home theatre required

rajni

Hello dear friends,
My tv speakers sound very bad, hence i am looking for a home theatre system in the budget of 25k.(i can increase my budget maximum by only 3k/4k if there is a better model)
Primarily i will be using to connect to my tatasky hd stb.
I have shortlisted
1. yamaha yht-196
2. yamaha yht-1810
3. onkyo ht-s3700

or suggest me something else within the given budget which makes an ideal choice for my requirement.

Hi,

The models mentioned by you are decent..you can check the specs and audition and decide which one to go for...

If you are open to pre owned @ reasonable rates, see For Sale by Owner or Hifi ads

You can try soundbar to improve your listening experience,it ill make less damage to your pocket too.How ever you wont get surround system experience with it.

I ill prefer Sound bar for watching TV :)

how is yamaha yht-196 different from onkyo ht-s3700 and yamaha-yht 1810 in terms of performance?

Hi,

Overall output would be almost the same, there would be some difference in sound quality depending on what speakers are bundled with the setup..

Also the features for these systems would differ slightly....

You need to use the same music or movie clip to experience the difference....they you can decide which one you want to go ahead with.

price of yamaha -196 is 27,999 rupees but few of the FM's have bought for as low as 19k/20k, how is it possible

Hi,

You need to check prices on online sites and also visit dealers...196 is an old model and so the price would have dropped....visit a Reliance Digital and check if any offers are there....

Hi,

You need to check prices on online sites and also visit dealers...196 is an old model and so the price would have dropped....visit a Reliance Digital and check if any offers are there....

I physically checked in two reliance digital outlets but the price they are quoting are 27,999 rupees. Is 196 model still worth for that much money?

Honestly I don't think so as this model I believe is 3-4 years old (maybe more)

Suggest you visit other dealers.....ProFx also sell Yamaha.....check if they have any stock and usually they rope in 10-15% discount on mrp

thanks @efernand and all other friends,
I will do audition and later decide which one to go for..

I physically checked in two reliance digital outlets but the price they are quoting are 27,999 rupees. Is 196 model still worth for that much money?

Frequently, RD is giving an offer. Last time, I bought this when they offer for 20K also at that time SBI card 5% discount offer was there. so I got 1000 back from SBI. So keep your eyes on their website. These models are not old one as they are still manufacturing this products.

Last edited:
hi friends, I am currently unable to allocate the budget of 25k for buying, therefore i have lowered my budget to 18k for which i will be buying within a week's time. I have shortlisted the following soundbars
jbl sb150
sony ht-rt3
which among this are better at my current budget or you can also suggest me something better than this in my budget.
thank you

Hi

If you are looking at a soundbar. go for Samsung

300 W 2.1Ch Soundbar J450 | SAMSUNG India

This is being sold around 16k - 18k by various dealers..(possibly less too)....

One of my friend's had a very low budget and space constraint....so went with him and selected this....it was cost effective, better in performance.....full volume no jarring .....good connectivity options...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back