Home theater setup under 1 lakhs

neerajbisht

Hi,
I am looking to upgrade my previous home theater setup in Bangalore. The budget for receiver and 5.1 speakers is 1 lakh +-10%.
I am looking for the following features -
1) 4k support with HDCP 2.2
2) Usage is 70% movies and 30% music.
3) Good Wireless connectivity in the receiver.
4) The listening are is 15 * 13 ft.
5) 7.1 support is not necessarily needed. I am fine with 5.1

Based on these I have finalised the following options:
1) Pioneer Andrew Jones 5.1 speaker
2) Yamaha 679 receiver.

What do experts think about this choice? Can I do better than this in my budget? Also can somebody point me to stores where I can audition these?

Last edited:
Hi,
Yamaha 679 is very good AVR but AFAIK, Yamaha x79 series in not available in India at present. Onkyo NR-636/646/838 are other common AVR models you can consider if HDCP 2.2 is required. Aj speakers are good as always!

I had an audition at DNI Bellandur. I auditioned both the Andrew jones and Dali Zensor 5 floorstanders. He hadn't setup the 5.1. Will go again tomorrow.

Overall playing flacs on Andrew Jones left me disappointed. Playing William Tell Overture on Pioneers highlighted the flaws in the speakers. In contrast the Dalis performed really well.
Is this experience normal or was it a configuration issue? Is there so much difference in quality between the Dalis and Andrew Jones?

Av receiver and standing speaker with budget 60k

Hi I m Natarajan from chennai & new to this forum.
I would like to buy an av receiver and standing speaker initially.i like to build system slowly.
Pls suggested me the brands and my budget is 60k.

Thanks..

Hi all I am new to this forum
pls suggest me a receiver and standing speaker for budget of 60k

Natarajan
Chennai

Thanks

For a 15 x 13 feet room and movies more than music, consider BS/Sat + Sub based systems than a FS....

Most AVR today support 4K, but not sure abt HDCP 2.2..

How were the FLAC played on those speakers?

I had suggested Pioneer AJ SP 52 FS to one of my friend recently who was on a tight budget... They are really good for the price 25K... How much is Zensor 5?

The Zensor 5.1 along with Yamaha 679 would cost me 1.7 lakhs while the Pioneers with the 679 would cost me 1 lakhs. Are Zensors worth the extra 70k?

Dali Zensor speakers are very good in their category. Do an audition to decide.
You may need to check HDCP 2.2 with 60fps 4K that are available in India.
You can consider Denon /Onkyo /Yamaha - DTS x & Dolby atmos decoding receivers (7.2 channel) which may give 3 dimensional immersive surround experience. Earlier this was available for flagship models and now it starts from midrange models which may be affordable. Please check for the availability if you are interested.

Re: Av receiver and standing speaker with budget 60k

I would like to buy an av receiver and standing speaker initially.i like to build system slowly.

Thanks..

hello,
I own a Pioneer Todoroki series which is really good. I bought it from Home Audio solutions HAS in koyembedu..... I suggest this as I found it the most value for money solution. Thanks.

Re: Av receiver and standing speaker with budget 60k

Thanks..

Hi Natarajan,

Do you have any plan to complete your HT system in 5.1 ??
as of now its sounds you want only Stereo setup (2 Tower Speakers) and AVR
or you want all standing speaker and AVR ?

If you only want stereo setup, then Low power AMP (like pioneer 329 will work fine
You can consider following
Pioneer AVR VSX-329 (Stereo)
Pioneer AVR VSX-529 (5.1 Spkr setup)
Denon X500 (5.1 Spkr Setup)

Only Tower (Standing) speaker you can go for
Taga Harmony Platinum F-90 SL Floorstanding Speaker (Pair)
Wharfedale Diamond 155 Floorstanding Speakers (Pair)
Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3 Floorstanding Loudspeaker (Pair)
you can also consider Boston Acoustics

but if you are looking complete 5.1 speaker setup with AVR in (60K)
then I think Todoroki by Pioneer and Pioneer AVR-529 or Denon-x500 will fit in your budget
and by extending budget you can go for Entry level HT system with Pioneer AJ 5.1 and Denon x500 or Pioneer 529 AVR setup (within 70K)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back