Home theatre at 25K

As far as spending about 25 to 30k for Onkyo 3400, it can be a future ready option with 3D ready, 1.4a HDMIs and finally a decent sound output. However, if you stretch a bit you will get DENON 1311xp wiith 3D support HTIB around 28k and has a active subwoofer and bigger wooden encased speakers, superior to Onkyo 3400. Check with Croma.
All says that speakers of Denon are not good... But avr is, although have not got any demo, thinking about avr and speakers as single unit.
htstore has a combo of denon 1311 + jbl scs140bk... looking at that but could not audition because the store is in B'lore....

All says that speakers of Denon are not good... But avr is, although have not got any demo, thinking about avr and speakers as single unit.
htstore has a combo of denon 1311 + jbl scs140bk... looking at that but could not audition because the store is in B'lore....

You said u are based in Kolkata. Try getting in touch with the following offical ProFX showroom (as per their website). ProFX deals in Denon (for AVR) / Polk Audio, Kef, Focal (for speakers)

KOLKATA:

16/2 Hindustan Road, Gariahat
Kolkata 700029

Tel: + 91 33 24669301/05
E-mail: [email protected]

Timings: 11.30 am to 8.30 pm (Monday to Saturday)
3.00 pm to 8.30 pm (Sunday)

Also check out Sonodyne Sonus range. Welcome To Sonodyne.

You said u are based in Kolkata. Try getting in touch with the following offical ProFX showroom (as per their website). ProFX deals in Denon (for AVR) / Polk Audio, Kef, Focal (for speakers)
yeah but could not find a store like htstore where various brands are available....

yeah but could not find a store like htstore where various brands are available....

Well you will have to do it the hard way i guess. Make a list of dealers/ showrooms that deal in good branded products and make a visit over the WE and listen. You will not know the difference untill and unless you have listened to what you are actually looking for.

What we suggest here might not suit your taste. Everybody has his own interest, so just go and listen to various setups. ask the dealer to swap between AVRs and speaker setups.

I would suggest even take a look at the grey markets some of them do have a demo room. you may not like to buy from them but at least you can listen to what they have.

May be take a friend along just to make that you do not get bored and if that friend has some knowledge about audio the better.

Also not all show rooms persons are dumbos a few have a pretty good knowledge of sound / audio / electronics and will help you in your research. Talk to them, ask them ur doubts throw at them what ever comes to your mind. Never mind if it feels awkward.

I have heard Denon 1311 with Polk RM 6750 and HK134 with JBL 140BK. Both sound good. But I am a bit inclines towards JBL speakers. As HK 134 is backdated I am opting out of that. Will the sound quality differ if Denon 1311 + JBL 140BK is used?

I have heard Denon 1311 with Polk RM 6750 and HK134 with JBL 140BK. Both sound good. But I am a bit inclines towards JBL speakers. As HK 134 is backdated I am opting out of that. Will the sound quality differ if Denon 1311 + JBL 140BK is used?

Most probably it will. becoz both HK and denon use different electronic component and audio design. But to tell the difference one has to listen to the setup.

Otherwise your best option would be to take a vacation and go to bangalore. If you know somebody then great or else just make a friend :D

Discussion going out of track. for Amplifier & Speaker there is another section.

Does there is any good home theatre package in this range other than Onkyo?

Should be dedicated not with DVD/ Blue Ray player

Denon AVR is 6 ohm whereas Polk RM 6750is 8ohm, therefore would they be compatible? profx is giving this package then it is compatible right??

Discussion going out of track. for Amplifier & Speaker there is another section.

Does there is any good home theatre package in this range other than Onkyo?

Should be dedicated not with DVD/ Blue Ray player

It's the OP's prerogative mate and this is his thread. If other members are trying to help him then it's not that bad a thing. Moreover there are bound to be suggestions for him which would help him buy AVR + Speaker combo at roughly his original budget so it's tough to 'strictly' stick to demarcations of this being a HT section and not an AVR/speaker one.

cheers !

Denon AVR is 6 ohm whereas Polk RM 6750is 8ohm, therefore would they be compatible? profx is giving this package then it is compatible right??

Good question. I had always wondered why denon 1311 and RM6750 often is available and sold as a combination. Is it because RM6750 performs well with 6 Ohm AVRs or Denon drives 8 Ohm small speakers well?

Thoughts please from owners of this combination.

Thanks!

One may notice that every denon avr is 6ohm, i think that does not mean they are not capable of driving any 8ohm speakers....

Hello again,
Yesterday auditioned --
Denon 1312 + Tannoy SFX - obviously sound is good but also price is much higher(out of budger @ 65K)
Denon 1312 + PolkRM705 - sound was good - price last said 40k
So the option left for me is Harman Kardon 134 + JBL 140bk @25K
As I shall be connecting it to a PC I do not want to go much higher.
Now there are some question regarding configuration - the avr will be connected through SPDIF digital from PC. Will it be able to send DTS 5.1 sound with no loss also 5.1 sound for gaming? What needs to do for optimal configuration so that I get full sound like one can get from DVD player?

As far as spending about 25 to 30k for Onkyo 3400, it can be a future ready option with 3D ready, 1.4a HDMIs and finally a decent sound output. However, if you stretch a bit you will get DENON 1311xp wiith 3D support HTIB around 28k and has a active subwoofer and bigger wooden encased speakers, superior to Onkyo 3400. Check with Croma.

@ Sanjeev, Where did you find Denon 1312xp at 28k? Here in Pune it isn't available at Chroma.

@ Sanjeev, Where did you find Denon 1312xp at 28k? Here in Pune it isn't available at Chroma.

For Denons, in Pune, do check prices with Audio palace MG road. He is a nice gentleman and gave me best price for 1912 in Pune. Later I got Onkyo 609 from elsewhere (He does not deal with Onkyo directly and his contact was not able to provide warranty) so could not close a deal with him.

Hello again,
Yesterday auditioned --
Denon 1312 + Tannoy SFX - obviously sound is good but also price is much higher(out of budger @ 65K)
Denon 1312 + PolkRM705 - sound was good - price last said 40k
So the option left for me is Harman Kardon 134 + JBL 140bk @25K
As I shall be connecting it to a PC I do not want to go much higher.
Now there are some question regarding configuration - the avr will be connected through SPDIF digital from PC. Will it be able to send DTS 5.1 sound with no loss also 5.1 sound for gaming? What needs to do for optimal configuration so that I get full sound like one can get from DVD player?

Did you get to hear Denon 1312xp? how was the experience?
In the budget of 25K, you can also give a try for Yamaha YHT294/6 or RXV367+Speakers.

hey guys im new here so i need help
want a 5.1 speaker + amp package max budget 25k
till now only shortlisted yamaha yht 292 and harmon kardon avr134 + jbl scs 140 bk
but need more choices coz to be honest they sound really crappy but finally budget supersedes personal choice in my case
help!!

hey guys im new here so i need help
want a 5.1 speaker + amp package max budget 25k
till now only shortlisted yamaha yht 292 and harmon kardon avr134 + jbl scs 140 bk
but need more choices coz to be honest they sound really crappy but finally budget supersedes personal choice in my case
help!!

do not go for HK receivers, denon 1312 is much better. you can pair it with any speaker combo. have you heard onkyo HTS 3400?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back