Home theater room - need advice

Ranjith, I'm by no way an expert in this. You might find more details from the site. All I remember is an episode from Monster House where Steve Watson was making a home theater for one of his clients and he did a similar exercise of building a parallel wooden framed wall and filled it up with foam. This was supposed to acoustically isolate the HT room from the living room.

Best regards.

Monster house serial ?? Any idea which episode that wud be ?? Anyway I will search around for more info....

Ranjith, I'm by no way an expert in this...... This was supposed to acoustically isolate the HT room from the living room.

Best regards.

Monster house serial ?? Any idea which episode that wud be ?? Anyway I will search around for more info....

@Unleash_me and Ranjith:
Check out this thread, it will give you an idea.

I am also doing the same in my Home Theatre Build. The wooden frame is being fitted as I type. Filling with "fibreglass wool" will come later. I will be posting picture later today. Watch this space:).

@Unleash_me and Ranjith:
Check out this thread, it will give you an idea.

I am also doing the same in my Home Theatre Build. The wooden frame is being fitted as I type. Filling with "fibreglass wool" will come later. I will be posting picture later today. Watch this space:).

Hi Santhol I will check the RED THEATER thread once I reach home (now in office and image hosting sites are blocked so cant view the pics posted there!!) and as I said earlier I am following your thread also regularly......

Sumit, thanks for the writing. Figure of speech? :yahoo:. We are already helping so much renjith, you can see i have much more writing then you, you will be cooler, once winter arrives in December:yahoo:

Any idea why renjith is lying low with his queries?

Vinay.

Vinay, my friend...there is no 'lying' involved. It was a figure-of-speech. Thats it!! Now lets get together to help Renjith here. Hope all is cool.
Looking forward to see your HT.

Cheers!!

Last edited:
Thanks for understanding my point of view.

Vinay.

Hi Vinay again I am sorry for not responding thru this thread...let me make it clear that it was not because I dont value or appreciate your advices but just coz of few other issues.I can understand your anger coz you have put those points to help me and even after 2-3 days you didnt see me replying to this thread instead I posted in another thread...even I wud be angry if someone do this to me.Anyway now I hope everything is clear....

I think you are doing a terrible mistake by buying the av equipments now, once you have bought them the warranty count down will begin, so imagine for 6/9 months without much using them, the warranty period will be phasing out and then not to forget importantly that you will be using in full fledged the gadgets only in middle of next year, so by then how many new models would have come out?

Vinay

I am planning for the equipments now itself coz I will be going to India in sep/october so if possible I can take atleast few items with me.The falt will be ready by next May/june only and if I am going in May/june that will be for my wedding (if it doesnt happen in Mar/apr) and then I dont think my concentration will be on AUDIO/VIDEO equipments (!!!) so I thought I will buy stuff when I am free and bachelor...

I think you are doing a terrible mistake by buying the av equipments now, once you have bought them the warranty count down will begin, so imagine for 6/9 months without much using them, the warranty period will be phasing out and then not to forget importantly that you will be using in full fledged the gadgets only in middle of next year, so by then how many new models would have come out?

Vinay

This is also true...I think the only main concerns will be warranty and the price (prices drop down drastically for older models as soon as the new model comes out or new technology comes out or as tym passes!!)...Anyway it will take few more months more for the builder to reach the 2nd floor...he mailed me 2 days back stating the roofing work for 1st floor is almost completed...so by the time he reaches there I think SANTHOL's theater will be ready and I can get feedback from him regarding how it went....and I hope I can visit you (Vinay) and experience ur theater.....At present I am a lil distracted coz of a new found love (???)...not anything concrete but scope for hope is there!!!

Vinay

Very valid points Vinay. Another thing is the price also keeps dropping. So if you have decided what you want to buy, you will get it for a much lesser price. In my case, I have most of the components already but will wait till the Home Theatre is ready to buy Projector, Plasma, Buttkicker etc to benefit from latest technology, warranty, best value for money.

....So by the time he reaches there I think SANTHOL's theater will be ready and I can get feedback from him regarding how it went

I hope I get mine right:). I am implementing what I have read here and other international forums/articles and have hopefully gotten. But, like they say "The proof of the pudding is in the eating". So will let you know how it went. Wish me luck mate!! BTW, I have updated my thread with pictures, please have a look.

Very valid points Vinay. Another thing is the price also keeps dropping. So if you have decided what you want to buy, you will get it for a much lesser price. In my case, I have most of the components already but will wait till the Home Theatre is ready to buy Projector, Plasma, Buttkicker etc to benefit from latest technology, warranty, best value for money.

I hope I get mine right:). I am implementing what I have read here and other international forums/articles and have hopefully gotten. But, like they say "The proof of the pudding is in the eating". So will let you know how it went. Wish me luck mate!! BTW, I have updated my thread with pictures, please have a look.

"Haste makes waste" isnt it ?? I bought a receiver without HDMI few months back and now I can HDMI capable receiver for the same or lesser price but cant find a buyer for my existing receiver coz nobody wants to buy a NO-HDMI receiver.....I decided to buy a Bluray player and after doing some reasearch I understood that my existing receiver cannot give me the full capacity of Bluray audio without HDMI...so no bluray for now....I ordered my WD TV thru ebay (I didnt do a research about the price then) and paid abt 70 Omani Rials (almost 8K INR) but then after few days (it wasnt there when I searched before ordering thru EBAY) I saw the same thing in shops for about 45 rials (now its 40 rials)......

Dont worry Santhosh...you will succeed in ur project....our prayers are with you.....

Renjith, I would say that you are on the right track as the construction of the building is still on, so you can have some of the changes etc at the grass root level, this factor can go in great favour to you, if handled correctly.

Vinay.

it will take few more months more for the builder to reach the 2nd floor...he mailed me 2 days back stating the roofing work for 1st floor is almost completed...so by the time he reaches there I think SANTHOL's theater will be ready and I can get feedback from him regarding how it went....and I hope I can visit you (Vinay) and experience ur theatre

Santho12, It is very true for what you write on price and technology. There is a projector now in the market with a lamp life of 30,000 hours, while in general the lamp is around 3,000 hours only. It is good that you will buy the prime gadgets at a later date.

Vinay.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back