Home theater system for HDTV (Panasonic SC-XH155)

Thank You!

price is 21k.

Still waiting for delivery. They said it will be delivered till today evening.

Last edited:
IMAG2106.jpgI bought if from Reliance digital. (only store where Yamaha models are available)

I will submit the review before this weekend. Still need to setup the system.

Last edited:
Sorry for delay response!

Finally setup the whole things. I don't have any player right now.

Now the current setups are:

1. Panasonic plasma 42 x30d + YHT-196 (using ARC)
2. Panasonic plasma 42 x30d + HP pav laptop + YHT-196 (Laptop --> TV for video + laptop -->yht for audio, if video file not supported by tv media player: this for some mkv files)

Setup 1:

Yesterday watched Avatar. Experience was awesome. In brief:

Value for money: 4.5/5
Performance: 4/5

My planned was to replicate the theater experience at home, now I have 90% succeed on this plan. 10% things are missing because I don't have proper inputs for yht like blu ray or dvd player but still its giving brilliant performance.

Setup 2: Still need to watch something on this setup. Yesterday tried some 320kbps Mp3. It was working perfectly. I also tried some Indian classical music like flute, sitar, tabla concert and it works like charm.

I will give you details review in next few days.

Last edited:
So will stick to this thread for more details.. :D

BTW what was the source of the avatar..from any TV channels (as u haven't mentioned this.??)

Please check the more detail review:

Initial setup: I calibrated the speakers using test tone and using Sound Meter android app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.sira.sound). I deliberately increase some volume level of rear speakers and sub-woofers.

Audio (128kbps, 320kbps mp3): I listened mostly 320kbps mp3 music. As I don't have any DVD or blu ray player so I can't comment on actual DVD quality music output on this system.
I am not very much impressed with mp3 output from this system as the its running only on 2 channel and there was not much difference from my earlier mp3 listening (from TV media player using tv LR speaker). The only thing changed is, now i can listen loud music which I don't like. I also tried some other DSP settings but result was not much different.

To test the actual 5 channel output I listened few HD video with ac3 sound. After listening these ac3 audio supported video I see the actual power of this system. It was awesome.

So if you only want to use this system for mp3 listening then I would say think again then decide.

Movies: Yesterday I watched Amazing Spiderman (blu ray version from usb) and as expected, experience was extraordinary.

FM Radio: I have listened radio on TV and now listening on this system. I don't see much improvement on radio audio quality other then loud music and some extra bass.

you will love the system if you feed DD or true DTS signal.....even at 30 percent volume...
only way is from a dvd player hdmi or a blu ray player hdmi or from tata sky hd hdmi.....try it later ..no hurry

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back