Home Theatre requirement for around 50K Rupees

Gopi / Mridul,

I checked some reviews on Pioneer 600AV and Cambridge Audio DV 89. Both have rave reviews but Pioneer seems to have an edge. Like it's a little better than Cambridge. Is this true?

I, btw, found the dealer for Cambridge in B'lore. He's in Koramangala BDA complex.

Mridul: I haven't purchased any amp yet. I'm trying to get a HTiB setup, from wharfedale itself, if that is possible. I'm yet to call the dealer up though. I'm still waiting to confirm my flat, so haven't gone comparative shopping yet [dealers give a rude stare and a evil smirk when you go a 2nd time without purchasing, yeah] :D

I was thinking the amp will come with the wharfedale package... lol... ;)

Gopi / Mridul,

I checked some reviews on Pioneer 600AV and Cambridge Audio DV 89. Both have rave reviews but Pioneer seems to have an edge. Like it's a little better than Cambridge. Is this true?

I, btw, found the dealer for Cambridge in B'lore. He's in Koramangala BDA complex.

Mridul: I haven't purchased any amp yet. I'm trying to get a HTiB setup, from wharfedale itself, if that is possible. I'm yet to call the dealer up though. I'm still waiting to confirm my flat, so haven't gone comparative shopping yet [dealers give a rude stare and a evil smirk when you go a 2nd time without purchasing, yeah] :D

I was thinking the amp will come with the wharfedale package... lol... ;)

Ajay

Yes, its Audio Planet, in Koramangala, behind BDA Complex...
Mr. Palani, is the Bangalore Distributor for Cambridge Audio & Mordaunt Short...

And yes, Pioneer has an edge over CA in terms of source...

And Ajay, dont give Mr. Lokesh, Vector Systems a shock, asking him for a complimentary amp (Denon, he deals in), with a Warfedale 9.0...
He will surely faint...LOL...:p

Anyways...just clear my one point...what flat are you talking about...???
a Flat Panel or what...???
And if its a flat panel than what flat panel you are looking at...???

And why are you so keen about HTiB setup...??? And even though Warfedale & Denon from Mr. Lokesh would be good idea...:D

Try it out...

Mridul,

Yaar i'd already told that am not an audio expert and I don't have the money or time to go around auditioning separate items that constitude a HT. Which is why I am looking at getting a HTiB, something like Onkyo.

But since the Audiophiles here have suggested other brands, I am considering:

1. Pioneer DVD player
2. Wharfedale speakers

Now, I was under the impression that the only other thing required for a HT setup, was an amp. I keep looking at these things called receivers...

Are AMPs and RECEIVERs separate devices? Don't break into a laugh on my ignorance, but this is a true question. I don't know...

I am now doubtful if I can wrap the entire setup within 50K, which in itself was a scaled up budget...

Gosh! I need to hunt for bargains now, i suppose.... Help me, experts....

Point noted Gopi. But don't entry level HT setups require an amp? Just curious... I want to be sure that I don't end up [if I can] buy the wharfedale speakers, and then find out they won't perform well since they're not supported by an amp....

oh btw gopi/mridul, I'm convinced with the Pio DV 600AV [or something like that] DVD player and it has great reviews.... What I want to know is if this player is multiregion capable? Or can it be firmware upgraded to a multiregion capable player...

Thanks for your answers...

Receiver is mostly an amplifier + fm/am radio tuner
All the entry level amplifiers mostly come with tuners. Regarding compatibility with Wharfedale's, make sure you run through the forum or the dealer before buying them. Most of the entry level receivers from Denon/Marantz/Onkyo will work fine. Regarding pioneer being region free, I am not sure. But, mostly they are. But then, neverthless the ones you get in India will work fine here. So, it should be fine.

Mridul,

Yaar i'd already told that am not an audio expert and I don't have the money or time to go around auditioning separate items that constitude a HT. Which is why I am looking at getting a HTiB, something like Onkyo.

But since the Audiophiles here have suggested other brands, I am considering:

1. Pioneer DVD player
2. Wharfedale speakers

Now, I was under the impression that the only other thing required for a HT setup, was an amp. I keep looking at these things called receivers...

Are AMPs and RECEIVERs separate devices? Don't break into a laugh on my ignorance, but this is a true question. I don't know...

I am now doubtful if I can wrap the entire setup within 50K, which in itself was a scaled up budget...

Gosh! I need to hunt for bargains now, i suppose.... Help me, experts....

Ajay

There is nothing to laugh at...

I started worse than you...

I never knew what a crossover is, i use to think that amplifier are those voltage stablizers, used to power the equipments...
so you are going in great dont worry....

Bro...
Just another insertion...i know, you are not an audiophile, neither am i...
But just tell me one, thing, are you eager enough to build your 5.1, at once...???

See when you are investing hard earned money, you should be feel great for your investment...

I still would suggest you, to go for an nice amp, for around Rs.35K..
Go for Marantz - 5002 - Rs.35K - Good for movies & music...
Go for Cambridge Audio 540 - Rs.34K - Good for music & movies...

After that go for a pair of speakers...
Go for Wharfedale 9.2/9.1 - Rs.12K...

After that go for Pioneer 600 - source - Rs.10-11K

Your total expenses will be around Rs.57K...

Then slowly buy, rest speakers and subwoofers...accordingly...
It will take some time, but you will be happy for your investment...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back