home theater

Dear prosenjit yes i appreciate your input ...yes preout seems to be major difference..i will able to do audition next week only in mgf gurgaon... they have both denon and marntaz...5007 really going to squeezed my budget...let us see how things goes

Dear prosenjit yamaha 820 seems to have pre out....can you comment on it ..can i compare it with 5007..will do audition next week...thanks for your support

dear buddy
finally i have short listed denon 2113 and yamaha vx673....for avr....Please let me know good place for them in ncr ...i would like to take audition next week....thank rupam ...prosenjit..Thtpro and many other expert...

Last edited:
Dear prosenjit yes i appreciate your input ...yes preout seems to be major difference..i will able to do audition next week only in mgf gurgaon... they have both denon and marntaz...5007 really going to squeezed my budget...let us see how things goes

You can also check AVR's from Onkyo if you want to, MGF is a good place for audio equipment's. They have Jamo/Marantz/Onkyo/Denon/Focal/Kef/Klipsch/Sherwood/Bose.

prosenjit

Reputation points: 282

Re: home theater
yes yamaha 820 is also a good model..
audition is imp...

Dear buddy
yamaha 820 not available for audition ...they say i need to specially order it

devilwearsprada

Reputation points: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra
You can also check AVR's from Onkyo if you want to, MGF is a good place for audio equipment's. They have Jamo/Marantz/Onkyo/Denon/Focal/Kef/Klipsch/Sherwood/Bose.

i will visit that place

let me know place for yamaha too

devilwearsprada

Reputation points: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra

i will visit that place

let me know place for yamaha too

Well, Yamaha showroom at MGF is under a revamp, try Sound Lounge at Aaya Nagar- They have a lot of brands, including Tannoy and Wharfedale.

prosenjit

Reputation points: 285

yamaha avr will do....not that speacially 820 is needed to identify the sound signature..

Great....

but as per ur room size...
i suggest u..
if u dont ahve any plan to move in a big room
1713 or like will do

but yes if budget is not a problem..

a pre out avr and a separate power amp set up is of no match.....

so think acordingly

Please help me out .......

let me know how it work in denon for multi zone

yamaha 673 says so for multizone....

Intelligent Amp Assign

Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what functions are selected. For example, in a 7.1-channel system, when Zone 2 is off, all 7.1 channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two Surround Back channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2, and the Main Zone will receive 5.1 channels of power. Similarly, when CINEMA DSP 3D is on, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two Surround Back speakers. When CINEMA DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed. Thanks to Intelligent Amp Assign, theres no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the receiverone more way Yamaha makes your life a little easier.

Last edited:
Mitra, I think you're going the wrong way here. Stop worrying about AVRs and their features for now. Do this...

- First decide your final budget which you can (or are willing to) spend on the avr+speakers for now.
- Then decide if you want to get all 5 (or 7) speakers, avr and subwoofer right now based on your current budget Or you want to start with the minimum required stuff (ie 2 front speakers and avr) with your current budget and then add the rest (Center channel, surround speakers, subwoofer) later once you have more funds. Benefits of this approach will be that in the end, you'll get a much better system. Disadvantages will be that it would take a much longer time before you can truly enjoy your DVD/blurays in surround sound. Also, it'll be a costlier option. Both have their benefits and only you can decide which way you want to go.

Once these two decisions are finalised, start looking for speakers. Forum members here will help you figure out which ones in your budget you should check out. No speaker can be auditioned without the avr (or a dedicated amplifier but avoid those unless you are willing to spend even more on the power amps) so you'll be auditioning both. Make sure you note down the avr model used to power the speakers. Post your impressions and details here after the audition. FMs will let you know in case the speakers were paired with the wrong avr. In which case you can either try something else or ask the dealer to demo the speakers with some other avr if possible.

Just reading the specs of avr and speakers won't help you at all. Start auditioning and you'll start undertanding most of the stuff. Only after audition you'll be able to figure out if all these expensive AVRs and speakers are worth it for you.

Just my two cents :)

Mitra, I think you're going the wrong way here. Stop worrying about AVRs and their features for now. Do this...

- First decide your final budget which you can (or are willing to) spend on the avr+speakers for now.
- Then decide if you want to get all 5 (or 7) speakers, avr and subwoofer right now based on your current budget Or you want to start with the minimum required stuff (ie 2 front speakers and avr) with your current budget and then add the rest (Center channel, surround speakers, subwoofer) later once you have more funds. Benefits of this approach will be that in the end, you'll get a much better system. Disadvantages will be that it would take a much longer time before you can truly enjoy your DVD/blurays in surround sound. Also, it'll be a costlier option. Both have their benefits and only you can decide which way you want to go.

