Home theatre set up

Hi Flash,

Many thanks for the info. i shall wait for your importers info. i have enough time here.
Again getting back to the speaker set up, at present i have the below in my mind.
Wharfedale EVO signature series (1.3L from hifimart)
Mordaunt short mezzo series (8,1,5) 1.6L
B&W 684,686,htm62; 1.6L
Monitor Audio Silver RX series

Which one would you suggest from the above.

thanks
pechetti

Honestly i like the B&W's
However replace the 684's with the 683's and the rear 684 instead of 686 . and youve got a killer system with a 5 year manufaturers warranty

the onkyo dealer is at Alpha audio at adelphi near Plaza singapora, however he will direect you to the distibuter is at Sarangoon . as him for the address . you should get the NR809 for $600.
you can audition the B&W's at Adelhi 3rd floor

Hi Flash,

thanks for the info. i have been to ADELPHI. i auditioned the Wharfe 10 there only.
Actually i went for the MA BX audition. the shop keeper was very rude and ill mannered.
I shall be going there for auditioning the B&W, MS aviano & Mezzo and if possible the Tannoy revolution signature series.
After that i shall try to audition the MA RX6 AV12 and the DALI IKON,ZENSOR.
i think i shall keep my choices to above set up to avoid further agony.

Based on the speakers the AVR is to be selected. would you agree with that?
or is it the other way round.
I have DENON 3312/ ONKYO TX-NR 809/MARANTZ SR 7005/PIONEER VSX-1121-K as my choices

Is it Naranjan you are mentioning at SARANGOON in little india.

I have kept about 1000-1200SGD for the AVR. i hope all the above mentioned is in that that range.
how is pioneer elite series.
I hope i am in the right direction with my choice of set up.

the set up you had suggested is crackling, if wishes were horses.
i can not spend that kind of money on a set up.

all the hifians reading this post, guide me

thanks
pechetti

Hi All,

I am pretty new to HT. I have got myself a 50VT20, recently. Now, I am planning to setup the HT. I will be soon shifting to my new residence, so I am still atleast a couple of months from actually purchasing the HT, but thought this would be the right time to start planning and doing the market research.

Wanted your valuable suggestions for the same.

Budget: ~75k
Room Size: 11'x13'
TV viewing distance: 10'
Cabling can be done as per requirement, as interiors are still to be done.
Usage pattern: 45%Movies, 45%TV, 10%Music.
Looking for AVR+Speakers, preferable, AVR which can upscale my SD TV channels to 1080p.
A diagram of the room dimensions is attached.

Attachments

• Room Dimensions.jpg
    Room Dimensions.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 72
Don't give much importance to upscaling feature while selecting a AVR. Your TV should probably do the job better (considering your TV is a top end Pana).

Get a Denon 1612 for 25K and spend the rest for 5.1 package.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back