home theater

Bangalore! I've never been there but acc to forum members, that's the best place in india if you are an audio enthusiast. Lots of brands available there and dealers are reportedly much nicer than the ones you'd find in delhi (or north India for that matters) who are more interested in pushing you for a sale and less interested in giving you complete auditions (of course exceptions like Bass n treble are always there). If you are visiting there, try to extend your stay by a day or two for whatever speakers you aren't able to audition in delhi.

That's a very good decision. Mind you, I'm not an expert in hifi either and am still on the hunt to figure out the best setup I can get for me. You and I in fact have similar requirements. Room size is mostly same (mine is 25x16) and I think you'll end up spending the same amount as me (1.5L) in the end. Right now I've set my eyes on Marantz 6006 for avr (Rs 52k) and MS aviano 6 or 8 (FS), aviano 5 (Center), aviano 1 or 2 (surrounds) and aviano 7/9 for subwoofer. Unfortunately the importer for MS speakers is having some issues and is mostly out of stock. So only could try out the aviano 6 FS paired with a power amp.

Now that I've selected the speakers, the first thing I'm doing is place an order for marantz 6006 as I'm pretty much certain about that avr no matter wha the speakers. Once my avr is here, I plan to carry it along and demo avianos and some other FS in the same range before I make the final decision. I've selected the marantz mostly coz its a decent enough avr for the price and comes with the pre outs options to add more power in the future if there is a need for it. Wasn't considering a power amp earlier but the aviano 6 demo with CA power amp blew every other demo experience I had with other speakers paired with AVRs. Now it maybe that avianos are better sounding (to my ears) speakers than whatever else I tried so far Or it was all due to power amp. In any case, my avr budget had already increased to 40+ so adding another ~10k for future upgradability sounded like a good idea.

Btw, in delhi, you should also check out Bass n Treble (in ghittorni). One of the best dealers I've encountered so far. They don't have MS speakers but do have some good range with wharfedales, polk and a lot of other brands. I'll be getting my avr from them for sure if not the speakers.

Also, av expo will be held in delhi from 8-10 march. That should be a good one stop destination to check out some high end gear.

True that, about Bass and Treble, Ghitorni.
They are the only one's selling Wharfedale's in NCR, but for Polk I would recommend Denon Studio, MGF. :)

Bangalore! I've never been there but acc to forum members, that's the best place in india if you are an audio enthusiast. Lots of brands available there and dealers are reportedly much nicer than the ones you'd find in delhi (or north India for that matters) who are more interested in pushing you for a sale and less interested in giving you complete auditions (of course exceptions like Bass n treble are always there). If you are visiting there, try to extend your stay by a day or two for whatever speakers you aren't able to audition in delhi.

yes i will try to do audition their...:yahoo:

One idea which struck me is ... how about using two pairs of good bookshelf speakers (like KEF 300) for front and rear, along with a matching sub and centre speakers? I suppose this'll be better than a sub-sat combination. Most sats I know have tiny - and tinny --3" drivers.

Fellow sound enthusiasts, your opinions please? Please be as scathing as you want.

One idea which struck me is ... how about using two pairs of good bookshelf speakers (like KEF 300) for front and rear, along with a matching sub and centre speakers? I suppose this'll be better than a sub-sat combination. Most sats I know have tiny - and tinny --3" drivers.

Fellow sound enthusiasts, your opinions please? Please be as scathing as you want.

Your front 3 speakers-- Left, Right and Center -- Produce the Soundstage and roughly 98% of the sound. The surround speakers come into play only for surround effects and can be inexpensive speakers--

That's a very good decision. Mind you, I'm not an expert in hifi either and am still on the hunt to figure out the best setup I can get for me. You and I in fact have similar requirements. Room size is mostly same (mine is 25x16) and I think you'll end up spending the same amount as me (1.5L) in the end. Right now I've set my eyes on Marantz 6006 for avr (Rs 52k) and MS aviano 6 or 8 (FS), aviano 5 (Center), aviano 1 or 2 (surrounds) and aviano 7/9 for subwoofer. Unfortunately the importer for MS speakers is having some issues and is mostly out of stock. So only could try out the aviano 6 FS paired with a power amp.

Now that I've selected the speakers, the first thing I'm doing is place an order for marantz 6006 as I'm pretty much certain about that avr no matter wha the speakers. Once my avr is here, I plan to carry it along and demo avianos and some other FS in the same range before I make the final decision. I've selected the marantz mostly coz its a decent enough avr for the price and comes with the pre outs options to add more power in the future if there is a need for it. Wasn't considering a power amp earlier but the aviano 6 demo with CA power amp blew every other demo experience I had with other speakers paired with AVRs. Now it maybe that avianos are better sounding (to my ears) speakers than whatever else I tried so far Or it was all due to power amp. In any case, my avr budget had already increased to 40+ so adding another ~10k for future upgradability sounded like a good idea.

Btw, in delhi, you should also check out Bass n Treble (in ghittorni). One of the best dealers I've encountered so far. They don't have MS speakers but do have some good range with wharfedales, polk and a lot of other brands. I'll be getting my avr from them for sure if not the speakers.

Also, av expo will be held in delhi from 8-10 march. That should be a good one stop destination to check out some high end gear.

Plz can u tll more details about av expo..:)

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk

Dear Experts
i am looking for good speaker two fs or wall mount and one centre as a step one with my home theater set up ...budget for speakers i have kept around 55 k....i am thinking of whardefle , paradigm , polk audio , boston acoustic and sonodyne....i am getting either Marantz 6006 or denon 2113...depends upon audition next week..Please guide me which two make of speaker i should short list...is this budget any good ...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back