Home theatre in a budget of 80k

Neros89

Hi,
I am planning to buy a HTsystem for my home. I have a budget of 80-85k of which 35k will be for Avr and rest 50k will be for a 5.1 speaker package. For the avr i will be buying either denon avr1200w or yamaha rx v479. My main concern is regarding the 5.1 speaker package. Im residing in Odisha and due to my job constraints it will be almost impossible to audition any of the system . So looking forward to this forum for help.
My requirements will be 80% music and 20%movies.
Room dimension 14ftX14ft.

Since i cannot audition any speaker system, my choices are completely based on reviews as well as information from various forums. My choices are:
1) Pioneer sp pk22bs
2) Energy take classic 5.1
3) harman kardon 16bq
4) tannoy htx 5.1
Any suggestions regarding any other system are very much welcome.
I feel buying discrete speakers/sub from online sites and assembling them far exceeds my budget , hence keen on getting it from a dealer whom i heard give good deals.

I have a friend in Bangalore who will be buying the systems for me. He will be auditioning 2-3 systems for me( u kno i can't ask him for more) since i wont be able to audition it and finally we will be deciding.
I have collected few dealers no from justdial and had called them but none of them are having Pioneer or Etc speaker package.
>So which speaker system will be best for my requirement.
>Can anyone tell me if these systems are available in bangalore, and if possble its present cost. Also it will be helpful if anyone can provide me with some dealer name in Bangalore.

Looking forward for ur reply.

Hey Bro,

For the dealers in Bangalore, you can trust on Mr. Lokesh from HTstore.in as I have personally seen him giving good advises to his customer. I have never found him trying to make money even if you have a good system and if you are looking for an upgrade in haste. You can visit his site :-

The Home Theater Store

For Speakers I would say I was also in the same boat and looking at your budget I would suggest Tanmoy as one of the best option.

Since your requirement is 80% on music, you may consider front 2channel speakers for 50k budget and rest in AVR, later you can build other channels based on your budget.

Try with Lokesh he is good in giving suggestion, but audition plays major role in selection.

Hi Neros, I'm in the same boat myself.. Still not bought but held up due to change of locations.
I got to audition a few setups.. I was a movie guy but gotta say that when it comes to music, the stereo setup beats them all.. and those are the speakers one should be concerned more about. If you are new to quality music, like me, you would be in awe of something called a 'soundstage'. As per the advises i got, and if you are cosidering gilfredpaul's suggestion above, you can go with a floorstander pair or a bookshelf pair with a subwoofer. In my auditions, I found the floorstanders to sound better, as there was fuller range of sounds from both sides.., I may be wrong.. i'm still a noob.
Someone showed me a denon 1200w paired with Polk TSx 330T, playing in his acoustically treated room, I was blown away with the experience.. I could literally visualise the vocalist and instrumentalist separately in front of me. However, other dealer were strictly of the view that polk 330 and denon1200w cannot create a soundstage at all.But seeing it is believing..
I then auditioned Sonodyne and monitor audio FS with marantz, to me it sounded ok.
Then I heard Dali Zensor 5 and 7 FS and Dali Zensor 3 Bookshelfs with sonodyne sub with marantz and yamaha..
The Dali 5 and 7 sounded good to me
This has been my journey till now.. I'll take tyme to decide as my plan is on hold for now..
Please let us know what you get and how its experience is...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Please also let us know which avr .. denon or yamaha sound better to you ... I want go go for yamaha as have heard abt sone HDMI card and atmos upgrade issues with denons, but I found that yamaha was a tad bit bright.. but then thats a personal preference..

Sent from my Samsung Galxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

For 80/20% music/movie, I dnt think the AVR route is correct. As you are more into music, then you will have to go for Amplifier and good floorstanders speakers. The same setup can also the do the job for 20% movie watching. However if you are looking for a 5.1 or 7.1 movie experience then take the AVR route for sure, however you will have to surely compromise on the quality of music. There many wizards who can guide to take a right choice, do not hurry.
You might have to travel to chennai or bangalore to audition to trust your ears as the taste can surely differ from your friend. Trust me it will be a journey that you wont regret.

