with
1010i = Rs.11,750
1000c = Rs.11,750
1000s = Rs.20,000

Now the reason to suggest you the Cambridge is, because in tht range, Denon, Marantz and Yamaha doesnt play a good role...where Cambridge still is better then these (in tht particular budget)...

The reason for suggesting the Q Acoustics being the performance...
1000i 5.1 Package is the best awarded package under Rs.75,000 continuously from past 5 years, worldwide...
And having done neck to neck comparison of Q Acoustics with Polk Audio, Wharfedale and Mordaunt Short, the Q Acoustics takes a lead...

its a good combination that's no doubt but its too high for me, its cross my bidget, if i buy it alternate or quarterly even i cant complete my HTS.

if i buy YAMAHA RX-V459 the it will be ok or not

its a good combination that's no doubt but its too high for me, its cross my bidget, if i buy it alternate or quarterly even i cant complete my HTS.

if i buy YAMAHA RX-V459 the it will be ok or not

buddy

i thought u had a budget of 45K

initially i suggested the investment of 43K only...

then at later stages u can upgrade it...

rest if u want to compromise on sound and quality
then its ur decision,
thn plz dont start a thread like a few, statin
nt satisfied with my system...

m nt tellin u to be specific on Q Acoustics, but u have choice of wharfedale, Mordaunt, Polk...
bt nt to waste in for HTiBs...

no no that's not matter, Cambridge Audio - CA 540R receiver price in kolkata above 32k for this reason total HTS price will be very high for this reason i ask about YAMAHA RX-V459, its price in kolkata 22k.

Reciever
Cambridge Audio - CA 340R price in kolkata - 36000
Reciever
Cambridge Audio - CA 640R price 56000,

its too much man.

Reciever
Cambridge Audio - CA 340R price in kolkata - 36000
Reciever
Cambridge Audio - CA 640R price 56000,

its too much man.

hey buddy

no u r nt gttin the wrong rates...

i enquired the rates again yesterday and was shocked to get the new rates...
there has been a hike in the prices...

if u r goin in 4 yamaha thn prefer yamaha 563 minimum...
or else go in for Denon 1709...
cant help it man, prices are goin up like anythin...

even from 1st May there is a likely price hike of 10% in Q Acoustics speaker as well...

no no that's not matter, Cambridge Audio - CA 540R receiver price in kolkata above 32k for this reason total HTS price will be very high for this reason i ask about YAMAHA RX-V459, its price in kolkata 22k.

Yamaha 463 is 17.3K in blore. 459 is a old series.

Thanks,
Prakash.

yamaha RX-V463 or higher model not available in kolkata, RX-V459 is available in Rs.22000 with 6 months warranty then tell what should i do ?

yamaha RX-V463 or higher model not available in kolkata, RX-V459 is available in Rs.22000 with 6 months warranty then tell what should i do ?

if its with 6 months warranty thrs smthin fishy, means its used or smthin, as all the products comes in with minimum 1 yr warranty...
Try Denon, or smthing else...
Y u wanna stuck on Yamaha... let me tell u by paying the MRP if u r nt gtting the proper product, thn its no worth...

this was told by Japonica in Sarat Bose road kolkata,they give maximum 6 months warranty and also tell yamaha is better than denon form the side of quality and technology, for this reason i wanna go for yamaha.
if u tell go for denon then i go . but is it true yamaha is better than denon and also can u suggest any other shop or dealer in kolkata for Yamaha.

Sarge, I have been reading this thread with a bit of concern.

Have you personally auditioned the AVR, any of them? Each of these brands have a different sound signature. Some of them are suited for movies, and some are soft in terms of delivering for movies.

It is essential you audition the AVRs, if possible, along with the speakers you are buying before you actually pick up a product.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Sarge,

when there is budget constraint, I suggest make good investment on speaker(s). AVR's technology changes pretty fast but a good speaker stays with you for a long time.

Best way is to listen different varieties of combination and decide on what type of setting suites your taste. (Yamaha is considered bright by some while Marantz/pioneer is considered warm, btw I own a Yamaha and just love it). Among the speakers, Paradigms are considered warm while some consider Klipsch to be bright. If you are graduating from cheap HTIBs to a higher end ones at the beginning all will impress you but listening to different combination will let you know what kind of sound YOU like.

If you are from Kolkata do checkout Japonica for Paradigm. I am not sure about the price, but I found Denon-Paradigm combination quite good in Canada (However it depends on your taste, I personally love Yamaha, buying a 5 or 6 series will be beyond you budget as you had mentioned).

With your budget you might not be able to get able to get a full 5.1 System that you would love for long time but if you start buying decent stuffs (not all at a time) they'll stay with you for long.

Auditioning for HT system is a great experience...best of luck.

Sarge

I want to second Venkat's recommendatoin as you are just going by blind faith and seem to be held hostage by the dealers in Kolkata. I would even make a trip to the nearest city with better flexibility and offerings than the ones you are going to. Also you may want to challenge the dealer if he is giving only 6 months warrantly on the Yamaha.

Also if anyone makes a statement such as "Yamaha having better reliability and sound quality than Denon" is smoking something he should not be.

Yamaha and Denons have relative strengths and weaknesses. I would not dare say one has better quality than the other as I can provide many examples of AVRs that have stood the test of time of atleast 10 years for the 2 brands.

Listen to all equipment before buying and not by someone else's recommendation. Then tell us what you felt like and we can guide to the better fit for your budget and listening tastes.

read around the forum as to what questions people ask before buying equipment.

Sarge,

Can you please check at following locations:
Yamaha Music Square:
13, Camac Street
Kolkata-700017
West Bengal
Ph.: +91-33-2287 9300
+91-33-2287 9200
Email: [email protected]

Yamaha Dealer:
HARMONY HOUSE,
QUEENS MANSION.
12E PARK STREET
KOLKATA - 700071
WEST BENGAL +91-33-2229 8004
+91-33-2229 8373

I think both of them are near by. As far as I remember Park Street and Camac Street are close to each other.
Just give a try at both these places and post the result. I think you will get better deals at htese places.

Sarge, I've heard this combination (but with an Onkyo sub) and it's pretty good for the price. It's better than the 3105 and sch other Onkyo only combos, simply because the Pure Acoustics satellites are pretty good for the price. No idea about the Jamo sub though.

But I don't think you're getting a good price. My friend got an Onkyo 506 with the same speakers and a pretty solid Onkyo sub (204) (plus all cabling) for 33k. Maybe you can bargain a bit more.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back