Home theatre room colour/s?

prateekatasniya

Hi guys
Would like to discuss all about the importance of the room colour on video quality and feel ( ambience) of the home theatre room.

Target is to come up with a solution of getting both great video quality and an ambience in which anyone could spend long hours without any mental discomfort which is caused in completely black rooms.

I have gone with medium dark grey walls with dark grey carpet primarily because mine is a multipurpose room with music and home theatre and my work PC in the same room.
I might have gone a bit darker if it had been for video only.
The ceiling and the wall behind the screen are much darker than the other walls.

Another way of doing it could be lighter coloured walls and dark velvet floor to ceiling curtains.

Pics of my room. Actual colour is little darker than what it appears in the pics.

22-jpg.59660

final-2-jpg.59656

I have gone with medium dark grey walls with dark grey carpet primarily because mine is a multipurpose room with music and home theatre and my work PC in the same room.
The ceiling and the wall behind the screen are much darker than the other walls.

Another way of doing it could be lighter coloured walls and dark velvet floor to ceiling curtains.

Pics of my room. Actual colour is little darker than what it appears in the pics.

22-jpg.59660

final-2-jpg.59656
Not married?

Hi guys
Would like to discuss all about the importance of the room colour on video quality and feel ( ambience) of the home theatre room.

Target is to come up with a solution of getting both great video quality and an ambience in which anyone could spend long hours without any mental discomfort which is caused in completely black rooms.
if its a projector you r using and if picture quality is your priority, then it has to be black . any other color just wont have that contrasting impact that true non-reflective black does - it will be an image to cherish for a lifetime. if its a big ass TV well then its a different story. you can get all the creative on walls you wanna be then go bonkers

22-jpg.59660

final-2-jpg.59656
The colour of wood is adding a change and liveliness to the otherwise neutral shades of black and grey..

Looks awesome!!

Thing to learn : even if we go the black/dark grey route we should add other colours as accent to break the monotony of black/grey.

I went all out matte black, with dark grey carpet, black ceiling tiles, had dark grey paint (covered it it with mostly foam). The Recliners add colour to the otherwise black room. The dark grey paint ended up being too shiny in my view hence added the foam to make it less reflective.

My old HT with dark grey (too reflective in my view)

Now, with foam to prevent reflections as well as acoustic treatments

With burgundy recliners :)

I even painted the atmos ceiling speakers to go with the look
CKnBPAu.jpg

Images look crisper, atleast to me
lvvx3dd.jpg

Next, to spray paint the AC and switch panel to maintain the look :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back