Home Theater

marsilin

Hi,

recently purchased a LCD HD TV. i wish to buy a Home Theater system. Budget is arnd 40-50k. im a total novice with regds to HT. i stay in bangalore. pls advice

rgds

marsilin

Options :

Onkyo HT package. Approx 20k. Any eZone store.

Wharfedale HCP with a Yamaha Receiver: 40k approx. Talk to Decibels Inc. Anandkumar in GEM Plaza Infantry Road.

Jamo: Check in the Jamo studio in Garuda Mall. Demo also available in eZone.

denon also has a package like onkyo. dont know the price. For denon, visit the PROFX store in Barton Center.

You need to decide wether you want to watch movies more or listen to music more on the HT. Take some CDs with your most favourite tracks along and play the same tracks at all the auditions. This way you can compare what you like.

Hi,

recently purchased a LCD HD TV. i wish to buy a Home Theater system. Budget is arnd 40-50k. im a total novice with regds to HT. i stay in bangalore. pls advice

rgds

marsilin

Marsilin

Welcome to the forum buddy...

Anyways, what LCD you purchased...???

And in for HT setup, what kind of music you love to hear, and what will be the ratio for music & movies...???

IMO, if you are not eager to get the complete HT package in one shot, then build it slowly & advisely...
In that way, at the end of the day you will be satisfied with what you invested...

In begining go for a pair of Bi-Pole speakers (Mordaunt Short, Wharfedale)...
Then go in for a budget amp (Cambridge Audio, Marantz, Denon)...
In this you will shell out your budget upto 50-55K, then
after a while you can move on upgrading your system to 5.1/7.1, as the amp you gonna buy will be a 7.1 reciever, so can update anytime...

Regards

Mridul

hi

thanks for the reply

purchased sony bravia w series LCD

listen to all types of music, prefer the 80-90s rock, old hindi songs, love watching live shows. it will be 60% for music, 40% movies.

whr can i buy the spks nd amp mentioned below. im based in bangalore

rgds

Marsilin

Hi !
If you have gone thru' this link,you must have realised the choices.
I have just two choices for you.-
1. If you want all in one set up ,try Onkyo HT-SR800 .It is a 7.1 channel system with hdmi inputs[2] and in future ,if u buy a blu-ray player with internal decoder for hd sound,it also has 7.1 channel input.
Should cost u in your budget.

2.If you want to build from seperates, go for Onkyo TX-SR 606 AVR with 4 hdmi in and on board hd sound decoding [36,000/=]and pair in with Wharfdale Diamond 9HCP [5.1] and add 2 spaekers later on[5.1 should cost around 30-35,000/=]. Of course, seperates will cost more but it will be worth it.
It all depends on your requirements.
Happy hunting !

mridul,
even diamond has a 9DFS for dipole. but, i would try to stay away from dipoles at the entry level for 2 reasons:
1. dipoles are more room sensitive and needs a very careful placement. so, preferable only if there is a dedicated room for the home theatre according to me.
2. dipole requires 2*drivers and 2*tweeters and hence the idea is that for the same cost normal bookshelf should have a better driver. But, this is not a general rule, just that atleast in entry level bookshelves do a better job that dipoles.
these are just my thoughts :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back