Home theater in Mumbai

goodsound

Hi All,
I just joined this forum. Im from Mumbai. Im planning to buy a home theater within Rs/-40000. My living room size is 18x14ft. Im having Sony TV and blue ray player. So can anyone please suggest me some good options accordingly. My requirement is good quality sound for movies and music and system with smaller size preferable for space constraint.
Thanks in advance.

Onkyo 3400 or Denon 1611 + Polk RM75 combination will be within that budget and they take much less space

I also second that. The Onkyo 3400 will be more suitable for your setup. I have the same setup, believe me it will rattle the room with good sound.

Anyway, I don't want to impose anything. It's just my opinion. But please see the performance of both the Onkyo 3400 and the Denon 1611+polk combo before deciding one.

Best of luck and Happy hunting.

Onkyo 3400 is available with Reliance Digital, also most Croma & Vijay sales stores have it. Check out the one near your place of stay.

Hi All,
I just joined this forum. Im from Mumbai. Im planning to buy a home theater within Rs/-40000. My living room size is 18x14ft. Im having Sony TV and blue ray player. So can anyone please suggest me some good options accordingly. My requirement is good quality sound for movies and music and system with smaller size preferable for space constraint.
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am happy you have a decent budget but you need to get the facts right. Im glad you have not bought anything yet, which is great so you can make a wise decision. Since you have a budget of 40k, let me show you what is recommended from top to bottom:

1. Seperates : receiver + 5.1 speaker system
2. HTIB : eg denon 1312 XP, onkyo HTS 3400

HTIBs are great for people who do not have a budget or do not want to go throught the hassle of selecting components. Since you have a budget, I would eliminate option 2 and go straight with option 1.

Lets talk about seperates : receiver + 5.1 speaker system
Denon 1312 is a great entry level budget receiver. Enhancing the home theater experience, the Denon AVR-1312 5.1 Home Theater Receiver blends quality performance and convenient features. Offering the latest inputs, this powerful receiver features advanced processing that brings out the best in your Blu-ray/DVD players, game consoles, and other entertainment devices. The AVR-1312 supports high-resolution audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, for a dynamic surround-sound listening experience. It also supports HDMI 1.4a, allowing you to get the most out of 3D content. Enhanced by convenient digital inputs, including a dock connectivity option for iPod and iPhone, the AVR-1312 serves as a quality foundation for your home theater system.

5.1 speaker systems:
JBL Cinema 300
Polk Audio RM6750
Wharfedale Moviestar 65+
Boston Acoustics Soundware XS (my pick)
Jamo 102HCS5

All the above are great systems, not sure about pricing. Please try to demo 1312 with either of the above systems and then decide. If you still want to go for HTIB systems then the Denon 1312XP with active subwoofer is better than onkyo HTS 340.

all the best!!!

There is no authorized dealer in Mumbai as per Denon web site:sad:. How you people select to buy? Just seeing the specification? where I can find it in mumbai, any idea?

Hi All,
Thanks in advance.

As suggested in previous posts Onkyo HT-S3400 would come well under your budget. But if you could slightly increase your budget by approximately 10,000 rupees, you can get Onkyo HT-S5400. It is 7.1 channel system with 1030 watts RMS while Onkyo HT-S3400 is a 5.1 channel system having 660 watts RMS.

Hi Everyone,

Iam searching for my first HT setup and with the help of you guys iam sure will get that system.

My preferences are 70% music and rest is movies. Iam not concentrating on buying center and surround for the time being.

I have been to Pro FX Mulund(Mumbai) and have auditioned the below package

Denon 1612 + Tower speakers KEF C series C5 + KEF C4 200Watt Sub

Denon 1612 + Polk Tower speakers TSi 400 + PSW 125 300Watt Sub

Which of the above package do you guys think would be good in terms of music? also can u suggest some better package

How about the following package which was suggested to me by a dealer ( Deonon 1612+ JBL studio one series speakers). Does this combination work well.

Please advise.

Regards,
Srijith

I was not in Mumbai for few days. So not able to participate. I tried to find your option at Vashi Hypercity. But except Yamaha no other models are available. Can you pl tell me where in Navi Mumbai (preferred) I can check these options? Thanks.

I was not in Mumbai for few days. So not able to participate. I tried to find your option at Vashi Hypercity. But except Yamaha no other models are available. Can you pl tell me where in Navi Mumbai (preferred) I can check these options? Thanks.

you can check out Denon AVRs and some good speaker options at 5.1 sounds Nerul, off Palm beach road. The guy there, i think Anup, is quite helpful and has good knowledge.

Hi, I am happy you have a decent budget but you need to get the facts right. Im glad you have not bought anything yet, which is great so you can make a wise decision. Since you have a budget of 40k, let me show you what is recommended from top to bottom:

1. Seperates : receiver + 5.1 speaker system
2. HTIB : eg denon 1312 XP, onkyo HTS 3400

HTIBs are great for people who do not have a budget or do not want to go throught the hassle of selecting components. Since you have a budget, I would eliminate option 2 and go straight with option 1.

Lets talk about seperates : receiver + 5.1 speaker system
Denon 1312 is a great entry level budget receiver. Enhancing the home theater experience, the Denon AVR-1312 5.1 Home Theater Receiver blends quality performance and convenient features. Offering the latest inputs, this powerful receiver features advanced processing that brings out the best in your Blu-ray/DVD players, game consoles, and other entertainment devices. The AVR-1312 supports high-resolution audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, for a dynamic surround-sound listening experience. It also supports HDMI 1.4a, allowing you to get the most out of 3D content. Enhanced by convenient digital inputs, including a dock connectivity option for iPod and iPhone, the AVR-1312 serves as a quality foundation for your home theater system.

5.1 speaker systems:
JBL Cinema 300
Polk Audio RM6750
Wharfedale Moviestar 65+
Boston Acoustics Soundware XS (my pick)
Jamo 102HCS5

All the above are great systems, not sure about pricing. Please try to demo 1312 with either of the above systems and then decide. If you still want to go for HTIB systems then the Denon 1312XP with active subwoofer is better than onkyo HTS 340.

all the best!!!

Budget increased to 65-70K max. Got an idea that it is not possible to have a decent system within 45K. Now any new better options?

Hi Aakash,

I too am in the market for a HT system, though don't want to go the HTiB route. I can stretch my budget upto 60 - 70 K (including cables etc.)

Would it make sense to go for the Denon AVR 1912 (about 45 K)? If yes, what speakers would be great for it?

Also, apart fro ProFX in Worli, can you please give me names of some good shops?

Sorry, asking a bit much in a first post.

Thanks.
Nikhil

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back