Once these two decisions are finalised, start looking for speakers. Forum members here will help you figure out which ones in your budget you should check out. No speaker can be auditioned without the avr (or a dedicated amplifier but avoid those unless you are willing to spend even more on the power amps) so you'll be auditioning both. Make sure you note down the avr model used to power the speakers. Post your impressions and details here after the audition. FMs will let you know in case the speakers were paired with the wrong avr. In which case you can either try something else or ask the dealer to demo the speakers with some other avr if possible.

Just reading the specs of avr and speakers won't help you at all. Start auditioning and you'll start undertanding most of the stuff. Only after audition you'll be able to figure out if all these expensive AVRs and speakers are worth it for you.

Just my two cents :)

Dear Buddy
appreciate your input....thanks :signthankspin: well i want to go with the minimum required stuff (ie 2 front speakers and avr) with my current budget (70 k can stretch to 80 K) and then add the rest (Center channel, surround speakers, subwoofer) later ....Please guide me further......i will be coming to delhi on 4th ...looking forward for sound lounge....

Dear Buddy
appreciate your input....thanks :signthankspin: well i want to go with the minimum required stuff (ie 2 front speakers and avr) with my current budget (70 k can stretch to 80 K) and then add the rest (Center channel, surround speakers, subwoofer) later ....Please guide me further......i will be coming to delhi on 4th ...looking forward for sound lounge....

That's a very good decision. Mind you, I'm not an expert in hifi either and am still on the hunt to figure out the best setup I can get for me. You and I in fact have similar requirements. Room size is mostly same (mine is 25x16) and I think you'll end up spending the same amount as me (1.5L) in the end. Right now I've set my eyes on Marantz 6006 for avr (Rs 52k) and MS aviano 6 or 8 (FS), aviano 5 (Center), aviano 1 or 2 (surrounds) and aviano 7/9 for subwoofer. Unfortunately the importer for MS speakers is having some issues and is mostly out of stock. So only could try out the aviano 6 FS paired with a power amp.

Now that I've selected the speakers, the first thing I'm doing is place an order for marantz 6006 as I'm pretty much certain about that avr no matter wha the speakers. Once my avr is here, I plan to carry it along and demo avianos and some other FS in the same range before I make the final decision. I've selected the marantz mostly coz its a decent enough avr for the price and comes with the pre outs options to add more power in the future if there is a need for it. Wasn't considering a power amp earlier but the aviano 6 demo with CA power amp blew every other demo experience I had with other speakers paired with AVRs. Now it maybe that avianos are better sounding (to my ears) speakers than whatever else I tried so far Or it was all due to power amp. In any case, my avr budget had already increased to 40+ so adding another ~10k for future upgradability sounded like a good idea.

Btw, in delhi, you should also check out Bass n Treble (in ghittorni). One of the best dealers I've encountered so far. They don't have MS speakers but do have some good range with wharfedales, polk and a lot of other brands. I'll be getting my avr from them for sure if not the speakers.

Also, av expo will be held in delhi from 8-10 march. That should be a good one stop destination to check out some high end gear.

That's a very good decision. Mind you, I'm not an expert in hifi either and am still on the hunt to figure out the best setup I can get for me. You and I in fact have similar requirements. Room size is mostly same (mine is 25x16) and I think you'll end up spending the same amount as me (1.5L) in the end. Right now I've set my eyes on Marantz 6006 for avr (Rs 52k) and MS aviano 6 or 8 (FS), aviano 5 (Center), aviano 1 or 2 (surrounds) and aviano 7/9 for subwoofer. Unfortunately the importer for MS speakers is having some issues and is mostly out of stock. So only could try out the aviano 6 FS paired with a power amp.

Now that I've selected the speakers, the first thing I'm doing is place an order for marantz 6006 as I'm pretty much certain about that avr no matter wha the speakers. Once my avr is here, I plan to carry it along and demo avianos and some other FS in the same range before I make the final decision. I've selected the marantz mostly coz its a decent enough avr for the price and comes with the pre outs options to add more power in the future if there is a need for it. Wasn't considering a power amp earlier but the aviano 6 demo with CA power amp blew every other demo experience I had with other speakers paired with AVRs. Now it maybe that avianos are better sounding (to my ears) speakers than whatever else I tried so far Or it was all due to power amp. In any case, my avr budget had already increased to 40+ so adding another ~10k for future upgradability sounded like a good idea.

Btw, in delhi, you should also check out Bass n Treble (in ghittorni). One of the best dealers I've encountered so far. They don't have MS speakers but do have some good range with wharfedales, polk and a lot of other brands. I'll be getting my avr from them for sure if not the speakers.

Also, av expo will be held in delhi from 8-10 march. That should be a good one stop destination to check out some high end gear.

Thats great ....i am in touch with them and planning to visit them next week...:yahoo: how ever i will be in Bangalore around 8 to 10 so will miss out av expo.....:sad:....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back