Home theater in Mumbai

Hi Aakash,

I too am in the market for a HT system, though don't want to go the HTiB route. I can stretch my budget upto 60 - 70 K (including cables etc.)

Would it make sense to go for the Denon AVR 1912 (about 45 K)? If yes, what speakers would be great for it?

Also, apart fro ProFX in Worli, can you please give me names of some good shops?

Sorry, asking a bit much in a first post.

Thanks.
Nikhil

Hi Welcome to HFV
If you spend that much on AVR how can you build the other components with the remaining budget?You can look at one model less ie Denon 1612, you could save a lot which can be used on speakers.

Hi Welcome to HFV
If you spend that much on AVR how can you build the other components with the remaining budget?You can look at one model less ie Denon 1612, you could save a lot which can be used on speakers.

But the price what I'm getting is also too much, not nearer to what u r expecting, about 30K! Can u plz send the link of ur reference.

But the price what I'm getting is also too much, not nearer to what u r expecting, about 30K! Can u plz send the link of ur reference.

Denon 1312 was quoted Rs. 22k (after thorough negotiation) at Profx showroom in Mulund. That was 2-3 months back; now it should be further less. Going by that trend, 1612 should be around Rs. 26k. Check out the current selling price at Profx, it is just Rs. 30k. They wont budge when you negotiate on phone, you need to visit the showroom.

goodsound,
if you are visiting pro-fx mulund, you can as well visit beats 99 neat balrajeshwar mandir (about 500 m before check naka) on your right. the guy there chintamani can suggest you some good options including onkyo and denon- prices are also not too far from being reasonable. some negotiations would of course help.

goodsound,
if you are visiting pro-fx mulund, you can as well visit beats 99 neat balrajeshwar mandir (about 500 m before check naka) on your right. the guy there chintamani can suggest you some good options including onkyo and denon- prices are also not too far from being reasonable. some negotiations would of course help.

I agree. They would be able to offer it at about 5 to 10% less than Profx's best quote. But they are not very professional in handling customers as far as I have experienced. I have made numerous calls to Chintamani and Suhas over there as they did not provide me with a proper bill for my AVR. Even now I am yet to receive the bill. Delivery was also delayed by 3 days from the committed date.

I bought the denon 1612 for 27.5K including shipping charge from an online seller. You should bargain for 26-27K. Don't settle for the lower 1312 model.

I bought the denon 1612 for 27.5K including shipping charge from an online seller. You should bargain for 26-27K. Don't settle for the lower 1312 model.

thats quite good, do you know any where I can exchange my 1312 and which online seller you got urs

It is 220V model and comes with one year official denon warranty. Pls check pm for details about the seller.

if u r very perticular about the budget, then a HTIB would do, like Onkyo. Or else plan for a Denon 1912 and a very good pair of bookshelves to start with. Upgrade as and when the budget permits. You can plan to build the set slowly, this way u can get quality products without spending all in one go.

In HT, the least used unit is the AVR remote. I use it for just selecting the input and change the volume. (Actually I am using my harmony urc which is programmed to all the necessary actions). I don't think denon remote and in whole the AVR difficult to handle. Actually in denon 1612 all inputs have dedicated buttons and there are four quick selection buttons to which you can save your favourite inputs with your personal settings like initial volume, DSP settings etc. Also dedicated buttons are given for audio modes like Music, Movie, Game, Straight etc.

Need your advice for a HT set up...

Hi Guyz,

I am a new addition to this fantastic forum on hifi audio system.

Wish you all a merry Christmas & happy new year first.

I have gone thru lots of discussion points on this forum & this is my first post here.

I am trying to build my 1st HT set up & would need you valuable inputs to achieve this

My budget is around 70-75 K.
My preferences are 70% music & 30% movies.
I have a Samsung 32' LCD TV & room size is approx 180 - 200 sq. ft.

After going thru lots of threads, it seems that Marantz or Denon will be a good choice for me. However, I have called several stores in Mumbai & will go for a demo to decide.

Also, I am thinking that if I don't get a good combination, can I get a good AV receiver & 2 floor standing towers so that later on I can gradually build up the full HT 5.1 system.

Here, I need some advice-

1- Is Marantz or Denon will be the best option for my requirements or I should try some other options also?

2- If yes, ideally, what speakers I should look for ? Wharfedale or Mordaunt Short or any others?

3. I've seen a ad for Marantz SR 5005 AV Receiver in India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart at 35 K which looks to be an attractive price.
Is this website/price/product reliable?

4. In the same site, Wharfedale DIAMOND 10.4 & Wharfedale Obsidian 600 HT Package at 35 / 36 K? How are these speakers? Are they compatible with the Marantz SR 5005?

Will highly appreciate your kind feedback on these points.

Thanks

Hector:)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back