May be you can look for AVR which uses high grade audio components. Sound is highly subjective and therefore people can only share there opinion/experience.
Among lots of really good products, it is not easy to pick anything if budget is limited.
IMO, You should audition Marantz AVRs, they appear good for music and movie both to me. However their entry level start around 50K (like 1506) which is amazingly good @50 WPC.
Hope this helps.

Hi

In my personal experience, have used many AVRs for the past 14 years and Marantz seems to do quite well when it comes to Music or stereo performance.....

The NR series (SLIM line) is rated 50w RMS at 8 ohms load is good enough and comparable to a Yamaha which outputs 100w RMS.

The SR series is audiophile designed and uses very very high grade components...expensive but worth every paisa spent....a different experience...

If budget is an issue, look in the For Sale by Owner Section or Hi Fi Ads...there are some good AVRs being sold at reasonable rates.

Hi,
I can understand your problem and limitation because I am also from Odisha and there are no hifi dealers here. Like most FMs would suggest, audition is a must because whats good to your ears may not sound nice to someone else's ..
I was having similar difficulty about a month back so one fine day, I went to Kolkata and took a few auditions, bought yamaha679 along with Sonodyne Sonus 2605V3 pair, Sonus centre and Sonus bookshelves. The sub Roarr 210 was out of stock so booked it too. When I came back to cuttack, my 2 business partners came to hear it. After 30 mins one of them said, "i am taking this set up. You go find yourself another one"
The other partner lines were, "book the same big towers and an AVR for me. Both of them going for Sonodynes compelled me to try other brands as well because we don't wanna look like brand ambassadors of Sonodyne. Haha
So my search continued and finally today i ordered one set up for myself. Will be delivered in 5-6 days.
As far as your requirement is concerned and if you are keen on 5.1, you can check pioneer AJ 5.1 series along with Denon 520BT. That will be more or less in your budget and if u want an Atmos AVR then Denon 1200 will suffice your needs. You can also check Yamaha RXV481 which will be available from this week or so as per my dealer's words.
Good luck bro:)

This is the link to the new series of Yamaha receivers:
2016 Yamaha RX-V81 Atmos/DTS:X A/V Receivers Preview | Audioholics

Just to share my experience, I have both Yamaha (HTR 3065 which is equivalent to 373) and Marantz SR7002, while Yamaha is crystal clear, for Music I always tend to lean on Marantz, sound is sweeter and soundstage is great. I have Yamaha floor standers paired up with Marantz (NS 555) and Yamaha 5.1 system with Yamaha. Just paired up Boston Acoustics bookshelfs with Yamaha as front end and sound quality improved. So auditioning would be important to decide what you like and are happy with.
Would suggest Marantz amplifier with floorstanders and any 5.1 system to make up for the 5.1/ 7.1 system. Considering budget look for a slightly used one (be patient) or build it up piece by piece. you can always add 5.1 speakers later, just go with Marantz and floorstanders.

Hi

In my personal experience, have used many AVRs for the past 14 years and Marantz seems to do quite well when it comes to Music or stereo performance.....

The NR series (SLIM line) is rated 50w RMS at 8 ohms load is good enough and comparable to a Yamaha which outputs 100w RMS.

The SR series is audiophile designed and uses very very high grade components...expensive but worth every paisa spent....a different experience...

If budget is an issue, look in the For Sale by Owner Section or Hi Fi Ads...there are some good AVRs being sold at reasonable rates.

Hey Hi,

That is an interesting analogy. Could you please elaborate on the comparison between NR and SR series? What exactly is different between them, both hardware and performance wise?

MaSh

Hey Hi,

That is an interesting analogy. Could you please elaborate on the comparison between NR and SR series? What exactly is different between them, both hardware and performance wise?

MaSh

3dB headroom in power.
More choice of I/O.
Audessey suite

The guts may be very similar between the two series.

Cheers,
Raghu

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back