Home Theater with Sonodyne Speakers

mani_harish

Dear All,

I am planning to set up my first home theater system. The primary usage would be movies and songs. I am planning to get the following items (would need your suggestions and input )

a) Denon AVR - avrx 1400H - 7.2 channel system (price in amazon and alpha in mumbai is 42000)
b) Sonodyne 5.1 system comprising of Roarr 1210 subwoofer, 4 *genie 2 speakers and 1* genie 2c speaker (MRP is 69440 as per portal)

My question to the connoisseurs is - how good would be this system? would it be future proof?

Also i am not able to get enough sonodyne dealers in mumbai. I read somewhere that sonodyne's latest subwoofer S10 is much better .....so should i replace roarr 1210 with S10 or go for higher power Roarr 1310 (which is 300 watt RMS !!!)

thanks
Mani H

a) Denon AVR - avrx 1400H - 7.2 channel system (price in amazon and alpha in mumbai is 42000)

Good choice of AVR.. Sellers on amazon would usually offer seller warranty (grey product).. So buy it whichever route / deal is flexible in negotiating the price (from authorised dealer (or) offline market)..

how good would be this system? would it be future proof?

The 5.2.2 AVR is capable of latest gen audio (Atmos / Dts X), which itself is a future proof.. It should pass through 4K, but not sure of upscaling.. But you may want to take a detailed looked in to specs if you are keen on 4K..

Also i am not able to get enough sonodyne dealers in mumbai.

These days Sonodyne is more into professional audio.. Please reach out to Sonodyne toll free / customer care for a list of dealers in your city.. (or) best reach them on facebook and they should help you with details..

I read somewhere that sonodyne's latest subwoofer S10 is much better .....so should i replace roarr 1210 with S10 or go for higher power Roarr 1310 (which is 300 watt RMS !!!)

Always good to take reviews with a pinch of salt, until & unless backed by data (proof of actually better)..

Sonodyne 5.1 system
MRP is 69440 as per portal

I suppose you have a good budget of 70K, why restrict it to 5.1 & not 5.1.2 (Over head speakers for Atmos)?.. for 70K budget, there are plenty of options to consider..

Dear All,

I am planning to set up my first home theater system. The primary usage would be movies and songs. I am planning to get the following items (would need your suggestions and input )

b) Sonodyne 5.1 system comprising of Roarr 1210 subwoofer, 4 *genie 2 speakers and 1* genie 2c speaker (MRP is 69440 as per portal)

My question to the connoisseurs is - how good would be this system? would it be future proof?

Also i am not able to get enough sonodyne dealers in mumbai. I read somewhere that sonodyne's latest subwoofer S10 is much better .....so should i replace roarr 1210 with S10 or go for higher power Roarr 1310 (which is 300 watt RMS !!!)

thanks
Mani H

Hi

Sonodyne had a stall for the What Hi Fi show and yes the S10 is indeed a good sub.....

Google searches yielded this address

https://www.sulekha.com/sonodyne-electronics-co-pvt-ltd-andheri-east-mumbai-contact-address

Call on these numbers 022 67936464 and 67930423.....

Bargain with them....S10 retail is close to 44k and they were ready to sell at 40k.........

I liked their demo...i have uploaded pics under the thread What Hi Fi Show...have a look....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back