home theater

mitra

i am delighted to be part of this form....i need guidance and help in choosing home theater system i would like to slowly build it up....i have samsung 3d tv....i have initial budget of 60 K.......my use will be 70 % movie and 30 % music...i am looking for something latest so that it wont be outdated soon....Please guide me...i am looking for system with 3d capability and i am not so sure of 4k pass thru will be useful or not?

Dear prosenjit please note i have a nas of 3gb of western ...i plan to use it along with macbook ...home theater and 3d tv....look forward to your valuable suggestion

As an excellent starting system - I would look at
Denon 1713 receiver with
Paradigm Millenia One 2.0 (Pair) of speakers- For the Front Left and Right

This will set you back Rs 65,000.

You can always add a center channel speaker, Sub later. As your budget grows- you can move Front Left and Right to the Rear speakers and Upgrade your front speakers

okay for 25*18 size room...
60k startig budget
go 40k avr like denon 1912/onkyo equvalent....
and 20k or little higher priced fs
bs will also do the job as ur main aim is movie and aseparate dedicated sub will be there later...
audiotion and then decide...audition is the key..

buy centre,rears and sub later...

if 60k is fixed and full and final budget
get denon 1312 avr 22k/or onkyo equivalents
boston acoustics/wharfedale moviestar like 5.1 packages....35k....

imo get step by step..for a strong system

this is a fantastic avr...but only it costs 60k almost..
this
http://www.hifimart.com/marantz-sr5007-7-2-av-receiver-327

Last edited:
thanks dear Thtpro for your valuable input ....any good dealer in ncr for these system?

Dear prosenjit thanks for your guidance...please let me know what about marntz nr 1603....mainly it seems to lack 4k when compared to 5007...is 4k pass thru gona useful in future? or their other imp difference? since i am going to build step by step and also i can stretch my initial budget from 60 k to 70k ...

Last edited:
For your room size of 18 by 25 - I would go with 100 Watts per channel.

As a side note- in order to be able hear a difference in sound level you need to increase the power level by 2 or the next step that you should be looking at is 200 Watts

For decent sound level in your room 100 to 125 watts should be fine

i have notice onkyo avr have THD of 0.7% where as other have THD of .08% ....is this A important parameter for requirement of home theater like mine? look forward for expert guidance....

Dear expert what could be good option for avr if i keep a budget 40 k to 55k for avr only...need 3d pass thru , network enabled , i am taking marntz 5007 as one option (as per dear prosenjit suggestion)...and as per dear Thtpro Denon 1713 ....do let me know other option in similar price band...look forward for help...

Last edited:
Dear expert what could be good option for avr if i keep a budget 40 k to 55k for avr only...

Look choice of AVR depends on how much music / movies you will listen on them.

Yamaha and Marantz are better suited for music.
Whereas Denon and Onkyo have very cinematic sounding AVRs .

And also remember you need to choose your speakers according to your AVR.
Denon Pairs up well with Polk and Onkyo with Energy, Mission and Jamo.
Yamaha sounds good with Wharfedale and Tannoy.

It also depends on what type of sound you personally perfer. You may prefer a brighter sound with lots of detail whereas someone else may prefer a smoother sound, the 2 makes that come to mind with these 2 differences are Onkyo (Brighter) sounding and Denon (Smoother/ warmer) sound that others prefer.

So tell us about your preference and what type of music you are going to listen. We will help you.

Its better to build HT set up slowly one by one. It will satisfy you for a long time.

In the 47k price range for Denon - you are looking at AVR2113- It is a 7.1 System

You will not be able to hear the difference between THD of 0.7% and THD of 0.8%

Dear Rupam...thanks for excellent explanation ....i am looking for movie 70 % and music 30%...may be (Smoother/ warmer) sound

Last edited:
Thtpro

Reputation points: 58

Re: home theater
In the 47k price range for Denon - you are looking at AVR2113- It is a 7.1 System

You will not be able to hear the difference between THD of 0.7% and THD of 0.8%

thanks THTPro for very important info ...what about THD OF .7% AND THD OF .08%....I HOPE IT DOESNT MATTER...THANKS

Last edited:
Dear devilwearsprada thanks for your input......can you explain little more...which older version 1400 you mention? i am looking for 1603 or 5007 but later seems to more costly so i am thinking of denon 2113...

Last edited:
i suggest audiotion.....
audition is the ansewer....
without auditio it is diffcilut to determine...

marantz/onk/denon/yamaha all make great avrs.....

i speacially suggested 5007 for iyt has pre outs...
whwre as denon pre out wala model comes in 85k range!!!!!!!!!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back